Round 1: PN-G vs Dayton

bark

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
The playoffs...PN-G needs a strong performance by the OL and DL. To win in the post season, you have to control the line of scrimmage.

Go Indians. Peace.
Time to get it done. No excuses.
:helmet:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't it rain during the early season game that Morse and company gained 385 yards passing? A wet ball and field may work to the Indians' advantage.

NDN79

500+ Posts
When are we going to stop the stupid,idiotic,senseless pooch kick-offs? We give the opposition great field position and it just resulted in Dayton taking the lead. I just don't get it :huh:

PNGIndian75

100+ Posts
Halftime...

PNG 17
Dayton 21

Regroup and make adjustments and come out on fire in second half Indians. Let's get this done, you know you can do it.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
modmouse78 said:
i will not go to another game that faircloth coaches and has the kicker kicking it to the forty yard line.

I completely agree. WTH??? Why would you give your opponent half the field time and time again??

We seriously need to regroup and get a few things in check. With the talent we have ---there is NO reason that we should be bowing out of the playoffs in the first round year after year.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I hate to post when I am upset, but have to get this off my chest.

Faircloth needs to realize DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE CANNOT TACKLE........PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor defensive game planning!!

SPECIAL TEAMS WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!! If your going to give the other team a 50 yrd field each time, onside kick the damn ball!!! The punter could've drank a cup of coffee each time he punted. Our line just stands up straight and never rushes the punter.

Faircloth and his staff needs to go watch other teams play and learn how to coach. I am a Faircloth fan, but he is getting schooled week end and week out.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
We gave up 35 point in 12 mins and 30 secs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were ahead 30-21 with 30 secs left in 3rd qtr.

COACH THE BEND BUT DON'T BREAK DEFENSE DOESN'T WORK.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for a great year seniors. Keep your heads high, this game could have gone either way.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I thought the defensive game plan was just fine. The defense made plenty of plays behind the line of scrimmage and in the open field to give our kids a shot to win. We are not the 1985 Bears. We will not just shut down the other team. Give Dayton credit, they had some play makers. The Indians made enough stops to turn the game in our favor. The defensive coaches had kids in position to make stops. The Indians defense bends some and they defend the short field as best they can. I agree, the pooch kick has (1) got to improve exponentially, i.e., kick the ball higher and deeper causing the opposing kick-off receiver to call for a fair catch, or (2) do away with the pooch kick and just squib kick it down the middle of the field. We cannot expect our defense to work miracles when the opposing team only has to go 50 yards for a score. Dayton ran the ball on us and had an elusive QB #15 and RB #9, but our defense did the best it could to string out the run and gang tackle.

Untimely penalties and turnovers are what stopped the Indians from grabbing a bi-district win. In the post season, you have to take care of the football. The two back-to-back turnovers in the 2nd half killed the momentum of PN-G (the fumble on the kick off return, which led to a quick Dayton TD; and the bobbled hand-off between Morse and Halfin, which led to a Dayton TD). If we don't fumble back to back in the 3Q, the game would have been much more interesting coming down the stretch.

I will agree with the masses...the ineffective pooch kick has got to go [and, no, I am not faulting he kicker; he is doing the best he can]. Giving Dayton a 50-yard field is expecting too much from our defense. Executing a pooch kick is not as easy as it seems. It's got to be high and deeper than 10-20 yards. I'd rather just kick it out of bounds and at least make the opposing team start at the 35 yard line vs. the 50 yard line. Why now just kick it deep or squib kick it?

On defense, #48, #41, #47 tackled well. #23 made a big time hit on a Dayton WR. OL had a good game. QB and the skilled kids at WR and RB played hard and gave the Indians a good shot at a W.

Penalties and turnovers.

Good season, Indians. Enjoyed watching you play.

Go Indians. Peace.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores