GAME DAY: PN-G 38, Montgomery 17

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PN-G 38
Montgomery 17

~ 2 minutes left in the game. PN-G just running the clock. Victory formation will soon follow. Good game and win for the Indians. On to LBJ. Need a much better and cleaner game next week.

15PNG

500+ Posts
I live up in Austin area - LBJ will beat PNG next week from what I saw today. I pray I’m wrong.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Indians did not play their best today but stepped up and got the win. Congrats to Montgomery on the season. Congrats to the Indians on the first playoff win of the season!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
In retrospect, that district that Montgomery is in must be pretty tough. District 10 took out Dayton, Texas City and played PN-G tough. But in the end the Indians hit their average points scored and allowed, and took the win.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Being an out of town fan, I am thankful for all forms of media coverage to get information. Radio, tv, Twitter, etc. Those of you that were here in the early days may remember the dilemma we faced with no coverage beyond the radio signal from Port Neches. The station used to be at the corner of Merriman and Twin City. PNG NDN FAN and I used to brainstorm on ways to ‘broadcast’ the radio sound over the phone and internet. That was way before todays convenience of YouTube, webcasts, and any form of streamed audio or video.

Most high school teams don’t have professionally trained broadcasters. It’s often just normal folks with a passion to follow the team and contribute their time for the school and fans. I choose to follow the team on TexanLive but for those that can’t, thanks to the PNG radio crew for providing updates over the airwaves.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Being an out of town fan, I am thankful for all forms of media coverage to get information. Radio, tv, Twitter, etc. Those of you that were here in the early days may remember the dilemma we faced with no coverage beyond the radio signal from Port Neches. The station used to be at the corner of Merriman and Twin City. PNG NDN FAN and I used to brainstorm on ways to ‘broadcast’ the radio sound over the phone and internet. That was way before todays convenience of YouTube, webcasts, and any form of streamed audio or video.

Most high school teams don’t have professionally trained broadcasters. It’s often just normal folks with a passion to follow the team and contribute their time for the school and fans. I choose to follow the team on TexanLive but for those that can’t, thanks to the PNG radio crew for providing updates over the airwaves.
Well said! I think our radio crew does a FANTASTIC job, and when they get excited…WOW! . It’s been a BLESSING to my elderly Mom who’s rarely able to attend a game anymore and doesn’t have the ability to live stream so she tunes in to the radio broadcast FAITHFULLY and there’s lots of others like her who wouldn’t get to enjoy PNG Football if we didn’t have the 92.5 crew! So, THANK YOU Lance, Francis and Rachael!!

100+ Posts
I live up in Austin area - LBJ will beat PNG next week from what I saw today. I pray I’m wrong.
There are a LOT of teams that would beat us based on what you saw today, by and large, regardless of the bright spots.
There's a photo in the PA News of Chance catching the pass behind the defenders back. He's absolutely awesome. That one pass he dropped that had TD written on it was the first pass I've seen him drop all season I think. If he'd of caught that and scored it would have been a different ball game. The next pass I think was intercepted.
I don't know what the offense did during halftime, but I hope they don't do it any more. They didn't get it back together until the last 5 or so minutes of the game.
We need to get on track this week to expect to beat ALBJ.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yes I sat on the Montgomery side so we were pretty close to the catch

All I could think was “are they going to call PI? The defender is all over him
But then I realized he was pulling the defender to him because the ball was on his back.
Amazing that the impact with the ground didn’t make it come loose

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
There are a LOT of teams that would beat us based on what you saw today, by and large, regardless of the bright spots.
There's a photo in the PA News of Chance catching the pass behind the defenders back. He's absolutely awesome. That one pass he dropped that had TD written on it was the first pass I've seen him drop all season I think. If he'd of caught that and scored it would have been a different ball game. The next pass I think was intercepted.
I don't know what the offense did during halftime, but I hope they don't do it any more. They didn't get it back together until the last 5 or so minutes of the game.
We need to get on track this week to expect to beat ALBJ.
Yes let’s see someone commit their Friday nights (even out of town) for 10-15 weeks for zero pay
And they don’t just show up when the broadcast starts
They probably have to set up equipment hours before and after the game for probably statistically ZERO money in fact it probably costs them money to do the broadcast
Rarely is any HS announcer network TV quality because if they were guess what? They’d be working on TV
I get super frustrated with the Texarkana broadcasters but hey. It’s better than only having maxpreps or Dave Campbell report dry scores especially if I can’t make the game

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yes let’s see someone commit their Friday nights (even out of town) for 10-15 weeks for zero pay
And they don’t just show up when the broadcast starts
They probably have to set up equipment hours before and after the game for probably statistically ZERO money in fact it probably costs them money to do the broadcast
Rarely is any HS announcer network TV quality because if they were guess what? They’d be working on TV
I get super frustrated with the Texarkana broadcasters but hey. It’s better than only having maxpreps or Dave Campbell report dry scores especially if I can’t make the game
I think I replied to a different comment lol.

But I’ve always said
The Golden Triangle is characterized by good people who GRIPE ABOUT EVERYTHING lol
That is a negative sometimes but can be a big positive. It holds you to a higher standard. It’s just something you have to deal with (and make sure
your yard looks great) (the neighbor WILL say something even if it’s not to YOU LOL)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores