Staff member
Other district scores

Crosby 52, Dayton 21
Texas City 60, Santa Fe 0
Barbers Hill 41, Humble Kingwood Park 27

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG gave that game away. One of the worst conditioned PNG teams I’ve seen in all my years.

We get ahead and start cute play calling and get completely away from what was working.

Defensively we need to rotate lineman., we put zero pressure on the QB in the second half.
Spot on. Some of the play calls made no sense. PNG stopped running the plays that were working. Nederland did not stop us. Indians stopped themselves with mistakes. The very thing you cannot do in this game.

Torino

500+ Posts
PNG gave that game away. One of the worst conditioned PNG teams I’ve seen in all my years.

We get ahead and start cute play calling and get completely away from what was working.

Defensively we need to rotate lineman., we put zero pressure on the QB in the second half.
Do we stop the hard-nosed football because of conditioning?

Torino

500+ Posts
Spot on. Some of the play calls made no sense. PNG stopped running the plays that were working. Nederland did not stop us. Indians stopped themselves with mistakes. The very thing you cannot do in this game.
Does Mr. Faircloth still call the plays?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
That’s right. It’s not over until it’s over. But typical disappointment will run its course. And there are a couple of teams likely much better than Nederland was so it’s going to be an uphill battle. On the bright side maybe one of the top 4 will knock each other off.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe. But you also saw the self destruction no doubt. Kudos to Nederland for turning opportunities into points. They didn’t look a gift horse in the mouth. That’s the way it goes sometimes.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
After sleeping on the FAN agony of defeat it is easier to state that it was a good game worthy of the rivalry series. The Indians flashed what they can be with a mixture of the growing pains still apparent.

The last 4 PN-G possessions ended in turnovers or a self committed loss of yardage. While the opponent is certainly due the congratulations for the win, we cant help knowing that it could have easily been a different outcome if the execution had matched the first half. On offense Cole Crippen demonstrated that he's going to be a very good QB. The offensive line won the battles. The receivers caught the ball and Trahan had another excellent night running the ball. On defense it was a mixed bag with lots of high points and opportunities for improving the tackling. The team will learn from this and fix the things that need improvement.

Congratulations to the Bulldogs on the win. Fighting to the end and realizing the victory is what it's all about.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Difference in winning teams and us the coaches don’t mind playing players both ways and rotate players to keep them fresh. PNG players were completely worn out in the forth quarter.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
We need to remember one key factor. The Indians are very young. They have showed improvement each week. If this trend continues by years end they could be a very tough team to beat. Next year will be a senior laden team not a Junior and sophomore laden team like this season. The growth from scrimmage 1 to now is immense. I know a few out there who has been watching with me from two-a-days until now and we have grown as a team a lot.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Faircloth will have them better each week. We will need to beat BH, Texas City, or Crosby plus all the expected wins to make the playoffs. This is very possible. Last night showed us we can run the ball and we had a standout receiver as well.

indians87

I’m not going to mention any names but, it was very obvious who Fairclothe was trying to get involved and what he was trying to do in the second half. So he went totally away from what was working to do this.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The o-line won the battle all night and Trahan benefited. All those guys return next season with the exception of 1. Only 7 or so starters graduate after this season. But they still have some winning to do. Seniors, set a fire under this team to work harder towards perfect execution on each play. Despise losing and fight for the wins.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores