Vidor Game LIVE UPDATES

tribesman

100+ Posts
quote author=pngbax20 link=topic=309.msg4181#msg4181 date=1224601723]
prepballfan said:
pngbax20 said:
That's what the scout team practices are for ... for the QB to learn what defenses the next week opponent is going to be in. the Offensive Coordinator and QB coach should be showing him where to throw the ball during this drill, or what he should see during game time. NOW whether the player chooses to follow this or not during the game, is up to the player. this is where they learn their progression. not every QB is as gifted as Dustin Long. things you can't teach a QB are instinct and pocket presence. that's what makes BS like Dustin so unique. IT still boils down to how the players perform during the game.

You are right on this one. We may never have another QB like D-Long. I hope we do but he was exceptionally gifted. Now that said would you agree that a QB coach with QB experience would help a good talent like TATUM or a good OC like Long was who understands the dynamics of the passing game would also help our present QB some one who could utilize his talents. I think we can move on to great things with coach Burnett but I believe a new OC and QB coach would help a bunch.
it wouldn't hurt to have someone with that kind of experience,and knowledge of defensive packages.But it still boils down to execution and if the player does what he is taught.i haven't been to any practices and i dont know what they are showing them when the run against the scout team.But its hard to do anything when you turn the ball over so much.
[/quote]

This goes back to what I've been talking about. We have really good coaches that are coaching the WRONG positions. We HAVE a former high school QB who played under Ronnie Thompson at TJ, (Coach Brevell), coaching at the junior high and sitting in the press box. Coach Welch is a fantastic O-Line coach. Coach Wallace was a defensive back. The list goes on and on .......

PNGfan

100+ Posts
pngbax20 said:
allstarmom said:
pngbax20 said:
I don't think we have the problem with having to worry about kids and life on the "streets",or at least I would hope we don't have those problems at PNG.But its a real shame if anybody is making the kids only pick one sport.

:huh: Are you kidding??? You can't honestly believe that we don't have the same problems that every other town in America has!?!

Oh i forgot that the gangs run the school now and we have sooo much violence dealing with drugs and other problems large cities deal with. :sorry: i guess i overlooked that when i went there.give me a break we dont have that much to worry about in this small town. i was talking about what large cities face when their kids dont have something else to turn to.Last time i checked we didnt have drivebys or anything like that.

There's more than what you think or know going on believe me.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
PNGfan said:
pngbax20 said:
allstarmom said:
pngbax20 said:
I don't think we have the problem with having to worry about kids and life on the "streets",or at least I would hope we don't have those problems at PNG.But its a real shame if anybody is making the kids only pick one sport.

:huh: Are you kidding??? You can't honestly believe that we don't have the same problems that every other town in America has!?!

Oh i forgot that the gangs run the school now and we have sooo much violence dealing with drugs and other problems large cities deal with. :sorry: i guess i overlooked that when i went there.give me a break we dont have that much to worry about in this small town. i was talking about what large cities face when their kids dont have something else to turn to.Last time i checked we didnt have drivebys or anything like that.

There's more than what you think or know going on believe me.
Im not saying there wasnt anything going on but its not as bad as the inner city schools.mostly i was saying it as a joke.

Oldschool

Oh goodness yes Port Neches and Groves streets are running wild with all sorts of crime and filth...give me a break. :crazy:
When I played ball in High School the coaches were adamant about how I should not have been playing soccer. Me playing soccer was ridiculous in their eyes and I constantly received harassment about my involvement. I went through off-season like every-other player, but playing soccer AFTER school was out of the question. Coach Sandell is not telling the soccer players not to kick for the team. Coach Burnett is not too kind with multi sport players...you were supposed to play football, do track & field, and powerlift...god forbid you play another sport though. Seems like they want the players to give it all, but week in and week out they aren't pulling their own weight. Progression is something key for a quarterback to be successful, locking in causes interceptions like the ones against Livingston. Dback are supposed to read your QB's eyes and locking in makes their job easier.

Everyone is probably doing this :thud: after my comments
Sorry but that my two cents

Oldschool :eek:ld:

pngbax20

100+ Posts
Ok so I can understand MB being against a kid playing soccer during football season if it interfers with football practice.because that goes against the committment the player gave when joining the team.I never had MB say anything to me or any of the other guys that played basketball,baseball,or ran track.

pncoach

Keith Wauguspack maybe had as many points as a kicker as Ron McGill did as a tailback. We had another kicker during the 91 & 92 season first name was Mark, who put up a lot of points. Maybe some of you youngsters who graduated around that time will help with his last name. I would say that a good kicker is worth two games in a 10 game season, maybe more. :zzz:

allstarmom

100+ Posts
Penny said:
Mark Gassen, great kicker in 91/92

Mark Gassen is a coach at PNMS and so therefore is involved to some extent with football at the HS. Don't know if he is a scout or if he is on the sidelines.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Here is what I think is getting overlooked. The term "off the streets" might not be literal. Its not the football is taking kids in PNG off the streets, but it is keeping them "off the streets." When I say this, I'm saying that football gives students something to do besides spending their time idly. When kids spend their time doing unproductive things, bad results are more likely to happen. Keeping students engaged can only be a positive thing. Thats what I meant by my comment.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
NDNTime said:
Here is what I think is getting overlooked. The term "off the streets" might not be literal. Its not the football is taking kids in PNG off the streets, but it is keeping them "off the streets." When I say this, I'm saying that football gives students something to do besides spending their time idly. When kids spend their time doing unproductive things, bad results are more likely to happen. Keeping students engaged can only be a positive thing. Thats what I meant by my comment.

I was just goofing around with that comment but some people took it literal.Afterschool activities are always important.I think somebody already memtioned it on here,but its not all about the winning and losing but the life lessons the players learn from the coachs.They are instilling more then just football over there.And as long as they can do that they are doing their job.Winning helps but you can teach more from a loss then a win.I think it speaks a ton about our district that there isn't a undefeated team left. I wish we were on the higher end of the district but sometimes you just can't caught a break.Now they have 3 games left its up to the player to turn this thing around and leave it all out on the field,and if they do that they are winners in my book.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores