Texas City @ PN-G

Torino

500+ Posts
In HS unless you win track meets regularly
I see very little reason to put a punt returner back except to fair catch and prevent rolls. But honestly I see very few catchable balls roll in HS (not saying never)
Especially with the rule changes (I believe early 2000s where every player can leave the LOS at the snap
To me the block in the back risk negates even the “roll” factor JMO
But, why few catchable balls? Are the kickers that much better?

Torino

500+ Posts
Bell ran for 133 and 4 TDs in the game last year.

TCYardsAvgLongTD

In the 2021 game the Indians offense moved the ball well and had a 35-21 halftime lead. A second half defensive collapse and inability to score was the difference in that game. Final score in overtime, TC 49, PN-G 42. Different year but both teams return a lot of the same starters. But the PNG defense is a different animal this season.

Regrettably, so is the offense.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
It’s because now for some reason (starting in early 2000s)
Where used to like a pass only the eligible receivers could leave the LOS UNTIL the ball was punted

Well that includes the punter and any protectors in the backfield (usually there are 3 now) so in the past that would make only 2 (split ends on the LOS) able to leave the LOS prior to the kick

NOW all players can start coverage at the snap. Which usually by the time a decent PRO punt hits the hands of the PR there are 3-5 players right in his face

Torino

500+ Posts
It’s because now for some reason (starting in early 2000s)
Where used to like a pass only the eligible receivers could leave the LOS UNTIL the ball was punted

Well that includes the punter and any protectors in the backfield (usually there are 3 now) so in the past that would make only 2 (split ends on the LOS) able to leave the LOS prior to the kick

NOW all players can start coverage at the snap. Which usually by the time a decent PRO punt hits the hands of the PR there are 3-5 players right in his face
Thanks.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Lets get em Indians. I am on T&A Graveyards for the entire football season at least until playoffs. Wishing our Indians the best.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The ST teams coach should resign. Another muffed punt. Why have any returners if they can't catch? Unbelievable.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores