Spring Football Practice

NDN79

500+ Posts
Does anyone have the date when spring football practice starts for the Indians? Could you please post it here for all of the fans? Thanks!

OldEagle

500+ Posts
The PNGISD web site does have this statement on it:

Spring Football Game
The 2011 PNG Indians Varsity Football Team will have their annual Purple vs. White spring football game on Friday, May 27, 2011. Game times are TBD.

Of course it doesn't mention when the practices start but that may eventually appear on that site.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I thought SPring practice starts in 2-3 weeks. Having the Spring game that late in May ? Maybe its a mis-print. Maybe the game is in April. This is their last week of off season training, next week they max out and do their final times in speed drills, then they Start Spring ball the week after that.

indian17

I heard yesterday that first spring practice will start middle of April on a Saturday which will be a two a day practice . Spring game is at the end of May.

Indian03

100+ Posts
Spring Practice will begin Saturday, April 30. The Purple vs. White Spring Game will be on Friday, May 27th. Go to the football webpage on www.pngisd.org to view the complete spring practice schedule.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Chase Bertrand 2010 Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/user/OFFICIALPLAYERWATCH#p/u/11/AYeIagmNpSE

Trey Hollier 2010 Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/user/OFFICIALPLAYERWATCH#p/u/2/eks6BiYaBFg

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Nice video of Hollier. He played well last year and isn't afraid to hit somebody. He lays the wood. Its a shame he got hurt last year after playing so well when he got the opportunity. Our db's should be solid with him, Peveto,Romero and Sperl. Sperl took his knocks and went through some growing pains last season, but he definitely got better as the year progressed. Sperl and Hollier should be very solid at cb for us this year.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I heard that we are going to run a 3-4-4 on D again this year. I personally like the 4 man D line. Seems to get more pressure on a QB that way. Also leaves more room to blitz the linebackers. Opens up the blitzing lanes. Just my thoughts. Of course everything is subject to change. I also heard that the D coaches were all at a camp for the week at a major university in the SEC conf. Only a few more weeks for Spring Ball !

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Believe the D went to Florida and the O went to Ok State. From what I understand they get to observe spring practices, meetings, film sessions etc. This isn't just a "coaching clinic" as some people may believe. I like the 3-4. With so many teams spreading it out, it gives you more athletes in coverage and with all the different fronts Kroeker runs, he still has 4-3 and 50 looks at times. To be honest, half the time I can't tell what front we are in. He does a good job of disguising fronts and creating matchups in his blitz schemes. We have to make more plays on defense this year. We had kids in position last year but missed a lot of tackles, took bad angles and over ran too many plays. From what I have seen we have some kids that are going to make those plays this year. I can't wait for the spring to see who is gonna step up and earn their spots. Pngfan66...I heard Arvie is moving to D, have you heard or have any details?

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Coach Faircloth told the boys today that coach Krocker is taking a head coaching job somewhere and is leaving us. SAD but happy for him to move up to a head coaching job. Good luck Coach.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
pngfan66 said:
Coach Faircloth told the boys today that coach Krocker is taking a head coaching job somewhere and is leaving us. SAD but happy for him to move up to a head coaching job. Good luck Coach.

That means there is an opportunity for a good young coach, perhaps one already on the Indians' staff, to be our DC and create new wrinkles for success. When doors open for coaches to leave The Reservation, there are doors opening for those wanting to come here and have SUCCESS! Good luck and thanks to Coach Kroeker (sp?) and good luck to the DC Coach Faircloth chooses to lead our Indians. Get an aggressive minded young coach to energize, excite, and execute. A new coach will see the talent on the coaching staff and in the locker room with our young men coming through the system. Someone will want move up or we'll get a good one to come here. We will be just fine.

Go Indians. Peace.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I like Coach Cox. Here is a youtube video of him in the locker room after a JV game. Kids seem to love him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF-Rvn3bT5o

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores