5A DII State Championship Game

90NDN

500+ Posts
To many big plays and timely bad calls..should have been 17-5 @ the half....but offense was bad 2nd half...couldn't throw and run wasn't there either.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Too many mistakes. Not enough adjustments on offense. Stopped the run cold for the most part but could’t get enough pressure on the QB to stop the pass (IMO that’s the only way we good have stopped it with the quality of receivers they have). That’s about it. Still a great season. Number 2 spot in the state is nothing for either the team or the coaching staff to hang their heads about. Hopefully the beginning of a run like the 70s

Watchful

I lived in Silsbee for seven years and got to attend two PNG games during that time. It was an amazing experience. Years later, I was in Houston when PNG played in the state final in the Dome. Loudest Dome crowd I ever heard when PNG scored in the third quarter (I think it was) to try to engineer a comeback. I was living several hours away when I brought a friend to PNG so he could experience it once.

Congrats to you guys. You represented well against a tough Dallas team.

I live in Virginia now, and amazingly ALL of the 12 state final games are on the cable system I have. Last night is the one I really wanted to see, though it would have been even better to have been there in person.

You all already know it - but you truly have something special. Heads held high!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Great effort by the Indians. Great season. They just shot themselves in the foot a few times too many. 11 points of Christmas gifts to SOC. But despite being on the short end of points, PN-G was the clear victor on a number of fronts. Proud of the PN-G Indians. Players, coaches, band, fans, and all. You showed up and played with class and gave a team supposedly dominant all they could handle, and then some. Thank you for a wonderful season.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Great effort by the Indians. Great season. They just shot themselves in the foot a few times too many. 11 points of Christmas gifts to SOC. But despite being on the short end of points, PN-G was the clear victor on a number of fronts. Proud of the PN-G Indians. Players, coaches, band, fans, and all. You showed up and played with class and gave a team supposedly dominant all they could handle, and then some. Thank you for a wonderful season.
The first safety changed the momentum. We cannot continue with the QB on his back and receivers 30 yards down the field. We’ve got to develop a short pass game during the off-season. That safety changed the game and gave them field position the rest of game. SOC picked on the one corner all game and we never gave him help. The long pass the start of 2nd half the CB completed miss read the pass and stopped. Need to really work off coverage fundamentals during off season. We’ve got to stop chasing receivers and play the ball.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
The first safety changed the momentum. We cannot continue with the QB on his back and receivers 30 yards down the field. We’ve got to develop a short pass game during the off-season. That safety changed the game and gave them field position the rest of game. SOC picked on the one corner all game and we never gave him help. The long pass the start of 2nd half the CB completed miss read the pass and stopped. Need to really work off coverage fundamentals during off season. We’ve got to stop chasing receivers and play the ball.
My biggest complaint about the offense all year long has been that they practically never threw short passes. Never could understand it, especially when we have receivers and backs so capable of YAC. I never noticed it before (probably because we never faced a defense as good as SOC), but an additional complaint about the offense in this game would be that it was too predictable. In the second half, it mostly consisted of two runs up the middle followed by a relatively slow developing pass on third and long.

With regard to the pass defense, there were clearly some busted assignments and we could have probably also afforded some safety help for the CBs. However, there were also situations where the coverage was pretty good and their receivers caught passes they seemed to have no business catching. It seemed like their QB did not even need to be that accurate because anything in the general vicinity of the receiver would be caught. I think the only way we could have really slowed down their passing game would be to put more pressure on the QB.

Despite all these things, I still like our chances if we don’t give them 11 points. I felt all along that we would need to play mistake free to get the W, and I think we would have probably won if we had done so.

Overall, I think we have a lot to be proud of regarding this season and not much to complain about.

Last edited:

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Great season by the boys out there. One thing that popped in my head while I was trying to sleep was the dropped INT that we ALMOST had. Super tough play but would have likely been our own pick six in the 1st half and would have completely changed the game.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
looks like a good offense next yr but not sure what kind of defense they gonna have
Plugging in 2022 starters or players with significant playing time indicated with *
This does not account for top underclassmen such as QB Connor Bailey.

QB *Shea Adams
RB *Isaiah Nguyen/Isaac Sinette/Blair Chatagnier
HB
C
G
G *Mario Miguel
T Dillan Romero
T *Jackson Christian
TE
WR Noah Washington
WR *London Nunley

NG *Jonathan Hernandez
T *Jacob Cabrera
T Andres Fuentes
LB *Dylan Talbert
LB Mason Wuenschel
LB *Isaac Uriostegui
LB *Sean Gardiner
CB
CB *Reid Richard
S *Kameron Droddy
S

rodney12345678

100+ Posts
Plugging in 2022 starters or players with significant playing time indicated with *

QB *Shea Adams
HB
C
G
G *Mario Miguel
T Dillan Romero
T *Jackson Christian
TE
WR Noah Washington
WR *London Nunley

NG *Jonathan Hernandez
T *Jacob Cabrera
T Andres Fuentes
LB *Dylan Talbert
LB Mason Wuenschel
LB *Isaac Uriostegui
LB *Sean Gardiner
CB
CB *Reid Richard
S *Kameron Droddy
S
i like the nguyen and the dual threat that adams brings

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Great season by the boys out there. One thing that popped in my head while I was trying to sleep was the dropped INT that we ALMOST had. Super tough play but would have likely been our own pick six in the 1st half and would have completely changed the game.
I had the same thought about the dropped INT over and over and over…,

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts

QB *Shea Adams
HB
C
G
G *Mario Miguel
T Dillan Romero
T *Jackson Christian
TE
WR Noah Washington
WR *London Nunley

NG *Jonathan Hernandez
T *Jacob Cabrera
T Andres Fuentes
LB *Dylan Talbert
LB Mason Wuenschel
LB *Isaac Uriostegui
LB *Sean Gardiner
CB
CB *Reid Richard
S *Kameron Droddy
S
Quite a bit of experience coming back on both sides. Hard to replicate the OL, however. Next man up.

90NDN

500+ Posts
What I want to understand was why Adam's hardly played any receiver vs SOC. AAllIbsaw him do was the occasional qb draw. He is the our best player on the field imo.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores