GAME DAY: PN-G 38, Montgomery 17

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
There are a LOT of teams that would beat us based on what you saw today, by and large, regardless of the bright spots.
There's a photo in the PA News of Chance catching the pass behind the defenders back. He's absolutely awesome. That one pass he dropped that had TD written on it was the first pass I've seen him drop all season I think. If he'd of caught that and scored it would have been a different ball game. The next pass I think was intercepted.
I don't know what the offense did during halftime, but I hope they don't do it any more. They didn't get it back together until the last 5 or so minutes of the game.
We need to get on track this week to expect to beat ALBJ.
100%. Indians did not execute well today. Either side of the ball. The o-line has to do a better job on run and pass protection and the offense needs to maintain possession and score. Otherwise the defense will be exhausted by the 3rd quarter. Crippen was battling the wind today but he has to be more on target to make this team go.
The defense is working hard but the same problems exist as last year that exposes a soft underbelly and allows backs to run wild in the middle of the field. Pass defense allowed receivers to get behind them too often today. LBJ is primarily a running team but anyone can toss up a long ball and run underneath it. Montgomery did it several times and LBJ will have the speed to do it even better. Special teams was outstanding today with the td return and the punt downed inside the 1.

100+ Posts
I think I replied to a different comment lol.

But I’ve always said
The Golden Triangle is characterized by good people who GRIPE ABOUT EVERYTHING lol
That is a negative sometimes but can be a big positive. It holds you to a higher standard. It’s just something you have to deal with (and make sure
your yard looks great) (the neighbor WILL say something even if it’s not to YOU LOL)
Yeah I was scratching my head wondering how to relate what you were saying in response to my post. :)
WRT Chance's awesome catch, there should have been a flag IMO. I just can't see how there was no PI.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Being an out of town fan, I am thankful for all forms of media coverage to get information. Radio, tv, Twitter, etc. Those of you that were here in the early days may remember the dilemma we faced with no coverage beyond the radio signal from Port Neches. The station used to be at the corner of Merriman and Twin City. PNG NDN FAN and I used to brainstorm on ways to ‘broadcast’ the radio sound over the phone and internet. That was way before todays convenience of YouTube, webcasts, and any form of streamed audio or video.

Most high school teams don’t have professionally trained broadcasters. It’s often just normal folks with a passion to follow the team and contribute their time for the school and fans. I choose to follow the team on TexanLive but for those that can’t, thanks to the PNG radio crew for providing updates over the airwaves.
I remember that. I tried putting a computer microphone next to an AM radio and broadcast it over an online chat program. Wow how time flies.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I remember that. I tried putting a computer microphone next to an AM radio and broadcast it over an online chat program. Wow how time flies.
Nearly 20 years ago! For the newer folks, we have been doing this a long time, seen a lot of seasons and teams, gone through a few platforms, and all types of trials and tribulations in the community. It has been a long road and we have outlasted all past local and many statewide forums.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Watched on Texanlive, and agree it was a good broadcast. However, Texanlive is very inconsistent. Sometimes, like today, you have a good play-by-play announcer and the video and audio is flawless. Other times, like last week, you get video and/or audio going out for long periods of time and either mediocre play-by-play or announcers from the opposing team. I personally don’t think it is worth it for the entire season, but I do typically subscribe near the end of the season so I can watch the final crucial games involving PNG, any playoff games that feature PNG and perhaps other area teams, and statewide playoff games in multiple classifications all the way through the semifinals. For that purpose it is well worth it, particularly if PNG advances multiple games into the playoffs (I rarely have the ability to attend PNG games in person nowadays). With regard to the radio broadcast, I agree that there are some valid criticisms that can be made, including the fact that it is also pretty inconsistent with regard to technical issues that can wipe out portions of the games. However, as a person that remembers trying to catch PNG games on AM radio from hundreds of miles away as long as 40 years ago, from that perspective the broadcast is deeply appreciated. And although there are some aspects of the broadcasts that I would like to see done differently, I genuinely like the broadcasters and appreciate their dedication and service.

With regard to the game, we were inconsistent in every phase of the game with the exception of special teams, and once again critical mistakes nearly cost us dearly. However, we also made great plays on both offense and defense when we needed to do so. We will need to be much more consistent next week if we want to advance further in the playoffs. I believe we have the talent to do so, but we will have to play our very best.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores