Reason for concern?

Layingemdown

I am very proud of how the Indians have played up until this point in the season. However, it seems to me, that we make tons of mistakes and penalties. I dont know the stats, but I am pretty sure we probably topped the 100 yd mark in penalties against the Dogs. Also, the instances with the wrong players on the field causing us to call timeouts back to back is concerning in week 5. One last thing is, what was happening on the goaline right before half? I know I may be a little too critical sometimes, but I just think that if we do these things against Lumberton, Vidor, Central, and Livingston we are going to be in trouble.

We are going to have to put together a complete 4 quarters to beat these teams, and I have yet to see us do it. Very proud of the defense tonight, as they shut Ned down after that first drive. First road game next week....GO INDIANS!!!

indian17

Reason for Concern? MMM... No not yet

Even after all the penalties/mistakes etc.. we are 5-0. Our team is on the verge of becoming a very well oiled machine. Our defense is alot better then everyone realizes and if they continue to produce the turnovers we have seen so far we will be in every game.

Can you imagine what will happen if we do play a complete, consistant game? scary good ;D

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I agree with what you said. Just remember, this is a new system. It takes time to learn it. Most said over the summer that they understood it would take a while to get the new system in place. Now, the pressure to go undefeated in district is etremely high. We can go undefeated in district, but we might not. It looks like every team in this istrict can win on any given night. Yes, we made stupid mistakes, I'm not trying to take away from that. However, give Nederland some credit. Their o-line made some huge holes and did an excellent job of blocking. They came prepared for the game.

I guess the point is, we may very well not go undefeated in district. Don't go head hunting if we don't. This is a very tough district from top to bottom.

91ndn

i don't think we have anything to worry about..the penalties need to be cutdown but we are playing great..i had to work at the woodlands memorial football game last week and woodlands is one of the top teams in 5a and didn't look like it..every team has an off night..we will be fine...keep it men..

NDN79

500+ Posts
I don't think there is cause for concern!! We are undefeated--it doesn't get any better than that!! I don't think that we should expect the NDN's to be perfect. They have only played 5 games with a brand new offense and defense. The errors that have been made--can be corrected--we are not being out-played. Just think how awesome it's going to be when we put it all together!! THERE IS NO REASON FOR CONCERN!! Only our opponents should be concerned. GREAT JOB INDIANS!! :clap:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores