Ticket Info for Brenham Game

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
afndn said:
Serious question for those who stayed all night. Does it bother you at all that by 11 or 12 there was no line with plenty of tickets left? Serious question.
Did you guys have fun out there?

I'm not trying to make fun... I live in Houston so I didn't have the option either way.

I have never had to camp out but my husband has and he always had a blast. I know that I want to trade some of my tickets and I will be camped out well in advance for that.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
Wow tickets are not even sold out yet and an ad is already up for tickets for sale.

http://www.southeasttexas.com/classifieds/classified_results.cfm?classified_code=tickets

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I think some people did what I did, and just bought the max allowed and decided to sale what they didn't need, maybe it will benefit some out of towners...I'll be selling mine to a PNG alumni that lives in Houston and can't get tickets! Whatever helps get INDIAN NATION out in full force!

N

NDNPARENT

afndn said:
Serious question for those who stayed all night. Does it bother you at all that by 11 or 12 there was no line with plenty of tickets left? Serious question.
Did you guys have fun out there?

I'm not trying to make fun... I live in Houston so I didn't have the option either way.

it did not bother me it was fun and enjoyable. it like going to church and having a fellowship with your fellow person!

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
squaw said:
Justafan-you hurt my feelings! :'( I've been in Houston all day with my sick husband and haven't been on here at all and now you're calling my name. :eek: I did contact a board member and found out that a new board member AND an old board member tried to get admin to sell to season ticket holders first and were told "it is too much trouble" by admin. I know you think I only support the new members (which I do as long as they do a good job), but I also support a couple of the old board members!! Again, I was told that all this ticket nonsense is decided by the administration. Anyway, be mad at Brenham's coach, not PNG. IMO, I think us season ticket holders should be able to buy tickets first but its out of my hands! I would love to meet and talk to you and you'd see I don't lie and am fair to ALL.
The coach can't be blamed about the stadium and the number of tickets. But sounds like the board can be blamed for the blunder about who gets tickets first. There are a lot of season ticket holders who have had their tickets for 30 - 40 yrs., through winning seasons and loosing seasons. For them to be treated this way could cost a board member to not be sitting in the same chair come election time.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
squaw said:
Justafan-you hurt my feelings! :'( I've been in Houston all day with my sick husband and haven't been on here at all and now you're calling my name. :eek: I did contact a board member and found out that a new board member AND an old board member tried to get admin to sell to season ticket holders first and were told "it is too much trouble" by admin. I know you think I only support the new members (which I do as long as they do a good job), but I also support a couple of the old board members!! Again, I was told that all this ticket nonsense is decided by the administration. Anyway, be mad at Brenham's coach, not PNG. IMO, I think us season ticket holders should be able to buy tickets first but its out of my hands! I would love to meet and talk to you and you'd see I don't lie and am fair to ALL.
The coach can't be blamed about the stadium and the number of tickets. But sounds like the board can be blamed for the blunder about who gets tickets first. There are a lot of season ticket holders who have had their tickets for 30 - 40 yrs., through winning seasons and loosing seasons. For them to be treated this way could cost a board member to not be sitting in the same chair come election time.

For the record, all the board does is (1) Hire/fire/evaluate the Superintendent, (2) set goals for the superintendent, (3) set the budget, (4) set school district policy, and (5) hear high level grievances and judge them based on school district policy. The board has absolutely no other influence on the school district. Unless the board has created a school district policy that states that this is the way tickets are sold, then there are no board members at fault in this. If there is a policy (please provide it here) then you have to look at when the policy was voted in place and question the board members that were in office that particular year.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDNfan#1 said:
I hate to beat a dead horse but I checked all of the playoff games for the state on TexasHSfootball and saw all the stadiums being used. There are no playoff games scheduled at Baytown Stallworth or Pasadena Memorial this weekend. This is all classifications and divisions maybe I am missing something, if I am let me know. But I think this really proves the theory about Brenham's coach wanting to limit the fan base.

Trust me on this one. You really don't know what you're talking about.

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
Yeah, the Board has "official duties" and then there is the "unofficial duties". A lot of behind the scenes action takes place. Believe me this is how it works.

akifan94

500+ Posts
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
squaw said:

There are still tickets so was there really a blunder?

Proud Band Mom

100+ Posts
Just a thought ........

Yesterday when I got in line around 7:30 a.m. for tickets, I had a blast. I stood with people I had never met before and, being Indians, we had a great time for 2 hours! Enjoyed seeing those who brought the fire pit, love seat, etc. Then we noticed something else. An older woman on a walker was standing in line. We didn't see her until she made the turn onto the sidewalk at the front of the building. She had been ahead of us and standing for at least several hours.

Can we please start a new tradition? Since we don't know the procedure for selling tickets and we have some wonderful, dedicated fans with disabilities, couldn't we as fans look at the ticket line and ask those with disabilities to move on up to the window first? I know we are all pressed for time and I realize time is precious. It wouldn't be a large number of people but what a difference it could make to them and what a great lesson for us all to remember. In our communities we have some of the very best people who probably didn't realize it happened either. Many of us go out of our way to help others and this would be one small way to just pay it forward.

I will admit I never turned and looked back in line to see if anyone else was there who had a disability and brought them up. I didn't think about the idea until last night because it really bothered me all day. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

Cozmo

Does anyone know if PNG fans will be able to walk up Friday nite to the brenham gate and buy a ticket on the brenham side? or will they turn you away?

png9mon

If GA tickets are being sold on Brenham side you cannot be refused a ticket sale!!!
It would be the same as any fan wanting to see the game walking up to buy a ticket!!!

Cozmo

png9mon said:
If GA tickets are being sold on Brenham side you cannot be refused a ticket sale!!!
It would be the same as any fan wanting to see the game walking up to buy a ticket!!!

I say all the NDN fans that dont have a ticket on our side go to the brenham side and FILL IT UP with NDNS :woohoo:

png9mon

The only problem I see is if Brenham does not notify Aldina as to the number of tickets they have pre-sold. Then Aldine may not wish to sell tickets at the gate not knowing the number that they could sell on game night. Especially if the seating will be limited due to rain causing no SRO tickets to be sold.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores