Stadium Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NDNPARENT

i love the video!!!!!!!!!

but the kid rock gotta go.. not want ppl to think we are a bunch of rednecks!! lol..

NDN X

100+ Posts
does anyone know if the jumbotron will be working this week? Or will it only work when press box fully functional?

C O Wilson Bullpups

TheBoysMom said:
Since Cheermom isn't online right now, I'll post the updated video my son made. He had a few thoughts of his own, then talked to other students and members of the football team, and here's one idea they came up with. The Kid Rock music would play before they burst through the run-thru, and the video shown here would appear on the scoreboard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLWznhFpsqo

Outstanding Video

TheBoysMom

NDNPARENT said:
i love the video!!!!!!!!!

but the kid rock gotta go.. not want ppl to think we are a bunch of rednecks!! lol..

It's just my opinion, but I don't think people would consider us rednecks if we played Kid Rock anymore than they would consider us a bunch of metalheads if we played Metallica, or country hicks if we played Tim McGraw.

It's just the intro. to one song, for one game. I think it would be cool if they did something different at every game, to suit every taste, personally. There are plenty of talented students at PNGHS who are itching to help out on this project.

I also think the music played while the team warms up should be selected by the team, as long as it's appropriate to play at a school event. Music to suit our very diverse crowd could be played before and after this period.

There is room here to make everyone happy, and I just hope the "powers that be" will take this under advisement, and let us all work together to make our new stadium the showplace of our community.

Just my humble opinions.
wink.gif

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Creative video effort. But hopefully the 'Kid Rock' elements of society will never be endorsed or associated with a PNGISD event.

TheBoysMom

IndianFan said:
Creative video effort. But hopefully the 'Kid Rock' elements of society will never be endorsed or associated with a PNGISD event.

Do you have the same issue with the Metallica and AC/DC music that Nederland plays?

The Kid Rock music is just one song that the boys came up with and would like to use, but it's not a sticking point. I just wonder what musicians attract an "element of society" that would be considered acceptable?

What music and/or artists would you prefer?

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
TheBoysMom said:
IndianFan said:

Do you have the same issue with the Metallica and AC/DC music that Nederland plays?

The Kid Rock music is just one song that the boys came up with and would like to use, but it's not a sticking point. I just wonder what musicians attract an "element of society" that would be considered acceptable?

Ooo, I must be that "element of society" that likes Kid Rock. By the way, I have a private practice medical office; I hope that doesn't change any of my patient's opinion about me! :huh:

pngbax20

100+ Posts
I think everybody is overlooking that the players are the ones that picked out the song.if playing kid rock fires them up who are we to tell them no.Im not a crazy kid rock fan but if the players want it they should get to have it.every generation has dealt with the music,with the older generation not approving of the younger generations music.I think before the players get out there for warm ups you can play the country and everything the fans want.But as soon as the players get out on the field it should be their playlist end of story period.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNGIndianFan06 said:
TheBoysMom said:
IndianFan said:

Ooo, I must be that "element of society" that likes Kid Rock. By the way, I have a private practice medical office; I hope that doesn't change any of my patient's opinion about me! :huh:

'Element of society' refers to the white trash, booze and drug lifestyle that Robert 'Kid Rock' Ritchie personifies. If you see nothing wrong with that then yes, maybe it would change the minds of a few patients.

I have two teenage kids. Other parents, are you telling me you can't relate to that point?

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
PNGBax20 said:
I think everybody is overlooking that the players are the ones that picked out the song.if playing kid rock fires them up who are we to tell them no.Im not a crazy kid rock fan but if the players want it they should get to have it.every generation has dealt with the music,with the older generation not approving of the younger generations music.I think before the players get out there for warm ups you can play the country and everything the fans want.But as soon as the players get out on the field it should be their playlist end of story period.

I am with you all the way on this. I mean really I am sure our parents when we were younger didn't like the music we used to listen to and as a mother of 3 teenagers I do not like ALL the music my girls listen to either but I have suvived so far.

TheBoysMom

IndianFan said:
PNGIndianFan06 said:
TheBoysMom said:
IndianFan said:

'Element of society' refers to the white trash, booze and drug lifestyle that Robert 'Kid Rock' Ritchie personifies. If you see nothing wrong with that then yes, maybe it would change the minds of a few patients.

I have two teenage kids. Other parents, are you telling me you can't relate to that point?

I think we've seen this behavior in musicians from every genre of music, from country to rock and even, yes... Christian.

If we're going to let moral judgments factor in to what is and is not acceptable when it comes to music, we're going to end up with a very short playlist indeed. I wonder how the boys will feel about hearing the Osmonds blaring through the speakers? :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

As I said... my opinions only.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I read another thread similar to this on one of the college boards recently. There the discussion was why rap is not played during the pre-game. I agreed with one poster that bascially said "if music over a PA is required to inspire/fire-up an athlete before the game then something is wrong".

I don't recall any music being played before the games in the seasons of '75 and '99 or countless other successful Indian teams, and those guys did ok ;)

The Rock-A-Noos seem to do ok sans music as well, and with far fewer fans in their stands.

TheBoysMom

PNG NDN Fan said:
I read another thread similar to this on one of the college boards recently. There the discussion was why rap is not played during the pre-game. I agreed with one poster that bascially said "if music over a PA is required to inspire/fire-up an athlete before the game then something is wrong".

I don't recall any music being played before the games in the seasons of '75 and '99 or countless other successful Indian teams, and those guys did ok ;)

The Rock-A-Noos seem to do ok sans music as well, and with far fewer fans in their stands.

Perhaps it is true that no music is the way to go.

The kids are certainly somewhat envious of the music they hear at other high school games, such as Nederland, as it makes for a very dramatic entrance.

But yeah, they can do without.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
PNGIndianFan06 said:
TheBoysMom said:
IndianFan said:

I am sure that the group of men in AC/DC were very law abiding citizens back in the day - didn't stop us from listening to them, did it. Thier music being played at school dances...Not AC/DC but I can remember Hair of the Dog being played at CYO dances....

For that matter, George "No show" Jones was way to drunk to preform at many of his scheduled concerts - didn't want to pick on just Rock music...But people still loved him - I liked him...

What is all the fuss about Kid Rock? I am not a huge Kid Rock fan but I do like a few of his songs.

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
PNGIndianFan06 said:
TheBoysMom said:
IndianFan said:

Not saying I agree with his lifestyle, but isn't that stereotyping someone for the type of music they like. By the way, I like all types from Classical to Rock.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
I really think it is ALL about what the football players want as they are walking out of that field house and if they want Kid Rock then so be it. I mean it is not like that want Kid Rock blaring the whole time. What are we talking about to walk from the field house 5 mintues or less.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
That's it somebody go tell them to remove the speakers.if the powers to be and all the fans are going to fight over what music gets played at a high school football game their not worth it.because in the end either the fans are not going to be happy or the players are going to be let down again because they can't hear their music.its not like they're asking to play the unrated songs,let them have their time,because everybody on here knows it goes by way to fast let them enjoy these moments without us "adults" messing everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores