Run Through Signs for Manvel Game

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
A friend of mine and PNG grad lives in that area and said they can't stand it when people refer to them as Alvin so maybe we could use that in some way.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Then perhaps a very simple and plain purple sign with white lettering, "BEAT ALVIN" may be in order... ;D

or

"Been here... done this before"

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. Better to show respect to the opponent. And take care of business on the field.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I think this thread was meant to be all in good fun...I don't think any of us really think any of this will or should make it on a run thru. Guess I forgot to put a smiley on the end of my other post...my bad.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
I can remember when PNG did not even mentioned our opponents on the Run-Through signs. It was considered in bad taste to do so. Instead the signs only promoted PNG. I think the 1st time we got away from this was against Nederland (or maybe TJ) many years ago (maybe the 80's or 90's). The sign said "Nederland Never Had It Never Will".
I actually wish we would go back to the old way.

NDN76

MY DOG
I think it would be best to honor our TEAM and just simply put on it:

WHO ARE WE? PNG!

OR.................

PRIDE+HONOR+TRADITION=PNG!

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
Like the WHO ARE WE..PNG....but add to it PRIDE HONOR TRADITION...and lets show it on the field and in the stands Saturday night.

15PNG

500+ Posts
+1 -agree. All the signs need to stay focused on our squad and our accomplishments. I know everyone gets excited during playoff time, but there should be nothing less than pure class coming from our program & fans. It's called pride, honor, and tradition for a reason.

NDN76

MY DOG
15PNG said:
+1 -agree. All the signs need to stay focused on our squad and our accomplishments. I know everyone gets excited during playoff time, but there should be nothing less than pure class coming from our program & fans. It's called pride, honor, and tradition for a reason.

Kewl thought.......just made the additional suggestion. Thx, 15

75NDNDB

I remember a few years back when we played Dayton and the run through said "We Will Mail You A Postcard From State". We was not out of district play at the time. I remember cringing when I read it! We got smoked!!! Cannot put the cart before the horse! Its allways the quiet guy in the corner you have to watch...Stay Focused, Humble and Come out FIGHTING LIKE HELL like Custer's last stand!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
75NDNDB said:
I remember a few years back when we played Dayton and the run through said "We Will Mail You A Postcard From State". We was not out of district play at the time. I remember cringing when I read it! We got smoked!!! Cannot put the cart before the horse! Its allways the quiet guy in the corner you have to watch...Stay Focused, Humble and Come out FIGHTING LIKE HELL like Custer's last stand!

Because the quiet guy in the corner KNOWS he has nothing to prove or fear. And that he can, and WILL take care of business as needed. :punchingbag:
Faircloth promotes the same. To paraphrase what he said in one of his first interviews, "We're not going to worry about what the other teams does. We're going to concentrate on what we need to do to be the best we can be."

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores