GP vs PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
carzan said:
We didn't owe those people anything,

Very true words! But it was obviously important enough to coach Faircloth that he had the Trophy at the meeting so I thought I would just finish any speculation.

I think most other school's fans truly don't get it when it comes to PNG and how proud we all are to have come through PNG ourselves and have OUR KIDS in the same system with all that TRADITION and PRIDE! PNG is a first class district with first class teachers, administrators, coaches and kids! We are proud because we have many many reasons to be proud from our successes on the grid-iron and other sports, our successes in the classroom and our successes from the band and drill teams. Over the years, PNG students have moved on to become successful leaders in nearly every walk of life. A big part of all those successes is all of the pride and tradition that was instilled in our kids as they moved through the school system. Is PNG perfect? NO, but we are absolutely the best! There is NO questioning that fact!

Scalp'em

Very well said. I never doubted that the trophy was sitting in Port Neches. It will fit in very well with all the others. We know who we are and from where we came. The fact that others don't get it doesn't mean that we have to prove anything. Good luck to GP until we meet again. As for the INDIANS - SCALP 'EM !!!!!!!!

gpwildcat

My last word on this years game. I am sorry if I offended any Indians. I thought I made myself clear of what I knew and what I heard. Whole thing kind of took off from there. I appreciate seeing the picture. I was wrong, the trophy was not destroyed. I also appreciate Coach Faircloth calling Coach Harris and apologizing for the team leaving the field.

Now, I'm ready for the rest of this season, hope that the Indians only lose one more game in the regular season! (GO DOGS!!!) GP is looking good, and both teams could make a deep run into the playoffs. Who knows, maybe we meet again this year!

Coach Harris said he thought next years game would be played in Rosenberg. See you there!

As I have said before, I have family in Port Neches, and am married to an Indian. (While she was 100% behind the Wildcats, she did hum along with Cherokee a couple of times!) If anybody wants to PM me I would be glad to let you know who I am.

GO CATS! GO DOGS!

Tomahawk

gpwildcat said:
My last word on this years game. I am sorry if I offended any Indians. I thought I made myself clear of what I knew and what I heard. Whole thing kind of took off from there. I appreciate seeing the picture. I was wrong, the trophy was not destroyed. I also appreciate Coach Faircloth calling Coach Harris and apologizing for the team leaving the field.

Now, I'm ready for the rest of this season, hope that the Indians only lose one more game in the regular season! (GO DOGS!!!) GP is looking good, and both teams could make a deep run into the playoffs. Who knows, maybe we meet again this year!

Coach Harris said he thought next years game would be played in Rosenberg. See you there!

As I have said before, I have family in Port Neches, and am married to an Indian. (While she was 100% behind the Wildcats, she did hum along with Cherokee a couple of times!) If anybody wants to PM me I would be glad to let you know who I am.

GO CATS! GO DOGS!

For GP83, GP King and GP wildcat, you guys started this mess by repeating lies that were supposedly told to you by first hand eyewitnesses. You’ve proved them to be first hand liars instead of witnesses. To the players, coaches and fans, I feel for you that these three lying jerks give GP a bad name. If you knew what a fine young coach Faircloth is you wouldn’t repeat these lies. Coach Faircloth is a state officer in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and runs a first class operation. GP83, with you admitting that you got kicked off a site because of things you said due to being drunk. That tells me all I need to know about your character and class.

Coach Faircloth walked into our booster club tonight carrying the trophy. He stated that he normally doesn’t address rumors, but due to the rumors being started by some at GP, he would address them. He stated that in all the meetings with the Football Classic people, they never mentioned that there would be a loser trophy or that he should keep the team on the field to accept. He stated that he would never disrespect a team and would have kept the team on the field if he knew that he should.

My congrats go to the GP Team and coaching staff, they proved that they have a fine program and they showed great determination and deserved the win. My congrats also go to all the great fans that GP has. Good luck for the rest of the year, I hope we meet again in the playoffs.

But to the three jerks that I named earlier, don’t tell or repeat lies!!! It makes GP look bad!!!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
gpwildcat said:

GO CATS! GO DOGS!

If your wife is an alumna of PN-G, then she did not back the GP Wildcats 100% last Saturday. "Once and Indian, Always an Indian" ... she may have told you that she supported GP 100%, but she knows it too, "Once and Indian, Always an Indian." It's about Honor, Pride, and Tradition. Ask her to come clean ... if she was an Indian, then she still is ... she may have told you differently, but that is because she did not want to hurt your feelings. When she sang Cherokee, that was a part of PN-G's Honor, Pride, and Tradition shining through. The spirit of being a PN-G Indian never leaves you. If you are lucky enough to experience it, then will have it for life. You will die with it. Graduates of PN-G may also be college graduates from Texas, A&M, Baylor, Tech, Houston, TCU, SMU, Rice, or some other univeristy; and, they may one day have children in a school district outside of and away from PN-GISD, but first and foremost, the alumni of PN-G are, and always will be, PN-G Indians. You've told us that you have a connection to Nederland ... as such, we do not expect you to understand. Be thankful that you have family in Port Neches and that you are married to a PN-G Indian ... those are your connections to the Good Lord's chosen few.

Go Indians. Peace.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Great post Tomahawk! You said it all! I don't think people like that will ever get it....NOTHING comes between the Indians coaches and players and their loyal fans....NOTHING!! You would think they would quit trying by now.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
My wife is not an Indian per say....she didn't graduate from PNG but she is an INDIAN none the less. I went to PNG schools but didn't graduate from here either. But we are die hard Indian fans. Our kids are all Indians and hopefully their kids(one day when that happens) will all be INDIANS also.

Gp83

THE GREGORY PORTLAND WILDCATS
Tomahawk said:
gpwildcat said:

GO CATS! GO DOGS!

For GP83, GP King and GP wildcat, you guys started this mess by repeating lies that were supposedly told to you by first hand eyewitnesses. You’ve proved them to be first hand liars instead of witnesses. To the players, coaches and fans, I feel for you that these three lying jerks give GP a bad name. If you knew what a fine young coach Faircloth is you wouldn’t repeat these lies. Coach Faircloth is a state officer in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and runs a first class operation. GP83, with you admitting that you got kicked off a site because of things you said due to being drunk. That tells me all I need to know about your character and class.

Coach Faircloth walked into our booster club tonight carrying the trophy. He stated that he normally doesn’t address rumors, but due to the rumors being started by some at GP, he would address them. He stated that in all the meetings with the Football Classic people, they never mentioned that there would be a loser trophy or that he should keep the team on the field to accept. He stated that he would never disrespect a team and would have kept the team on the field if he knew that he should.

My congrats go to the GP Team and coaching staff, they proved that they have a fine program and they showed great determination and deserved the win. My congrats also go to all the great fans that GP has. Good luck for the rest of the year, I hope we meet again in the playoffs.

But to the three jerks that I named earlier, don’t tell or repeat lies!!! It makes GP look bad!!!

Okay...I must once again post to defend myself...First off, the instructions to the Classic specifically state that both teams are to remain on the filed after the game for a trophy presentation. After repeated request by the PA announcer, your team, your coaches left the field, opening you guys up for ANY criticism warranted and justified so. GPWILDCAT brought up the allegation that the trophy was left behind and destroyed. I supported his allegation that I SPOKE with an individual who saw your coach toss the trophy to the ground. That's all I said...did I lie? No...did I hear wrong? Possibly...But you're the one's who should be upset with your actions of leaving the field, despite what the rules and the PA announcer requested. Now you are personally attacking me and my character for one time being human, embarrassing me on my board and in here. I was the first to say if I was wrong, I would man up and apologize, in which I did whiten minutes of the picture being posted. But that was not good enough for you. I thank the good people of PNG for accepting my apology, but my wrong does not make yours right on leaving the field. Something happened down there to bring these allegations to light. Who knows what really happened, but I'm glad the trophy was not destroyed and Dave Campbells Classic tarnished. Now I please ask to lets just drop this embarrassing matter for both of us and move on to our next victim. Thank you

jdooms

This will be my first post here and likely my last. Not that I plan to say anything negative towards PNG at all. I just don't think it's in our (GP's) place to be on your site talking the trash that some of our parents/fans do.

First of all, I'd like to apologize on behalf of 99.9% of the players, fans, parents, and coaches of the GP Wildcat Football program for the actions of a few of our fans. First of all for coming onto your site and even beginning a war of words. Coming over here to introduce ourselves is one thing, but to take it to the levels of which a few of them did, was wrong.

Second, what your coach does or doesn't do with your kids or team, is absolutely none of our business. That is for you and your town to handle. Maybe they knew to be on the field, maybe they didn't. Like I said, it's none of our business. I read the rule sheet prior to the game and it clearly states for both teams to be there after the game. Regardless, it's none of our business. I was right there when the trophy was handed to your coach. He took the trophy and passed it to another coach. I never saw the trophy hit the ground. It could have yes, but I never saw it happen. I also never saw your coach cussing and saying profanities about the game or our kids. He had the look of a wounded soldier, shook hands, and went on his way. What else would one expect him to feel after losing such a close game. He's probably as big of a competitor as I am and I know I'd been down just a little.

Third, the other GP fans who came on here to discuss "I heard" or "I was told" that your coach or a player threw the trophy on the ground to destroy it was absolutely unacceptable. Unless you know first hand the true and real story, this should have never been brought up. What happens is you call someone out and make yourself look like a total dumb ass. Just as we did. Either way, if he did or didn't break the trophy, who's the real winner for us bringing it to light. Trust me, if you don't think one of the team members wouldn't spill the beans to his mom or dad at dinner, your sadly mistaken. The kid that thought it was wrong (if it did happen) would tell his parents and his parents would probably agree and like to have a talk with the coach or a school board member about the coaches actions. It's just best that we stay out of your business.

We have much more class than what has been displayed here on your site and for that I apologize. I am the one who coached these boys all summer in 7on7 to get them ready to throw the ball this fall. We worked very hard and put in a lot of hours training and running drills to get to where everyone had confidence in each other and profected our routes so that we could give our QB the looks he needs to be the awesome QB that he is. It is a shame that a few fans can come on here and tarnish their hard work.

As far as the game went, I thought it was a great game. Maybe one of the greatest games I've ever seen in High School football. It was a slug fest that just never ended. If there were 4 more quarters to play, I think we'd a seen the same result, a 1-point game that could have gone either way. PNG brought to the table a ton of fans and ton of noise. That had to be one of the, if not the loudest crowd I've ever heard. When we'd try to get loud, you all just made us sound like folks from the old folks home, screaming "BINGO!!!"... without our teath! ???

So, I wish to the entire PNG program the best of luck and just maybe, just maybe we can meet up again during the playoffs. That would be a game to watch for sure. Both teams would have some problems ironed out and be deep into the playoffs. That would surely make for a great game and a great story.

Last, please do not assume that our entire town is as disrespectful as a few fans have been on here. We really are some great fans that are very passoniate about our sports. I just feel that when it comes to high school sports, you cheer for the kids as they do this every friday night because they want to, not becasue they are paid to. When it comes to college and pro sports, then have a slug fest if you want. As far as I'm concerned, when a kid is at a big name school on a scholoarship, they are getting paid to play football, so give them hell for dropping passes or missing a block, but not these kids who do this because they love the game. Until the next time, good luck to you and your town this upcoming season.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Gp83 said:
Now I please ask to lets just drop this embarrassing matter for both of us and move on to our next victim. Thank you

The only one who should be embarrassed is you and your fellow posters. You have shown total lack of class in your victory and are still making GP fans look horrible. You were proven wrong about the trophy, and you still continue to state in your earlier post that obviously something happened.
Gp83 said:
Something happened down there to bring these allegations to light. Who knows what really happened, but I'm glad the trophy was not destroyed and Dave Campbells Classic tarnished.

Since you demanded proof of the trophy, I'll demand proof that the contract stated that we had to stay on the field. Faircloth stated that he was never informed to stay on the field. Believe me when I say I trust him FAR more than I trust you. I'd like you to produce the copy of OUR contract with Faircloth's signature on it and show where it says we are to stay on the field.

Also, you have yet to address the racial slurs that supposedly took place. Your source on the trophy was wrong, and I guarantee you that your source on the slurs was wrong. Yet, you have yet to apologize for that. You have to be the sorest winner that we have ever seen. That goes a long way, because we have seen some very sore winners in our time. I guess it feels good when you beat someone like us. Learn how to do it with class next time. I've met no others from GP, and you as well as the other posters from there are giving them all a very bad name.

We are still waiting for the remaining apologies. Tuck your tail and run.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
jdooms said:
I am the one who coached these boys all summer in 7on7 to get them ready to throw the ball this fall. We worked very hard and put in a lot of hours training and running drills to get to where everyone had confidence in each other and profected our routes so that we could give our QB the looks he needs to be the awesome QB that he is.

Classy post. You have much to be proud of. Your hard work has definitely paid off. Congrats on a hard earned victory!

NDN4Life

Scalp Em Indians
jdooms said:
I read the rule sheet prior to the game and it clearly states for both teams to be there after the game.

Well Dustin Johnson didn't read the rule sheet either at the PGA Championship. I went to the booster club meeting last night and Coach Faircloth talked about this issue he gave the explanation so this is a dead topic for me hearing it from the coach himself.

jdooms

NDN4Life said:
jdooms said:
I read the rule sheet prior to the game and it clearly states for both teams to be there after the game.

Well Dustin Johnson didn't read the rule sheet either at the PGA Championship. I went to the booster club meeting last night and Coach Faircloth talked about this issue he gave the explanation so this is a dead topic for me hearing it from the coach himself.

Totally agree. That was my point. It was probably total innocense. Yet, like I said, it's none of our business. I mean, people can say what they want, but there was no good reason to come onto a public board and bash your town, players, or coaches. If it would have been that big of a deal, then the Texas Football administration would have done something about it. Until then, GP needs to be proud of a hard fought win, take our trophy home, and get ready for the next game. That's another problem that some of our fans have, they want to relish in past victories. What happens is you spend so much time relishing on the past that the next opponent crushes you from you not being prepared. I don't even post much on our board since I started seeing what they do on that board. I'm all about building these boys and teaching them sportsmanship and respect. That's what's going to get them through real life. Not trash talking. That'll just get you fired or just make you look like a dumb ass.

akifan94

500+ Posts
Gp83 said:
Tomahawk said:
gpwildcat said:

GO CATS! GO DOGS!

Okay...I must once again post to defend myself...First off, the instructions to the Classic specifically state that both teams are to remain on the filed after the game for a trophy presentation. After repeated request by the PA announcer, your team, your coaches left the field, opening you guys up for ANY criticism warranted and justified so. GPWILDCAT brought up the allegation that the trophy was left behind and destroyed. I supported his allegation that I SPOKE with an individual who saw your coach toss the trophy to the ground. That's all I said...did I lie? No...did I hear wrong? Possibly...But you're the one's who should be upset with your actions of leaving the field, despite what the rules and the PA announcer requested. Now you are personally attacking me and my character for one time being human, embarrassing me on my board and in here. I was the first to say if I was wrong, I would man up and apologize, in which I did whiten minutes of the picture being posted. But that was not good enough for you. I thank the good people of PNG for accepting my apology, but my wrong does not make yours right on leaving the field. Something happened down there to bring these allegations to light. Who knows what really happened, but I'm glad the trophy was not destroyed and Dave Campbells Classic tarnished. Now I please ask to lets just drop this embarrassing matter for both of us and move on to our next victim. Thank you

Does the team you are playing this week have a board? :huh:

I think some of you have spent enought time here throwing our coaches and team under the bus. Move along.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
akifan94 said:
Gp83 said:
Tomahawk said:
gpwildcat said:

GO CATS! GO DOGS!

Does the team you are playing this week have a board? :huh:
I think some of you have spent enought time here throwing our coaches and team under the bus. Move along.

They play Calallen this weekend and from what I read there banned from the Calallen website.

purplefan

Jdooms

No need to apologize.All of the GP fans that my group had contact with were great.From the fellows in the lobby that we talked to Friday before the game,to the group in the elevator checking out Sunday,all of us were there to support our kids.Everyone that I spoke with were happy for an exciting, well played game by both teams.It is a shame a few posters can try and put a damper on a great experience for both schools.I have been a member for several seasons, reading but never posting.I am glad my first post was not motivated by a couple of people who do not represent the majority of GP fans.Good luck with the rest of your season

Gp83

THE GREGORY PORTLAND WILDCATS
pngfan93 said:
Gp83 said:
Now I please ask to lets just drop this embarrassing matter for both of us and move on to our next victim. Thank you

Also, you have yet to address the racial slurs that supposedly took place.

I never said ANYTHING about racial slurs so I awe no one an apology there. Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores