GAME DAY: PN-G Indians vs Nederland Bulldogs, 101st Meeting

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
It would not be the first time we lost a big rivalry game and stormed back to run the table to the SC game (think 1999). But still lots of work to do, especially regarding the passing game, which has to be much more consistent for a long playoff run.

Torino

500+ Posts
Poor non creative play calling and the inability to prevent big plays on defense cost us this game. We’ve got to make some changes on defense and we’ve got to find a more balanced offense than depending on running every play and only one dependable receiver.
My HS football was 50+years ago, but Ive seen a lot of arm tackling this season and tonight. Seems a regression from last season.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Ned played a great game. We executed poorly time and time again. We were wildly predictable the ENTIRE game. I get that you want to maintain possession and keep Thomas on the sideline, but you still need to have a bit of creativity. I found myself wondering if that was a Matt Burnett offense out there on the field. Further, we couldn’t set the edge on defense in the 2nd half and that hurt us on 2nd and 3rd and long way too many times. Oh well. It is what it is. But I will say, when I was in school, there would have been no storming of the field after a win like that because it would have led to an all out brawl—especially the visiting team fans storming the field. Lost some respect from me right there.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I like your optimism.
It would be nice. Truth is there are much, much better teams than Nederland out there waiting. First task is to figure out why this happened because it shoudn't have. It was an internal breakdown as much as anything else. In that regard it's good to get this loss out of the way. If they can figure that out they have a fighting chance going forward to make a good playoff run.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
It would not be the first time we lost a big rivalry game and stormed back to run the table to the SC game (think 1999). But still lots of work to do, especially regarding the passing game, which has to be much more consistent for a long playoff run.
In 1999, PN-G beat Nederland 31-8.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Lake Creek beat Huntsville tonight 29-24. Lake Creek rose from the dead. Looks like Nederland's dreams are almost coming true.

kingcrablegs

It would be nice. Truth is there are much, much better teams than Nederland out there waiting. First task is to figure out why this happened because it shoudn't have. It was an internal breakdown as much as anything else. In that regard it's good to get this loss out of the way. If they can figure that out they have a fighting chance going forward to make a good playoff run.
PNG was not prepared it reminded me of the Bama game.

#1 NDN FAN

Poor non creative play calling and the inability to prevent big plays on defense cost us this game. We’ve got to make some changes on defense and we’ve got to find a more balanced offense than depending on running every play and only one dependable receiver.
Don't forget the two missed field goals.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (7-0)
vs.
Nederland Bulldogs (6-1)

Friday, Oct. 25, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium, Port Neches, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores