WILLIS WINS

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Justafan said:
Well I have no problem being visitors. I believe in karma and we have won 2 games in a row at the Butch being the visitor!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I actually would prefer that we ARE visitors; it just was not what I was told last night. I was actually surprised because I had heard that Coach would have rather been visitors. Heck, we can all sit on the "Hills" surrounding the endzone. I don't care where I sit as long as I can see us win another one.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
with 2 trips to the Butch and 2 wins as vistiors, maybe Coach wants to be visitors ::)

What happened to us playing at Lamar?
Lamar plays at home Saturday night. I believe Lamar was for a home and home flip vs playing at Sam Houston on Friday only. Of course, everything has changed numerous times during the week. From what I understand, if Mag West would have won, we had settled on Stallworth on Friday night as a neutral site. That would have kept fans from traveling to Huntsville on a Friday night. Don't know the details, but I am guessing that Willis probably used SH as their choice on the flip. If we flipped the Rez vs Willis home field, their stadium would probably be too small....I figure that's why we went with The Butch.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Your welcome. I am sure Coach Faircloth is glad to have this settled. On top of getting our Indians ready for a playoff game, he has been playing musical football stadiums all week.

NDN79

500+ Posts
The farther we get in the play-offs, the less oteams will be involved, and the easier it will be to secure a large capacity stadium for all of our fans. Ultimately ending in the largest stadium of all--Dallas Cowboys Stadium! :) What a treat that would be. I had the oppurtunity to watch a high school game there this year--it was an amazing experience. I'm not getting ahead of myself, 1 game at a time--what a great reward in the end for the last 2 teams standing!!

mdog

Willis stadium holds 4500 and it has grass. Coach said in the past, he wou[d only play on turf.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
This is what is now on the PNGISD web site:

Playoffs 2010
The PNG Indians are in the playoffs! They defeated Barbers Hill on Friday, November 12 in the bi-district round and their next opponent is Willis. The details for the Area Playoff game are below.

Game: PNG vs. Willis
Date: Saturday, November 20
Time: 7:00PM
Location: Carol A. "Butch" Thomas Educational Support Center - Beaumont, TX

Driving Directions
-Take Hwy 69 to Beaumont
-Take the Fannett Road Exit
-Turn left on Fannett Road
-Travel down Fannett Road and the visitors' parking entrance will be on the right.

Click the link below to view the 2010 4A Division 2 Playoff Bracket: www2.uil.utexas.edu/brackets/football/4A_Division2.pdf

So since the directions mentioned the visitors' parking entrance, I guess we will be the visitors.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
all i can say is we will OWN the butch like we did the dome! We keep winning at the butch , they will have to renamed it PNGISD stadium!!!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
OK, y'all, I made a phone call and this is what he said "our coach won the flip and we were supposed to be on the home side, however BF wanted to be visitors and it was changed to us being on the visitor side". This explains the confusion. It WAS on the home side but BF had it changed. I'm glad as we've sat there two games and won and I admit I am superstitious. I have to wash clothes every week after the game because I wear the same exact clothing each week. Did that the year we won state (75) so guess I won't change now.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores