2011 Indians

pngfan66

500+ Posts
My son says the motto for this off season is "PNG FOOTBALL. There is no off season" My son even has a t-shirt that says it !

gpwildcat

Gregory-Portland has hired Matt Anastascio as AD/HC. Coach Anastasio comes to us from Austin Westlake where he was DC, Prior to that he was DC at Permian, where he worked with your Coach Faircloth! Small world!

GO CATS!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Miller more than likely at QB. I think we may see some competition at the RB position between Bertrand and Arvey. Our question mark will be the remaining 2 positions on the O line. As far as the O goes, I think with Miller you will have a QB with a running game. Receivers, thats easy, Nelson and several others coming up from the JV. Our D I feel may be better than last years overall. Numerous returners with playoff experience. We are gonna have some very athletic quick and fast players on the D line and at the linebacker spots. I look for our D next year to be a solid core. I feel good about next years team. I will give more insight when I hear more. Sorry to be some simplistic.

NDN4EVA

Well, I believe we will see Miller at the starting position for QB. I didn't get to see too many JV games, but seeing in the offseason from last year. I don't think Arvy has what Bertrand has. Bertrand is way smarter. No offense to Arvy, but I think he will be in the WB position next year. I believe Nelson is going to be a big threat again next year seeing what he has done this year, I think there is going to be a lot of speed in this position next year with some of the JV players from last year. I think we learned a lot from this year on Defense. I think the defense needs a lot of work. Yes they have some playoff experience, but I don't like the playoff experience they got by giving up so many points. They will get a lot of work in and I believe the defense will be totally different next year. We will not have the size up front like we did last year on the defense, but I believe it will be a lot faster. As for the offense line, I believe we will be pretty good there with 2 with a good amount of playing time last year 1 being a starter and one being on 2nd string. All in all, I belive they will have the will power to go to the playoffs once more.

NDNThunder

They always go on sale in mid July. People with season tickets are notified that it's time to renew. When the deadline for renewal has passed, those people with season tickets who want to trade their seats get a day to do so...a Monday. On Tues., the remaining season tickets go on sale to the public. That will probably be around July 19th this year. You can call the ticket office at the administration building to find out the exact day.

badndn

500+ Posts
PNGALWAYS said:
What do we know about Miller as a passing quarterback? Any statistics?
As a Sophomore on JV in 2009 he had Nalson and Lacour at WR with Bertrand at TB. Millerwas effective with his arm, as he helped lead that team to a 10-0 season, but the backbone for that team was the ground game, which he was a part of. He can trow the ball. Compared to most QB's we have seen the past 10 years at PNG he will be a little above average with is arm, but he does not have the zip that Doty had. I would be shocked if Nelson duplicates his 2010 numbers.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PN-G seems to have a Long/Doty type of QB every decade or so. It will be very difficult for Miller to achieve that same level of success.

But if he's a strong runner and above average passer, then he'll be excellent in his own way.

Torino

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
PN-G seems to have a Long/Doty type of QB every decade or so. It will be very difficult for Miller to achieve that same level of success.

But if he's a strong runner and above average passer, then he'll be excellent in his own way.

Straight Arrow I

I am hoping, with the ability that Coach Faircloth has at creating great quarterbacks, I am sure we will see another great one with the ability to run if needed. We even may have an added wrinkle to our offence.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I see our O this coming season being a 50/50 split with running and passing. More balanced than last years. Miller at the helm I see a QB that can tuck the ball and run more effectively than Doty. This adds another dimension all together to the O next year. It will be more difficult for opposing D's to contend with our O ! Looks like another great interesting season ahead of us. Come this Spring with Spring football we will be able to get an Idea of what to expect next season.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Straight Arrow I said:
I am hoping, with the ability that Coach Faircloth has at creating great quarterbacks, I am sure we will see another great one with the ability to run if needed. We even may have an added wrinkle to our offence.

Remember that Faircloth busted passing records for something like 3 consecutive years with different qbs every year at Permian. What y'all witnessed on JV should be nothing more than a glimpse of the unfinished product. You will see the finished product on varsity. The same applies to rbs as well.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Chase Bertrand 2010 Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/user/OFFICIALPLAYERWATCH#p/u/11/AYeIagmNpSE

Trey Hollier 2010 Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/user/OFFICIALPLAYERWATCH#p/u/2/eks6BiYaBFg

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Was at the stadium after school today and saw one of our players, assume our kicker, kicking 30-40 yard field goals !

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Hopefully Faircloth and his staff can develop Miller as a passer, as well as capitalize on his running ability. A good passing game is pretty much a necessity to have much success in the playoffs nowadays, and it is also necessary to make Faircloth's style of offense work well. Given Faircloth's track record with offensive production, I am optimistic.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores