IMPORTANT: June 16th School Board Meeting in Groves

png fan for life

All,

I want to encourage everyone to attend the May 12th board meeting at 7pm in Groves. I'm hearing that some of the topics that will be discussed could go against what was promised to Faircloth at one time or another. I wish I had more information to give but at this time it's I know. Please show up in numbers so we can show support for what BF has done for PN-G Football.

png fan for life

Re: May 12th board meeting in Groves

Yes this will affect the coaching. All I'm asking is for people to show up in numbers, hear what is on the agenda and then voice your concerns.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

png fan for life said:
Yes this will affect the coaching. All I'm asking is for people to show up in numbers, hear what is on the agenda and then voice your concerns.

Explain!

bark

1,000+ Posts

told by another coach at another district issue over travel, airfare, expenses in general - never had a coaching staff do so much far away travel. Utah, Florida etc...

not saying they shouldn't just never done before, I guess.

any update on the indoor facility? can they use the $ that has been sitting there for years? how long do you go before you put those funds to use?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

bark said:
told by another coach at another district issue over travel, airfare, expenses in general - never had a coaching staff do so much far away travel. Utah, Florida etc...

not saying they shouldn't just never done before, I guess.

any update on the indoor facility? can they use the $ that has been sitting there for years? how long do you go before you put those funds to use?

HS coaches all over the country go and visit college programs during the summer. Two years ago, I gave money to the PN-G booster club to help sponsor a coach to travel to Clemson, I believe it was, to learn about Clemson's offensive, defensive and special teams' schemes. I received a letter from Coach Faircloth and a handwritten thank you from the coach who was able to go to Clemson. I would gladly contribute again if there was a need. I want our coaches to have continuing education. Learn what the next level is doing and do it at PN-G. Coaches visiting college programs will make our program better. As long as the trips were documented and the expenditures were properly documented, no issue. Let the board have the facts and its all good.

I would like an update on the indoor facility. I have no issue with the money I donated sitting in an account until the ISD or PN-G booster club can afford the project. I do not want the district to go into debt for the project. This project should be privately funded (my opinion).

On the surface, it sounds like the board is fact finding. It should be a non-issue.

Go Indians. Peace.

mainthing

just seems weird to me that a member of the community would give a specific coach money did you also give the district money for the cost of the substitute teacher used?

badndn

500+ Posts

mainthing said:
just seems weird to me that a member of the community would give a specific coach money did you also give the district money for the cost of the substitute teacher used?
He gave money to the ABC not the coach. And the trip was during the Summer. No Sub needed. Keep trying though. FIRST POST EH!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

mainthing said:

Nothing weird at all. badndn is correct. I gave to the PN-GABC. The coaching trip, as I understood it, was on the coach's personal time during the summer. I was happy to donate. I wasn't the only one to donate. Others did, too. I hope the coach learned something to improve his skills and to share with our kids at PN-G. If PN-GISD needed contributions for substitute teaching, I would donate. I'm sure other alums would do the same. The same reasoning applies. I (or we) want the best substitutes teaching at PN-G and sharing learning experiences with our kids. Same is true for our teachers. I hope the recent salary study undertaken by the ISD creates momentum to give our teachers a pay raise. I want the best educators teaching at PN-GISD. As proud graduates of the PN-GISD, we all care about our schools and its current kids, the teachers and the resources they have, and the communities of Port Neches and Groves, right? I know many other alums that give much, much more in time and money than I do. That is the great thing about PN-G. We have generations of people that still care.

Why is it that some people thrive on tearing down others? Or, looking for things to stir up controversy? Spend that negative energy on supporting what we have now and going forward.

Go Indians. Peace.

akifan94

500+ Posts

mainthing said:

What is weird to me is how a member of our community feels the need to question what another does with their own money.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts

akifan94 said:
mainthing said:

What is weird to me is how a member of our community feels the need to question what another does with their own money.

EXACTLY!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

akifan94 said:
mainthing said:

+1

bark

1,000+ Posts

IBLEEDPURPLE said:
akifan94 said:
mainthing said:

EXACTLY!
it is strange that some would question the donation, I am sure it was out of interest to better PNG football.

png fan for life

Just a friendly reminder about the meeting this coming Monday. Stipend issue will be discussed at this meeting. That's all I know so please show your support.

bark

1,000+ Posts

are our stipends in line with other schools our size?

IS the issue the amount or (hopefully) to increase them. no way a football coach ever breaks even. especially if we went 3,4 rounds into the play offs. with scouting, coaching and the added games - it's probably another 4 weeks at 75 hours per week -

are boys and girls sport stipends equal?

public record, just curious

bark

1,000+ Posts

Google port neches groves isd salaries (search engine Caspio) it gives every employee's base salary and stipend.

JD Cary was at $15,000 in stipends
Garza was at $10,000 in stipends

BF $86,000 salary

no idea how that compares to others in our district, I am certain you can Google those districts too

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

This is on the agenda

E. Consider Approval of Stipend for Assistant Head Football Coach, Defensive Coordinator, and Special Teams Coordinator

https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicAgenda.aspx?ak=123908&mk=50115802

StraightArrow

Please keep in mind, that if someone wants to speak out on an issue, they have to sign up before the meeting starts in order to be placed on the agenda.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores