PNGISD Multipurpose Facility

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
bark said:
PAZ Snooze article this morning. Major donors wanted their $ back so the SB voted to return it.

What bothers me is only Balsamo voted AGAINST IT!!!!!!

He will run again, unopposed and continue to undermine Tha athletic dept and Fairclothe

Just curious, does anyone know if there might be a future effort with these individuals as the cornerstones?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
1989NDN said:
PN-G Proud - congratulations to your son...the prayer garden, eagle scout honor, drum major, and the list goes on...the article in the PA News should make you proud...be proud of him, you should be. Your online name is fitting, PN-G Proud.

Go Indians. Peace.

Thanks so much 89 and Dove. I am indeed proud of him. He's a good kid and he works very hard for what he's accomplished. Oh, and I beat him regularly too. :punchingbag: Gotta keep them in line! ;D

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
BH has a BUTT-LOAD of money and they make no beans about it. They are oil-rich and a large majority of their funds come from old oil money.
We get some help from refineries too, but we have to give much of it away (robin hood).

It's sad. :(

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
We haven't been given it away the past several years from what I've heard!! Sad with all the concessions we give the refineries with tax abatements they can't pitch in the funds!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The $5 million indoor, climate-controlled practice facility contains an 85-yard artificial turf field designed to accommodate multiple sports and extracurricular athletic support organizations. The facility is equipped with a dividing screen to support simultaneous practices, batting cages, and a vault box for track.

DannysBoy

:clap: Money was not a issue with the whole situation. There are plenty and I repeat plenty of Alumni that would have made it happen. However due to some POLITICAL issues, it just will not happen unless the SB makes some changes. TJ grads, and old guard will not get it done... :clap: That is reffering to SB members, not anyone on this board..

Torino

500+ Posts
DannysBoy said:
:clap: Money was not a issue with the whole situation. There are plenty and I repeat plenty of Alumni that would have made it happen. However due to some POLITICAL issues, it just will not happen unless the SB makes some changes. TJ grads, and old guard will not get it done... :clap: That is reffering to SB members, not anyone on this board..
Just curious. What are the political issues? Nor being sarcastic; just don't know.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If the majority of citizens/taxpayers desire the project, and the booster club can gather the donations, then WHAT BUSINESS DOES THE SCHOOLBOARD HAVE in denying or discouraging it?

I can understand how school property use, utilities/ maintenance, and insurance is something to plan and work out. But all that can be worked out. Outright refusal makes no sense. Board members need to work with the community they are ELECTED to serve.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
justafan said:
We haven't been given it away the past several years from what I've heard!! Sad with all the concessions we give the refineries with tax abatements they can't pitch in the funds!!

Wow. This looks like an incredible facility. There are reasons why PNG was not able to get something like this done. But IMO, none of those reasons were legitimate.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I try to stay out of the politics because I just love supporting our Indians. I will dip my toe and say this. Our SB is the same as its been for the last 7 years or so. They are factioned we all know the names and faces of who hates who. Its like a bunch of kids at summer camp. They bully there ways around and push agenda's like they are in congress. I ask you this. How about just what is best for the kids? Not SB members. I leave you with this.... When the folks are getting voted in on such a minor number of votes that tells them YOU DONT GIVE A S*^T......... GO VOTE I DO EVERY YEAR.... Vote out the trouble makers. GET RID OF THEM@!!!! :pistols:

Torino

500+ Posts
prepballfan said:
I try to stay out of the politics because I just love supporting our Indians. I will dip my toe and say this. Our SB is the same as its been for the last 7 years or so. They are factioned we all know the names and faces of who hates who. Its like a bunch of kids at summer camp. They bully there ways around and push agenda's like they are in congress. I ask you this. How about just what is best for the kids? Not SB members. I leave you with this.... When the folks are getting voted in on such a minor number of votes that tells them YOU DONT GIVE A S*^T......... GO VOTE I DO EVERY YEAR.... Vote out the trouble makers. GET RID OF THEM@!!!! :pistols:
The only way that will happen is if the upcoming bond election doesn't occur in May but occurs in November at the same time as the board elections. Otherwise. several thousand concerned citizens will vote in May and 1,000 will vote in November when Balsamo and Miller are up for reelection (I think they are up then). 6 months later won't make much difference in the building project.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores