GP vs PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
One more thing, I remember when GP came out to mid field jumping up and down at the first of the game. Player #44 was pumping his arms and pointing at PNG sideline like a jack$$$. I never seen the guy play a down. We can go back and forth and not get anywhere. If you've ever played football before you know there's going to be some jaw jacking going on during the game, but I did see a couple of cheap shots by GP and one being the player on top of ours during the fumble recovery hitting our player that didn't even have the ball. He was on top punching should've been ejected. Anways Scalp'em NDNS!

Gp83

THE GREGORY PORTLAND WILDCATS
PNGfan said:
One more thing, I remember when GP came out to mid field jumping up and down at the first of the game. Player #44 was pumping his arms and pointing at PNG sideline like a jack$$$. I never seen the guy play a down. We can go back and forth and not get anywhere. If you've ever played football before you know there's going to be some jaw jacking going on during the game, but I did see a couple of cheap shots by GP and one being the player on top of ours during the fumble recovery hitting our player that didn't even have the ball. He was on top punching should've been ejected. Anways Scalp'em NDNS!

#44 is our starting outside LB....and it wasn't a hit, and it wasn't a shove...I'd call kinda pushing away while getting up. Our coach, if he see's it on film, will correct it this morning...that's for sure. Looked like a pretty clean game to me, but fans will see what they want to see. :angel:

NDN4Life

Scalp Em Indians
First things first DON'T come on this board and start throwing out rumors of trash talking on the field, not staying on the field, and destroying trophy's..trash talking is a part of the game so get over it okay....two if I was a player and I just lost a close game I sure the hell would not want to stay on the field and listen to a bunch of PR crap. Three coach faircloth instills class in those boys and I'm willing to call BS on that....So in closing gp congrats on the win but don't come on this board and bring this garbage.

Gp83

NDN4Life said:
First things first DON'T come on this board and start throwing out rumors of trash talking on the field, not staying on the field, and destroying trophy's..trash talking is a part of the game so get over it okay....two if I was a player and I just lost a close game I sure the hell would not want to stay on the field and listen to a bunch of PR crap. Three coach faircloth instills class in those boys and I'm willing to call BS on that....So in closing gp congrats on the win but don't come on this board and bring this garbage.

Is there anyway you can show us a picture of that trophy...it was beautiful and I would like to see it. Thanks

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Gp83 said:
NDN4Life said:

Is there anyway you can show us a picture of that trophy...it was beautiful and I would like to see it. Thanks

Is there any way you can show it being destroyed? Those are some huge accusations, and I would like to see it proved. Thanks.

Gp83

NDNTime said:
Gp83 said:
NDN4Life said:

Is there any way you can show it being destroyed? Those are some huge accusations, and I would like to see it proved. Thanks.

Al lot easier just to snap a picture of that bad boy in mint condition. :popcorn:

Gp83

NDN4Life said:
I'm going to the meeting tonight.....if I could put some money on it....that trophy will be there!!!

I honestly hope it is and I will apologize. :hook:

gpwildcat

NDN4Life said:

I know trash talking goes on, from both sides. Boys will be boys. That being said, if there were racial slurs that is another story. I believe there were. Can I prove it ? No. I know the PNG team did not stay on the field after the game. I know the PA Announcer asked them to remain and they did not. I fully understand that the losing team does not want to hang around and listen to the PR stuff. That being said, it is my understanding that it is a part of the game contract. Again, I have not seen the contract, but I believe it states that the teams remain on the field. Either way, the PA announcer asked them to and they did not.
It was a hard fought game, both teams played well, and it easily could have gone the other way. All of the purple clad folks I saw before and after the game in restaurants and on the streets were classy and did Port Neches proud.

As for the trophy, No I did not personally see it broken or left behind. I did hear that it was. that's a simple fix. Post a current picture of it and I will apologize

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I've heard that your team threw out some slurs as well. You do know that our team isn't all white? How will your coach respond to your team doing the same?

Gp83

pngfan93 said:
I've heard that your team threw out some slurs as well. You do know that our team isn't all white? How will your coach respond to your team doing the same?

If he were to see it or hear it, it would be addressed.

akifan94

500+ Posts
Gp83 said:
pngfan93 said:

Does the team you play this week have a message board?

Gp83

akifan94 said:
Gp83 said:
pngfan93 said:

http://www.texaaaasports.com/

gpwildcat

pngfan93 said:

Bear crawls until they puked, then bear crawls in the puke!

Seriously, I know that "boys will be boys" and it the heat of battle things get said. I hope neither team used any racial slurs. I am confident that both teams fans and coaching staff would address that issue if they heard it.

NDN4Life

Scalp Em Indians
Gp83 said:
akifan94 said:
Gp83 said:
pngfan93 said:

I see on that site you posted 83 that you were kicked on the board?

Gp83

NDN4Life said:
Gp83 said:
akifan94 said:
Gp83 said:
pngfan93 said:

I started up a board with a fellow named Jay (He lives in your area). He went on that 4A board to recruit, got caught so they locked my PM's. That night I was at a seminar in Houston and got drunk at a cocktail party, went to my room and went postal, spamming the board with stupid, sinceless stuff stuff. Two years later I'm still not allowed back on. That's when I started my GP board. That 4A board used to rock though :punchingbag:

Gp83

Gp83 said:
NDN4Life said:
Gp83 said:
akifan94 said:
Gp83 said:
pngfan93 said:

I started up a board with a fellow named Jay (He lives in your area). He went on that 4A board to recruit, got caught so they locked my PM's. That night I was at a seminar in Houston and got drunk at a cocktail party, went to my room and went postal, spamming the board with stupid, sinceless stuff stuff. Two years later I'm still not allowed back on. That's when I started my GP board. That 4A board used to rock though :punchingbag:
I call it the Calallen board because they rule the roost there.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Getting back to the game, but I'd like to say that I also think its a good thing to lose a game, especially when its not a district or playoff game. In 1975, we also lost our first game to South Houston, the "junk yard" dogs, and then we came back and beat the he** out of them in regionals. Of course, then we went on to win a state championship. GP's team was not all bad, but I am not over-impressed, either. I'd love to play them at the end of our season. Oh, I forgot--GP only played in one state game and won none. Maybe that's why they don't realize the meaning of Pride, Tradition and Honor. If they're lucky, maybe we can meet up again soon. I can definitely assure you that our team did nothing disrepectful to GP's team. Indians don't show disrepect for any other team. All that gossip about leaving the field and destroying a trophy is ridiculous. I'd NEVER believe it and I've been an avid fan for over 40 years! I look forward to the playoffs this year--the Indians will make adjustments and be awesome AGAIN!

Gp83

squaw said:
Getting back to the game, but I'd like to say that I also think its a good thing to lose a game, especially when its not a district or playoff game. In 1975, we also lost our first game to South Houston, the "junk yard" dogs, and then we came back and beat the he** out of them in regionals. Of course, then we went on to win a state championship. GP's team was not all bad, but I am not over-impressed, either. I'd love to play them at the end of our season. Oh, I forgot--GP only played in one state game and won none. Maybe that's why they don't realize the meaning of Pride, Tradition and Honor. If they're lucky, maybe we can meet up again soon. I can definitely assure you that our team did nothing disrepectful to GP's team. Indians don't show disrepect for any other team. All that gossip about leaving the field and destroying a trophy is ridiculous. I'd NEVER believe it and I've been an avid fan for over 40 years! I look forward to the playoffs this year--the Indians will make adjustments and be awesome AGAIN!

If you'd seen our past 6 years opening games, most includes losses in the opening game, you'd be impressed. Past six years, we come out and play the whole game like we did the first qtr, then build each game till playoffs and give them hell. This was a huge change for us...yes we're no LT, Brenham or PNG of old. But don't degrade both our performances, or justify your loss by degrading our win. I saw two very good teams Saturday and I see both with a chance to meet again mid December.

carzan

500+ Posts
I don't normally post in the football forum but I want to say something.

1.) I have had plenty of interaction with coach Faircloth and most of all the other PNG staff and I can say that there is no way ANY of them would even CONSIDER destroying any award the indians earned.

2.) I too saw two teams that are going to have great seasons. Each has areas that need improvement IMO but I believe the GP coaches will address theirs just as I KNOW the INDIANS will look at themselves and work on what ails them.

3.) I believe in the long run, knowing we can be beaten may be the best thing for our team. That will only make our kids and coaches work harder to continue our great tradition of winning when it counts!

4.) If you think we traveled well for this first game, you should see us travel after the regular season.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap::clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores