Texas City @ PN-G

bandkid

Staff member
I heard Reed was injured in an ATV accident? May have to relearn to walk?

Take it with a grain of salt because it’s hearsay. I could very well be wrong.

1990NDN

Both middle linebackers we're out. Seth Landry and Nick Gardner. The kids that filled in did a great job but I can't help but think with the way Landry and Gardner have been playing that on the long runs they would have been there filling inside out. One thing is certain, our defense is aggressive and don't back down. They will hit you. They are a fun group to watch. Nice to see the intensity back with a PNG defense. They definitely have some swagger.

Landry will be back next week. Gardner is expecting to be back for Nederland.

HJJ97NDN

100+ Posts
Both middle linebackers we're out. Seth Landry and Nick Gardner. The kids that filled in did a great job but I can't help but think with the way Landry and Gardner have been playing that on the long runs they would have been there filling inside out. One thing is certain, our defense is aggressive and don't back down. They will hit you. They are a fun group to watch. Nice to see the intensity back with a PNG defense. They definitely have some swagger.

Landry will be back next week. Gardner is expecting to be back for Nederland.
Yeah I saw Gardner on crutches and I saw Landry on the sideline, but didn't see or hear what was wrong with him.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to Daucy Crizer for covering the game and recognizing the Indians.

Crizer used to be the sports information director for Lamar.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
3 TC players looked like they were ganged up trying to mug #48 Isaac Baker last night. Even ripped his helmet off. 15 yard penalty.

On one PAT a TC player kicked #65 in the head and was ejected.

TC had several penalties called against them for personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conduct. Glad to see the refs trying to stay on top of it.

What’s wrong with some of these teams?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
3 TC players looked like they were ganged up trying to mug #48 Isaac Baker last night. Even ripped his helmet off. 15 yard penalty.

On one PAT a TC player kicked #65 in the head and was ejected.

TC had several penalties called against them for personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conduct. Glad to see the refs trying to stay on top of it.

What’s wrong with some of these teams?
TC ALWAYS plays dirty, especially when they start getting whipped. The refs were on it though.

1990NDN

Can't mention pancakes without mentioning #74.

That kid is a beast and I've seen a few times this season where he can be downright nasty. His name escapes me but I believe he is a sophomore??

He had a play last night where he must have driven his block 15 yards off the ball and then just buried him!

100+ Posts
Coach Joseph was as mad as I've ever seen him so far, after the last time out on 4th down during the last minute of the game. He was very angry, but I didn't see what got him fired up.

As far as the two middle linebackers, they did a great job stepping up for Nick and Seth.

1990NDN

TC ALWAYS plays dirty, especially when they start getting whipped. The refs were on it though.
Nothing better than watching a dirty team get punched in the mouth. Our boys did a good job of keeping their composure and getting their paybacks in between the whistles. We had several big licks that seemed more like a response than your run of the mill tackles. Each one was more like "bring it on!"

snowbird

We tie up a few mistakes we are will be a good football team! Defense will put a hurting on the teams left on the schedule! Front 3 look like grown men on the field. Look like Dayton will be a test, I love the way Joseph stands by off by himself and let’s coaches coach till he is needed! The stigma of tough Png football is back!

Scalp’em

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
We tie up a few mistakes we are will be a good football team! Defense will put a hurting on the teams left on the schedule! Front 3 look like grown men on the field. Look like Dayton will be a test, I love the way Joseph stands by off by himself and let’s coaches coach till he is needed! The stigma of tough Png football is back!

Scalp’em
I thought TC would be our biggest remaining test after FBM, but now it looks like Dayton will be every bit as tough. Once again, I’m just glad we get ‘em at the reservation.

100+ Posts
When #28 dropped that 1st punt, came in and sat on the bench with his head down, my heart really went out to him. I wanted to jump down from the stands and go put my arm around him, but Coach Joseph beat me to it, he got #28 off the bench, had his arm around his shoulder, and got him back in the game. He didn't field anymore punts, but he stayed in the game. A whole lot of coaching is dealing with what's in those kids' heads. It really does affect their play. I just hope everyone gets well, the defense stays as aggressive as last night, and the offense get it together. If so, then we'll make a good run at the playoffs.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
When #28 dropped that 1st punt, came in and sat on the bench with his head down, my heart really went out to him. I wanted to jump down from the stands and go put my arm around him, but Coach Joseph beat me to it, he got #28 off the bench, had his arm around his shoulder, and got him back in the game. He didn't field anymore punts, but he stayed in the game. A whole lot of coaching is dealing with what's in those kids' heads. It really does affect their play. I just hope everyone gets well, the defense stays as aggressive as last night, and the offense get it together. If so, then we'll make a good run at the playoffs.
#28 is a good player. He was a starting DB his sophomore year and he’s just a junior this year. He had a great interception later in the game to stop a potential scoring drive. He has also caught a few passes as a receiver this season. All around good athlete.

100+ Posts
Thanks to Daucy Crizer for covering the game and recognizing the Indians.

Crizer used to be the sports information director for Lamar.
Appreciate this article. Where can you find the final game stats?

Also, is next week's game at Fort Bend at 1:00? Or in PN at 7:00. I've seen both times and places listed on various sites.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Can't mention pancakes without mentioning #74.

That kid is a beast and I've seen a few times this season where he can be downright nasty. His name escapes me but I believe he is a sophomore??

He had a play last night where he must have driven his block 15 yards off the ball and then just buried him!
#74 is Jackson Christian. 6’5” 290 SOPHOMORE

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores