2011 Indians

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
Can't wait for 2011! Next years team will have a personality all it's own! I thought the kicker that stepped in during the playoffs did an excellent job.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
OK here goes I spoke with one of our coaches the other day at the school. He told me that we should see a pretty solid linebacking core. Our defense will be a different personallity. Expect better things next season. We should not miss a beat with a solid group comming through the JV squad. There is a strong rumor of one or two transferres. Good Luck Indians HOKA-A-HEY

pngfan66

500+ Posts
The D next year should be better than this years. They all need to work out hard, get stronger and faster. The D next year will have some size and alot of speed. That should help us on the outside alot. The JV players coming up have matured alot since their Freshmen season and the JV record proved it. Can't wait to see how much the kids grow over the next year. We should have some monsters on both sides of the ball this year again !

90NDN

500+ Posts
Where are the transfers rumored to be coming from and did they play as soph or junior's as the varsity level?

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Coach Faircloth had a large sand pit put in by the score board. My son its so that during off season they can work even harder. Said they will do their pro shuttle work in it, leap frogs etc to strengthen their legs even more. Heavy off season starts when school resumes in January. Right now they are maxing out on weights and timing in the 40 etc. So Coach added another workout regime for our boys. My guess is the sand will help them to learn to explode harder which will help on the field. Running in sand is like running in wet concrete at times.

bark

1,000+ Posts
The district I teach in has a sand area to do various shuttle runs etc... They also do a lot of tire throwing and harness work. Our QB throws passes daily on his knees for upper body/arm strength. I'm sure BF know/does many of these techniques, he really impresses me with his PR skills and the way the players seem to respect him.

PNGALWAYS

Colt. One of my all-time favorites. Unfortunately, however, he will be playing for the Cleveland Browns next year!!!!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
My son was telling me yesterday that alot of boys who haven't played football over the last couple years have joined the ranks. They started this last Monday on off season with the rest of the team. He didn't give me any specifics on size or what possible positions they would fit in at. I would say with the new regime in place now and the attitude coming out from the coaches (good) the interest is only picking up steam. It wouldn't surprise me to see transfers coming in over the remainder of the year and throughout the Summer. Glad to see that the kids at school are wanting to play for BF !

bark

1,000+ Posts
bigger numbers can only help-and that's great news. I agree we will hopefully see many transfers with the homes up for sale in PN (maybe Groves too, I live in PN). The OL (Langouis?) on Merriman house is up for sale and the one next door that Weber lived in is up too, hopfully they will have a house full of ball players!
Anyone heard anymore on Kroekers status? I know he did not get the Jasper job but the year is still way early.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Chances are that he applied to lots of other openings. I have to be selfish, but I would love him to stay here for a while longer !

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Me too, but the more success PNG has, the more attractive all of the coaches will be to other schools. I remember after we won state in 75', our coaching staff took a pretty big hit. You certainly can't blame the asst. coaches for wanted to be the big chief.

bark

1,000+ Posts
I agree, I would hate to see him go but these days good young coordinators seem to be getting head coaching jobs unlike the old days of 10-15 years as an asst. The Jasper HC was only 29, 6/7 years exp. at the most. What BC was 32 or so. Burnett must have been around 37.

Proud Band Mom

100+ Posts
When we went to walk at the track tonight it was closed. I understand it was due to vandalism. That's awful!

Does anyone know if that's true and if so, what happened?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores