Brenham Cubs at Port Neches-Groves Indians Friday Nov. 10th 7 PM.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Brenham can strike fast. Indians will need their A game every week going forward.

Balanced offense.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Brenham can strike fast. Indians will need their A game every week going forward.

Balanced offense.
Brenham has given up almost 2 times as many yards per game and still has to play Montgomery Lake Creek Friday.

Last edited:

prepballfan

Staff member
Big thing that worries me is a home game against a number 4 team from the other district may lull some to sleep and this team has some abilities. We play our game We should be able to pound the ball on them and keep it away from their explosive offense. Then that offense will have to play against one of the best defenses that they have played this year. Ill be there thankfully turnaround is over. Last year turnaround ended the week before the Semi-finals.

prepballfan

Staff member
PNG is giving up 16.1 ppg. Several of those points were against backups who have played much this season in quarters 3 and 4.
Brenham is giving up 25.8 PPG.
PNG is averaging 32.6 PPG also with backups playing much of quarters 3 and 4
Brenham is averaging 31.1 PPG

prepballfan

Staff member
Brenham's opponent's have won 42 games
Brenham's opponent's have lost 40 games
PN-G's opponent's have won 43 games
PN-G's opponent's have lost 37 games

bandkid

Staff member
Not to overlook Brenham, but what are we thinking about the rest of our region?

On paper, Lake Creek looks like our most significant competition for the regional title. That said, I’m reminded of another undefeated Montgomery team that was supposed to whip the Indians a few years back and got the shock of its life in the playoffs.

I think Texas City deserves to be ranked in the DCTF Top 10. It wouldn’t surprise me if we met them again. Marshall seems to be very Jekyll-and-Hyde this year. I don’t expect them to make much noise in the playoffs, but I don’t want to prematurely assume the monster is dead, either.

CS

100+ Posts
Not to overlook Brenham, but what are we thinking about the rest of our region?

On paper, Lake Creek looks like our most significant competition for the regional title. That said, I’m reminded of another undefeated Montgomery team that was supposed to whip the Indians a few years back and got the shock of its life in the playoffs.

I think Texas City deserves to be ranked in the DCTF Top 10. It wouldn’t surprise me if we met them again. Marshall seems to be very Jekyll-and-Hyde this year. I don’t expect them to make much noise in the playoffs, but I don’t want to prematurely assume the monster is dead, either.
I'd need to see how the Bracket sets up. Lake Creek doesn't look like a true #2 team in my opinion but they are decent. They remind me exactly of the other Montgomery.
Texas City could make noise. I doubt it though. Anyone have an actual bracket of matchups through the end if things fall where they are predicted?

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
The minute this PN-G team becomes overconfident and doesn’t focus and execute fundamentals like tackling, they are as susceptible as anyone. Bring the A game every play of every game at every position.
So true. Exactly why deep playoff runs don’t come easy. And the higher your ranking the more you have a target on your back. However, if we meet up with Lake Creek in the playoffs (who might even be #1 after Melissa’s recent loss) we will be the underdog and this same dynamic could work to our advantage.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores