PNGISD Multipurpose Facility

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I deal with our church's money a lot, and when money is designated for something, we MUST use it for only that purpose. We do not have the liberty to use it anywhere else. The schools are prob. a bit different, but the fact still remains that people, including myself, donated money, for that sole purpose. If the monies don't go there, they are not the school's, or the BAC's, to do what they want with it. It was given for 1 purpose. Period.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Hate to jump to a less than fully informed opinion, or sound negative, but coming from a PN-G grad who supports the community 1000% from afar, this entire thing is strange. The way things are handled by the school board, and sometimes the school district, seems less than professional.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
IndianFan there are a couple of folks on this schoolboard who have disappointed me over and over and over again. There voting record is quite ugly. I truley believe that some of them are more self serving than kids serving. Its about time to vote some of them out and try some fresh energized blood in there.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Some of the school board members worry the donations would be lost if the project doesn’t move forward. Cavness explained the major donors just want to “make sure the district is on the ball with it.” “But when you ask teachers to have fundraisers for their classrooms, then want to take money for a multipurpose building — you’re gonna have some mad teachers,” Parker said. - See more at: http://www.panews.com/2015/07/18/pn-g-multipurpose-facility-tabled-again/#sthash.P0f2Al4W.dpuf
---------------

What do they mean by "lost"?

Obviously education is the focus, but since when does a school district base decisions on teacher opinions? Not in any district that I've seen. And every teacher in the state has to finance their own classroom luxuries or even many necessities.

What is going on in Port Neches??

bark

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Some of the school board members worry the donations would be lost if the project doesn’t move forward. Cavness explained the major donors just want to “make sure the district is on the ball with it.” “But when you ask teachers to have fundraisers for their classrooms, then want to take money for a multipurpose building — you’re gonna have some mad teachers,” Parker said. - See more at: http://www.panews.com/2015/07/18/pn-g-multipurpose-facility-tabled-again/#sthash.P0f2Al4W.dpuf
: :whiteflag:
They, in order to justify their stance, by saying how can we use ISD funds for sport when schools, budget for education are lacking, you can't disagree with that. Smart objection for the SB stance, they are right on this one.

1,000,000 cost --- that's 4 donations of 100,000 each, 100,000 from the BC = 500,000 then 1,000 from 500 peeps

There's the million. Now its all jacked up and still 1 to 2 years out to design, build- not to mention the fund raising side.

That's what LOST means. Project failed wonder how long till the 2 that made the $250,000 donation is retracted? Their family will be graduated in 2/3 years.

What do they mean by "lost"?

Obviously education is the focus, but since when does a school district base decisions on teacher opinions? Not in any district that I've seen. And every teacher in the state has to finance their own classroom luxuries or even many necessities.

What is going on in Port Neches??

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Makes sense Bark. At the same time, though, you still have some SB members that don't WANT us to be successful... because they don't like BF.

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
I have a question, what does having an indoor practise facility have to do with being successful? I think that shows lack of faith in our coaching staff and kids, more than the decision to build or not build this facility. If it's too expensive then don't build it, it isn't the end of the world. Good grief!

bark

1,000+ Posts
NDN fan 4ever said:
I have a question, what does having an indoor practise facility have to do with being successful? I think that shows lack of faith in our coaching staff and kids, more than the decision to build or not build this facility. If it's too expensive then don't build it, it isn't the end of the world. Good grief!
:woohoo:
Best post ever! Do like WOS and Nederland, go win some games!

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
I know BF has great intentions and wanted something special for the kids. I just think the money should be there (or at least the majority of the money) before we build something just to build it. It needs to be nice, not just a barn. From what I've heard, that is all we would end up with, with the current monies that have been contributed. Just my 2 cents.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Having an indoor facility doesn't equate to wins. But it provides something special to all sports, band, and other groups who might use it. Providing a great facility for the kids might be considered the success. Just getting kids out of the Texas summer heat and other inclement weather. There are dozens of districts across the state that have done the same.

But unfortunately a district that was once considered wealthy seems to now be struggling to make ends meet.

Kudos to the generous boosters that donated the $400-500K that is available. It's a shame that local businesses and a large contingent of fans couldn't pull together and cover the remaining funds needed.

bark

1,000+ Posts
PAZ Snooze article this morning. Major donors wanted their $ back so the SB voted to return it.

What bothers me is only Balsamo voted AGAINST IT!!!!!!

He will run again, unopposed and continue to undermine Tha athletic dept and Fairclothe

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PN-G Proud - congratulations to your son...the prayer garden, eagle scout honor, drum major, and the list goes on...the article in the PA News should make you proud...be proud of him, you should be. Your online name is fitting, PN-G Proud.

Go Indians. Peace.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores