PNGISD Multipurpose Facility

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I sure hope all the excitement that was building wasn't in vain. That facility needs to be a showcase. The money is out there to build it.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Embarrassing maybe, but maybe more embarrassing to both have such a small facility for use during bad weather and that would be difficult to reach during bad weather.

bark

1,000+ Posts
OldEagle said:
Embarrassing maybe, but maybe more embarrassing to both have such a small facility for use during bad weather and that would be difficult to reach during bad weather.
Heard really good news at a Breakfast yesterday. SB is going to use the $500,000 to improve the Softball, Baseball fields as well as something for the volleyball dressing room now that the indoor thing is cancelled.

several of the local elected folk there also spoke of the upcoming bond .

We are lucky to have fans, BC to donate the 500K especially the 2 individuals with the major donations.

Can't wait to see the fields!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
To bad the greedy companies like Huntsman, Total, BASF don't donate the money while the tax payers of the district have to smell there crap and we don't get the bs tax breaks they get!!!

pngmom4

500+ Posts
I spoke with a SB member yesterday, I asked about the indoor facility money going to the baseball/softball complex. The answer was NO. While they did recently discuss issues with the complex, they did not discuss using this money to pay for the complex improvements.

bark

1,000+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
I spoke with a SB member yesterday, I asked about the indoor facility money going to the baseball/softball complex. The answer was NO. While they did recently discuss issues with the complex, they did not discuss using this money to pay for the complex improvements.
Ok, I got a different view from the person I talked to.

Did they tell you about giving the $$$$$$ back to the donors and ABC?

Please ask the person you talked for sure where the $$$$$ is going to, the insinuation I got was it was in a general fund for athletics to be used as the SB sees fit.

I would hope the SB would at least ask the donors and ABC if they want the $$$$ back.

Unfortunately, many people think irrationally when $$$ is involved. I was only in $100--- no big deal, it's been 5/6/7 years since I received the letter and made the pledge.

Look forward to your information.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I am just a bit curious why would you call this embarrassing? I think the bad thing would have been going through with an idea that fell through for whatever reason. To call it embarrassing when we don't even know the outcome yet is a bit jumping the gun!!!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Yes Embarrassing!!! With the Tradition, Plant Money, Alum you'd think there would be more $$$ donated. 2 families donated 3/4 of the money.

bark

1,000+ Posts
justafan said:
Yes Embarrassing!!! With the Tradition, Plant Money, Alum you'd think there would be more $$$ donated. 2 families donated 3/4 of the money.
:shout:
What's going to happen is the SB will tie the remaining money needed to the bond issue vote coming up.

If they don't get the bond passed, money stays in fund for whatever they see fit.

Please remember SB and Sups are judged by bonds passed and the amount of those bonds. It's been that way for 15/20 years.

I'll go on record that the SB will use the passing of replacing 5 Elem schools to the fans heartstrings of wanting a first class indoor facility.

How else will they come up with the 1,000,000$ difference. Think about it? Several of us stated early on the price range of 1-1.5 million to do.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
Bark, you really need to go visit the super. Instead of assuming on here, go get the facts from him. While I am on the bond committee, we have not discussed at anytime, to include the indoor facility In the bond.
And technically, the donation you made was to the booster club. That money was deposited into a booster club account. When the money was given to the school district, there was no list showing who gave what and how much.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
Bark, you really need to go visit the super. Instead of assuming on here, go get the facts from him. While I am on the bond committee, we have not discussed at anytime, to include the indoor facility In the bond.
And technically, the donation you made was to the booster club. That money was deposited into a booster club account. When the money was given to the school district, there was no list showing who gave what and how much.

Are we looking at a bond for new Elems. in the near future? I am game and would vote for it. The Elem. in the district as well as PNE have been in BAD shape since my kids were in school and that was MANY years ago!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
justafan said:

It really is a disappointment that it's so difficult to raise that money. Advertising, local businesses and fan contributions should easily be able to raise 1.5M, or whatever the number is. Did anyone ever talk to any of the distinguished alumni with deep pockets?

bark

1,000+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
: :sorry:

We have a deficit budget -means NO MONEY TO SPEND except to float a bond, which I am for new schools, I vote yes.

Two questions for you to ask the Sup.

1. Where is the 570,000$$$ from the ABC, will it be given back???
2. Where will the 1,000,000$$$ difference come from for the IF???

I feel certain the District (us) have no funds-- another point, based off previous voting history do you think Balsamo and his group will fund $1,000,000 for athletics when he/they vote no on all athletic issues?????

We can respectfully have our opinions but time WILL tell. They have our ABCs 1/2 million and no money to do a IF, that's a fact, so why not give it back??

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores