Will the 12th. Indian play 4 quarters in the Brenham game?

ndn2006

I usually sit around high school students, my sister is a leader at younglife, and they stand the entire game. We only sat down at halftime and it didn't last long. The students have a lot of spirit and I think that is awesome. As long as the players, band, twirlers, indianettes, and all students have fun and are proud of themselves that's all that really matters. We always have a large crowd, maybe not as loud as we would like to be but we always show up and support. I'm proud to be an indian and wouldn't change it for anything. I'm proud of our boys, not matter what the outcome this week they have had a great year and should be proud of themselves no matter what happens.

Good luck guys!!!

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Former NDNette said:
I sat in the lower section of the stadium and the fans around me were very vocal and on their feet alot of the game. As for the players begging for fan support, the boys always raise their hands for more cheering. I had very little voice on Saturday and I hope that continues!!

SORRY! I was probably one of those people standing up in front of you. Well, when I stood up, PNG Proud had to stand up so he could see, and then it just trickled back from there (but I'm pretty sure PNG Proud didn't mind standing up).

On a lighter note, why is everyone getting so touchy over this? Why don't we just take the "12th Man" from the Seattle Seahawks so no Longhorn fans get offended?? LOL

NDN06

100+ Posts
I agree that the fans play an important role in the game. If the people around you are quite, try standing and cheering and they'll probably join you (maybe they're shy?). I know at the Central game I was yelling my head off the entire game (not just the end) people kept looking at me like I was a nut, but guess what... It didn't take long for them to join in and I really believe the fans were the reason we won that game, We never quit! At the BH game this week, we were sititng close to the field and the 50 and it was loud ( I don't know if it was everyone else or if i just couldn't hear over our own group). I think that cheering is contagious, so no matter where you are or who's around yell LOUD and people will join in!!!!!

:woot: :shout: :party: :band: :woot:

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
NDN06 said:
I agree that the fans play an important role in the game. If the people around you are quite, try standing and cheering and they'll probably join you (maybe they're shy?). I know at the Central game I was yelling my head off the entire game (not just the end) people kept looking at me like I was a nut, but guess what... It didn't take long for them to join in and I really believe the fans were the reason we won that game, We never quit! At the BH game this week, we were sititng close to the field and the 50 and it was loud ( I don't know if it was everyone else or if i just couldn't hear over our own group). I think that cheering is contagious, so no matter where you are or who's around yell LOUD and people will join in!!!!!

:woot: :shout: :party: :band: :woot:

The spirit needs to be infectious. I would just like for more of the INDIAN NATION to get the disease. I can tell you that you are not nuts. You are right about the Central game. We all wanted the out right district championship. The players did their part and so did the fans. I fully believe that Central was over confident otherwise they would have went for the field goal instead of going for the touch down in the OT. Our fans were awesome and I can't help but believe the fans contributed to the win. The coaches are going to expect the players to step it up a notch for this game. And the fans need to step it up a notch from the BH game. I just want to see the same level of enthusiasm from the fans this week against Brenham as was the case in the Central game.

By the way, if any of you fans who cheer the whole game are feeling alone in your little groups, come on up the top at the 50 and join us. I can promise you, we relieve a lot of life's stresses, have a good time and there is volume in numbers.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDNTime said:
On a lighter note, why is everyone getting so touchy over this? Why don't we just take the "12th Man" from the Seattle Seahawks so no Longhorn fans get offended?? LOL

Discussing UT and A&M is like a religious debate for many. ;D

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I like Indian Nation ! I sat below you guys at the BH game. The ladies up top. I think I stood up 90 % of the game. I sat down a few times to let the old knees get a rest. Why don't we see if we can get the cheerleaders up on the second level walking area, some of em, and lead the cheers too. ? Or why not have some of the fans with big megaphones doing the same thing. I know that if you sit on the ends of any stadium its hard to hear whats going on in the middle or the other end. I know the BH game alot of the fans were flat, but I have to think that maybe some folks were being alittle conservative. don't know why. I have a feeling the game with Brenham is going to be different, more like the loudness of the Central or mcm games. The fans will get more involved just don't try to push some folks or it could back fire on ya. Not me though I'm ready to go yell some more, may not hear it well, still raspy ! On a side note, great job ladies ! Love your spirit. My wife is from LCM and yells and jumps and hollers and high fives for the INDIANS at every game. he he she got the PNG spirit disease !!!! love you Baby !!! She reads all the post !

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
NDNtime, I was 2 rows behind PNG Proud. You weren't the reason I was standing up, I do that anyway. LOL Actually PNG Proud told me who you were, I was already in my seats when ya'll were getting to yours. LOL I'm one of those that were at the gate early waiting to get in. I was happy that they did open the gates 15 minutes early.

cajuncop426

I grew up in Vidor and played ball for the Vidor High Pirates. My son, #9 Cody Ross is an INDIAN and I am INDIAN Proud. There is no fans like the INDIAN NATION. My son told me before the season started that when he was in kindergarten that all he ever dream about was ONE DAY to run the football for the PN-G INDIANS. He is living his dream and I am one PROUD INDIAN DAD from VIDOR that yells, sings along with Cherokee and cries everytime he or his buddy Caleb touch that football. That is Honor Pride and Tradition

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

afndn

cajuncop426 said:
I grew up in Vidor and played ball for the Vidor High Pirates. My son, #9 Cody Ross is an INDIAN and I am INDIAN Proud. There is no fans like the INDIAN NATION. My son told me before the season started that when he was in kindergarten that all he ever dream about was ONE DAY to run the football for the PN-G INDIANS. He is living his dream and I am one PROUD INDIAN DAD from VIDOR that yells, sings along with Cherokee and cries everytime he or his buddy Caleb touch that football. That is Honor Pride and Tradition

Your son is a certified bad ass. And fast as can be. :helmet:

ndn78

100+ Posts
Just show up! Stand if you want, sit if you want just show up. I dont care if they sit there and never say a word, maybe that's how they are. Enjoy the game how you want and let others enjoy it how they want.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Former NDNette said:
I sat in the lower section of the stadium and the fans around me were very vocal and on their feet alot of the game.

Oh yeah??? Well, I would have stood more, if that mean, ugly guy sitting near you wouldn't have hollered at me "SIT DOWN IN FRONT!" LOL

cajuncop426

Thanks afndn. I am very proud of him, and all of the INDIANS. A lot of them I have known for years and think of them as my own kids.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
cajuncop426 said:

We don't care where you come from as long as you catch the craze as soon as possible after you get here. Sounds like you got it and the purple pride for you son overwhelms you when you see him and his buddy playing. That's what I call a member of the INDIAN NATION. The boys are doing you proud Dad.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
Former NDNette said:
I sat in the lower section of the stadium and the fans around me were very vocal and on their feet alot of the game.

Oh yeah??? Well, I would have stood more, if that mean, ugly guy sitting near you wouldn't have hollered at me "SIT DOWN IN FRONT!" LOL
Come on up to the top if your legs will allow it. We stand up the almost the whole game and no body is gonna say "Down in front".

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I love "Indian Nation" in reference to PN-G fans, I had thought about "The Tribe"...or "Cherokee People", but Indian Nation has better ring to it IMO...Now, I really wish we could play "Cherokee People" before the games, as our fans are filing in when we are the Home team...they always play it on the radio a lot when we are doing well in the playoffs, just wish they would use it at the games instead of some the other stuff they've been playing ::)!

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
I love "Indian Nation" in reference to PN-G fans, I had thought about "The Tribe"...or "Cherokee People", but Indian Nation has better ring to it IMO...Now, I really wish we could play "Cherokee People" before the games, as our fans are filing in when we are the Home team...they always play it on the radio a lot when we are doing well in the playoffs, just wish they would use it at the games instead of some the other stuff they've been playing ::)!
Sounds like a great idea to me. You might need to talk to the Chief of the Tribe about that. He can probably get most anything done with the stroke of feather with an 11 - 0 record.

pngfan30

if you dont wont to stand up and cheer the whole game at least do it while our opponent is on offense, with the spread offense which most of our opponents are running if they cant hear it is a great distraction for the offense

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
pngfan30 said:
if you dont wont to stand up and cheer the whole game at least do it while our opponent is on offense, with the spread offense which most of our opponents are running if they cant hear it is a great distraction for the offense
You are absolutely correct, if the opponents can't hear, it's a distraction. Thing about it is, their defense doesn't need to hear our quarterback calling the signal either. Our team is used to the noise. Some other schools aren't. The INDIAN NATION needs to give our team every advantage they can against Brenham. The fans with their voices and noise makers for 4 quarters and the band playing Cherokee nonstop should get to their team after a while. :clap: :woohoo: :shout: :band: :band: :band:

bandkid

Staff member
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
pngfan30 said:
You are absolutely correct, if the opponents can't hear, it's a distraction. Thing about it is, their defense doesn't need to hear our quarterback calling the signal either. Our team is used to the noise. Some other schools aren't. The INDIAN NATION needs to give our team every advantage they can against Brenham. The fans with their voices and noise makers for 4 quarters and the band playing Cherokee nonstop should get to their team after a while. :clap: :woohoo: :shout: :band: :band: :band:

I would only do it when we're on offense. This coach has pulled one stunt that's going to backfire on him big time. He may be willing to pull every dirty trick out of the book. Coaches have the right to ask the referees to assign a penalty if the opposing band plays while they're on offense. I've never seen it happen, but if I were to pick any one coach to pull something that classless, it sounds like this guy would have my vote. We should stick to the routine: long Cherokee on the run through, at the end of each quarter, after the extra point, during halftime, and after we win; short Cherokee when we get a first down or force the Cubs into a fourth down. The last thing I want is for a PN-G playoff run to evaporate because we (the band) wanted to support the team.

However, I don't believe he can ask for a penalty because of a rowdy crowd.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores