I hope Josh Wright is OK

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
He was in some serious pain on the sideline after the injury. It looked like a possible broken ankle by the way they were treating it.

Any updates would be appreciated.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
Heard thru a friend that talked to his parents, that it is an ankle sprain. Nothing broken...so that is good news.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
MightyNDNS said:
Heard thru a friend that talked to his parents, that it is an ankle sprain. Nothing broken...so that is good news.
Oh, I am SO glad! He was in serious pain. He got hurt playing defense. Why can't we have players playing one way only?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Wright is a great defensive player with more strength and quickness than any of the other defensive starters. He stood out even when playing defense as a sophomore against La Marque.

The coaches were trying to put the best players on the field to make an impact. They're going down fighting. Unfortunately, Wright did go down.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
squaw said:
MightyNDNS said:
Oh, I am SO glad! He was in serious pain. He got hurt playing defense. Why can't we have players playing one way only?

That's been the question for weeks now, squaw. Nobody has the answer to that one. Benoit was playing the first half with a sprain also, why are we playing injured players? Who knows? I give up trying to figure out the stratagy, if you can call it stratagy...

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
squaw said:
MightyNDNS said:

neg.

He got hurt on a running play while playing offense. He played on a few 3rd down plays last night on defense but still spend the majority of the time playing at RB.

Tomahawk Chop

squaw said:
MightyNDNS said:

He was hurt running the football near our sidelines. He was not hurt on defense.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Wright is a great defensive player with more strength and quickness than any of the other defensive starters. He stood out even when playing defense as a sophomore against La Marque.

The coaches were trying to put the best players on the field to make an impact. They're going down fighting. Unfortunately, Wright did go down.

Oh, so you've been to all the practises and have seen what the other kids can or cannot do? It sure is funny that some of the scouts are talking to some of the kids that sit the bench - maybe they have been to the practises.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
Tomahawk Chop said:
squaw said:
MightyNDNS said:

He was hurt running the football near our sidelines. He was not hurt on defense.

Is there an echo in here?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
MightyNDNS said:
IndianFan said:

Oh, so you've been to all the practises and have seen what the other kids can or cannot do? It sure is funny that some of the scouts are talking to some of the kids that sit the bench - maybe they have been to the practises.

Very unlikely but please keep everyone updated on the backup players that receive scholarships.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
MightyNDNS said:
IndianFan said:

Very unlikely but please keep everyone updated on the backup players that receive scholarships.

Very unlikely that they attend practise or very unlikely that they talked to some of these kids? I know for a fact that they did. It may not be about a scholarship at this point, but they do want them to at least try out. But hey, thanks for the support of the rest of the team.

Whodat

Going out on a limb and will assume Indianfan meant to keep him updated on the backups scholarships. That whole concept is pretty ridiculous.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Whodat said:
Going out on a limb and will assume Indianfan meant to keep him updated on the backups scholarships. That whole concept is pretty ridiculous.

You got it. :thumbsup: Given that many excellent players from PNG and other area schools have not had a shot at the next level over the years, it's very unlikely. But if it did happen that would be tremendous for a kid.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Whodat said:

You got it. :thumbsup: Given that many excellent players from PNG and other area schools have not had a shot at the next level over the years, it's very unlikely. But if it did happen that would be tremendous for a kid.

I don't think it is ridiculous with Lamar trying to start a new program - they want and need local talent. The more that they get from PNG, the more people they have in the stands and the more successful the program is. But I will keep you updated... :)

N

NDNPARENT

well to me if a kid does not play in a game but only for practice then what the point of being on the team? Suppose to be a team with out the I in it! If I was never played then i would quit the team and let the 11 starters play both ways since that what seems to happen. I can understand the professional rank of football but this is high school football an every kid should have a chance to play instead of rinding the bench. just like everything else there is politics in sports and who you know or who your parents are etc.

Indian99

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Whodat said:

It's very hard for a player from PNG to get a scholarship playing football in college, or at least it was when I was there. The coaches didn't really push for the players to play football in college; such as sending tapes of the player's highlights, calling college coaches, etc. Most of the kids are on their own if they want to play at the next level. I don't know how it is done now, most of the coaches are gone from my days there; I'm just speaking from my own experience.

Whodat

NDNPARENT said:
well to me if a kid does not play in a game but only for practice then what the point of being on the team? Suppose to be a team with out the I in it! If I was never played then i would quit the team and let the 11 starters play both ways since that what seems to happen. I can understand the professional rank of football but this is high school football an every kid should have a chance to play instead of rinding the bench. just like everything else there is politics in sports and who you know or who your parents are etc.

Did you really just post that? This is TEXAS STINKIN HIGH SCHOOL Football, we're not playing kids who aren't good enough to get it done in practice and that's how you get playing time on Friday's by showing something in practice. This whole "my kids getting a scholarship even though he sits the bench" and the play everybody cause it's fair conversation is what will sink this community. We had a tough year, get over it, we will be back, but not with an attitude like this.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores