Fort Bend Willow Ridge @ Port Neches-Groves INDIANS

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I look for the Indians to work on getting some of those kinks out against FBW to prepare for Dayton. This week against TC we were missing some players and still were able to secure the win. This team is just on the verge of realizing its potential. Dayton is an offensive juggernaut. We will need to have a solid game plan defensively for them. Speaking with some Nederland fans they have told me that Dayton's defense is very solid as well. Will get more into Dayton next week.

Thoughts?

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yes I’ve been very surprised how Dayton has struggled the last 2-3 years
Also until maybe 6-7 years ago we were 0-fer against them all time finally beat them I believe Roschon’s sophomore year. Or maybe freshman playoff game can’t remember. (I was there just can’t remember if we won that one. Actually I think we did then lost to Angleton the next week

100+ Posts
I don't see very much information at all about WR. All there is, is HS football logic:

1. WOS beat Nederland
2. PNG beat WOS
3. Nederland beat WR, so,
4. PNG should beat WR.

Geez, don't let up, PNG. Not a bit.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
One thing that I always disliked in previous seasons is lack of a killer instinct. Let everyone play, don’t disrespect the other team but keep the hammer down and leave no doubt. Practice scoring. Would like to see at least 49 offensive points from the Indians in this one.

Could be a 100 yard game rushing for both Nguyen and Chatagnier.

1990NDN

Agree with the killer instinct comment. It's very apparent the boys on this team have it. I don't remember a season recently anyhow where we are seeing all the big defensive hits and plays, as well as linemen 15 yards down field pancaking folks. There is some nastiness and fight in this group. I still think they are finding their identity on offense but with a new system and first year HC it's more than expected. I think we keep seeing them put it together going into the playoffs. Going to be interesting. Sure has been fun to watch. I really like this coaching staff.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
"The PNG football team", formerly recognized as the Indians has a writeup in the PA News.

The Enterprise predicts the Indians will be fighting for a playoff spot along with Nederland. Don't be surprised when the Indians run the table and finish 2nd.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

2022 DCTF Preview Willowridge Eagles​

Coach: Kendron Penson. Lettermen R/L: 20/10. Starters returning O/D: 6/8. 2021: 4-5/4-4 district.

Players to watch: WR Travis Willis (5-9, 155, 4.5), WR Marxquise Hayes (5-10, 155, 4.6), OL Issac Orellana (6-4, 290), WR Anthony Momon-Lattimore (6-2, 195, 4.6), RB/LB Tulio Nunez (5-9, 170, 4.6), QB Blaize Covington (6-4, 205, 4.7). Top juniors: DE Steven Brantley (6-1, 245), QB/DB Kendron Penson, Jr. (5-10, 170, 4.6). Top sophomore: DL Royce Wilson (6-0, 200).

Other prospects: TE Quentin Iles, WR Rome Jackson, DE Christian McCardell.

2022 notes: New head coach Kendron Penson arrives at WIllowridge after spending the past few seasons as an assistant at Fort Bend Hightower. He inherits an experienced squad that had a disappointing 2021 season that missed out on the playoffs. There are two experienced QBs on the roster in Covington (862 yards, 10 TDs passing) and Hightower transfer Penson Jr. (2,111 yards, 20 TDs passing; 5 TDs rushing). WR Hayes (19-315, 5 TDs receiving) and WR Willis will lead a dynamic group of receivers, Hayes also led the district in interceptions in 2021. The defense is full of experience and young talent led by junior DE Brantley and sophomore DL Wilson. Penson says the biggest concern heading into 2022 will be the offensive line, which graduated four starters.

100+ Posts
"The PNG football team", formerly recognized as the Indians has a writeup in the PA News.

The Enterprise predicts the Indians will be fighting for a playoff spot along with Nederland. Don't be surprised when the Indians run the table and finish 2nd.

Go Texas City! (Tonight vs FBM)

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PN-G has a strong kicker. He has enough leg to kick it out of the endzone. Anyone know his range on FGs? I bet he has some range...35+ yards?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores