Stadium Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NDNPARENT

if th type of music is an issue then why not let the TALENTED kids write/play thier own song or intrumental , can be like a new tradition .... since cheorkee started the tradition for the band and all..let get the band/musician involved and come up with our OWN music!

pngbax20

100+ Posts
:rocks:(announcer) ladies and gentlemen a very special performance by the PNG band AC/DC's Thunderstruck :rocks:I hear it now.lol :band: :zzz:

VegasNDN

I have been reading this thread for several days now. I am floored that it is actually 3 pages long. If you really want to know the truth, these kids don't even hear the music. When they come out in pre-game, their entire focus is stretching and getting ready to play. The REAL fun happens once you go back in for the pep talk in the field house, walk out the door, and hear 8,000 fans screaming their butts off for YOU! If I could bottle that up and sell it, I'd build us a dome on campus for free. Just keep supporting these young men, stand and clap during Cherokee, and never leave early.

TheBoysMom

VegasNDN said:
I have been reading this thread for several days now. I am floored that it is actually 3 pages long. If you really want to know the truth, these kids don't even hear the music. When they come out in pre-game, their entire focus is stretching and getting ready to play. The REAL fun happens once you go back in for the pep talk in the field house, walk out the door, and hear 8,000 fans screaming their butts off for YOU! If I could bottle that up and sell it, I'd build us a dome on campus for free. Just keep supporting these young men, stand and clap during Cherokee, and never leave early.

I think it's terrific that a thread can continue for 3+ pages... it shows that we're a community who cares and can come together and express our opinions with a common goal in mind - creating the best possible experience for our team, because they deserve it.

I agree with much of the sentiment expressed here, but the fact is, several of these boys hang out at my house on a daily basis and I'm privy to a lot of conversation. I take what they say to heart and want to do my part to help to help the seniors, in particular, have an unforgettable season, particularly in light of how the past few weeks have been for them. Playing a minute and a half of a song of their choosing doesn't seem like much to ask, in my opinion.

Thanks everyone, for participating and offering your thoughts, this is how progress is made. Now, off to turn the game on!

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
VegasNDN said:

Amen. As I have said before, we have this beautiful multi million dollar stadium (that is truly the Jewel of the southeast) and people are blogging three pages about a 60 second intro??? Come on people, just show up, support the team, enjoy the pageantry, stand up for Cherokee, and yell for these boys who have worked their butts off for you to be able to hold your head high when bragging to your friends and neighbors that you are a true PN-G INDIAN! :cowboy:

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
Let the boys listen to what they want, its for them not us. If we keep pandering to some in our district, they'll be getting fired up to "Lawrence Welk" and his bubbles. :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
How about this for good intro music:

5.gif

ooops....I meant this:

4.gif

IndianKen

INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
In my opinion, there's many other things that are more important than the music over the loud speaker!! DID ANYONE SEE A FLAG RAISED WHILE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM WAS PLAYED??? I DIDN'T!! Whenever and wherever there is confusion, peoples temper usually flair up! There is so much tension in this world that it has effected everyone, everywhere. The Supremes said it best, "WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW, IS LOVE, SWEET LOVE" It appears that in todays world everyone thinks of only themselves. This ole world is doomed to fall, and it's gonna get pretty bad in days to come. The entire 24th chapter of Matthew readily explains a lot of things but look at verse 8. THESE ARE THE BIGGING OF SORROWS. PNG is noted for Pride and Tradition, so it would really be great if we all took Pride in loving our neighbor as ourselves. PNG is a great place to live, and it's made that way by the people who live there!
Love is contagious, share it, and it will grow! Love all of you! Indian Ken

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
IndianKen said:
In my opinion, there's many other things that are more important than the music over the loud speaker!! DID ANYONE SEE A FLAG RAISED WHILE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM WAS PLAYED??? I DIDN'T!! Whenever and wherever there is confusion, peoples temper usually flair up! There is so much tension in this world that it has effected everyone, everywhere. The Supremes said it best, "WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW, IS LOVE, SWEET LOVE" It appears that in todays world everyone thinks of only themselves. This ole world is doomed to fall, and it's gonna get pretty bad in days to come. The entire 24th chapter of Matthew readily explains a lot of things but look at verse 8. THESE ARE THE BIGGING OF SORROWS. PNG is noted for Pride and Tradition, so it would really be great if we all took Pride in loving our neighbor as ourselves. PNG is a great place to live, and it's made that way by the people who live there!

Since you mentioned the flags - those were locked up in someone's office and no one could get to them is the reason they were not flown. But when they are flown - we need to remember that the only other flag that is to be flown at the same height as the American Flag is the Texas Flag - do not raise the PNG flag to that height!!! That is also part of an American Tradition and Honor.

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
[/quote]

Since you mentioned the flags - those were locked up in someone's office and no one could get to them is the reason they were not flown. But when they are flown - we need to remember that the only other flag that is to be flown at the same height as the American Flag is the Texas Flag - do not raise the PNG flag to that height!!! That is also part of an American Tradition and Honor.
[/quote]

Agree, whoever installed the poles should have suggested that the pole for the PNG flag be significantly shorter.

NDN X

100+ Posts
I was wondering about the flags.....thought they might at least get them up 2nd half....but I see why now. Seems like that is something that they may want to consider locking in the coaches offices. We know the field house will be open! ;D

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
MightyNDNS said:
IndianKen said:

That is inexcusable...whoever was responsible for that should be severely reprimanded.

Here is some info on flag etiquette...it sounds to me as if the U.S. flag should ALWAYS be flown higher than any state flag, but I may have misread it.
Not being a native texan, I'd be interested in hearing some of the local's interpretation of this and whether this is urban legend or fact.

http://ushistory.org/flag

The Texas flag often is placed on a flagpole at the same height as the U.S. flag on its flagpole, and it’s sometimes said that Texas is the only state that can do this. The explanation given is that Texas—unlike other states—was a Republic when in entered the Union. A (licensed?) tour guide of the Texas capital city of Austin tells this on his tours.

It is an urban legend. All states can fly a state flag at the same height as the United States flag. However, if both flags are on the same flagpole, the U.S. flag code states that the United States flag must be on top.

This urban legend has been spread by word of mouth for many years, but started appearing on the internet by at least 1994 on lists such as “useless facts” and “Texas facts.”

Snopes - Urban Legends Reference Pages
High Flier
Claim: Federal law allows only the Texas state flag to be flown at the same height as the U.S. national flag.

Wikipedia: Flag of Texas
The flag of Texas is defined by law as follows:

“The state flag consists of a rectangle with a width to length ratio of two to three containing: (1) a blue vertical stripe one-third the entire length of the flag wide, and two equal horizontal stripes, the upper stripe white, the lower red, each two-thirds the entire length of the flag long; and (2) a white, regular five-pointed star in the center of the blue stripe, oriented so that one point faces upward, and of such a size that the diameter of a circle passing through the five points of the star is equal to three-fourths the width of the blue stripe. The red and blue of the state flag are the same colors used in the United States flag. ”

The flag is known as the “Lone Star Flag” (giving Texas its nickname of the “Lone Star State"). This flag was introduced to the Congress of the Republic of Texas on December 28, 1838, by Senator William H. Wharton. It was adopted on January 24, 1839 as the final national flag of the Republic of Texas.

When Texas became the 28th state of the Union on December 29, 1845, its national flag became the state flag. Texas law assigns the following symbolism to the colors of the Texas flag: blue stands for loyalty, white for purity, and red for bravery. The official Pantone shades for the Texas flag are 193 (red) and 281 (dark blue).
(...)
Urban legend
It is a common urban legend that the Texas flag is the only state flag that is allowed to fly at the same height as the U.S. flag. Allegedly, Texas has this right inherently (as a former independent nation) or because it negotiated special provisions when it joined the Union (this version has been stated as fact on a PBS website). However, the legend is false. Neither the Joint Resolution for Annexing Texas to the United States nor the Ordinance of Annexation contain any provisions regarding flags. According to the United States Flag Code, any state flag can be flown at the same height as the U.S. flag; the U.S. flag should be on its right (the viewer’s left), however. Consistent with the U.S. Flag Code, the Texas Flag Code specifies that the state flag should either be flown below the U.S. flag if on the same pole or at the same height as the U.S. flag if on separate poles.

IndianKen

INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
yankeedawg said:
MightyNDNS said:
IndianKen said:

That is inexcusable...whoever was responsible for that should be severely reprimanded.

Here is some info on flag etiquette...it sounds to me as if the U.S. flag should ALWAYS be flown higher than any state flag, but I may have misread it.

I AGREE WITH YOU YANKEEDAWG! THAT FLAG IS MOST IMPORTANT EVEN IF obama DOESN'T LIKE IT, A TRUE AMERICAN TRADITION! FLY THAT FLAG AND FLY IT HIGH!!

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
IndianKen said:

EXCELLENT post IndianKen. That is so true...today everything is centered around ME ME ME..instead, we should all be paying more attention to what is written in the Good Book...

No comment on the obama thing...that may very well cause me to get banned from your board... ;)

N

NDNPARENT

i do believe that the rules states that there should be no flags flown to the right of the U.S. flag.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
IndianKen said:
yankeedawg said:
MightyNDNS said:
IndianKen said:

I AGREE WITH YOU YANKEEDAWG! THAT FLAG IS MOST IMPORTANT EVEN IF obama DOESN'T LIKE IT, A TRUE AMERICAN TRADITION! FLY THAT FLAG AND FLY IT HIGH!!

Per the flag code the US Flag and State Flags may be flown at equal height. However, if flown on the same flagpole, the US Flag is first(the highest), then the state flag. I looked it up...

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

If the flag was not flown in the 10.2 million dollar stadium, the person responsible should be fired. As for the music, if the other thread is correct in which they witnessed a fight, maybe the theme for Rocky should be played. My gosh what is this world coming to, where are the values that we grew up with?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
[/quote

Indian Ken--I really take umbrage to that remark about Obama. Its bad enough that you "preach" the bible on here where all of us already know the bible, but to blatantly make an untrue statement about the man who is likely to be our next American president in definitely uncalled for. All of us have the right to vote for whomever we chose. Before you continue to judge, maybe you should read your bible which says "thou shall not judge." That was a VERY unchristian remark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores