IMPORTANT: June 16th School Board Meeting in Groves

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
Re: May 12th board meeting in Groves

That is the two names I keep hearing as well. Have also been told that the meeting (when this subject was being discussed) was rather tense and at times embarrassing because of the actions of a few. All of this over a HC/AD who has been successful? Something is rotten in Denmark............................

bark

1,000+ Posts

Probably catching flak from teachers wanting the same type of stipend for doing extra work.

NDN411

Probably catching flak from teachers wanting the same type of stipend for doing extra work.

No offense to the teachers who put in extra work, time, and go above and beyond for our kids, but think about all the pressure that comes with being an offensive or defensive coordinator. These guys face the possibility of losing their jobs if 16-17 year old kids don't pull out a win, are constantly away from their families from August-November, take all the blame for losses, deal with unruly fans, put in countless hours watching film and analyzing plays after most everyone else has gone to bed, etc.

If our district isn't willing to pay a little more to these great group of coaches, they'll go elsewhere. It's as simple as that, and it will become extremely difficult to find quality coaches willing to take a pay cut to come to a district where board members don't have their backs.

Just my opinion.

bark

1,000+ Posts

NDN411 said:

No offense to the teachers who put in extra work, time, and go above and beyond for our kids, but think about all the pressure that comes with being an offensive or defensive coordinator. These guys face the possibility of losing their jobs if 16-17 year old kids don't pull out a win, are constantly away from their families from August-November, take all the blame for losses, deal with unruly fans, put in countless hours watching film and analyzing plays after most everyone else has gone to bed, etc.

If our district isn't willing to pay a little more to these great group of coaches, they'll go elsewhere. It's as simple as that, and it will become extremely difficult to find quality coaches willing to take a pay cut to come to a district where board members don't have their backs.

Just my opinion.
Good point, again that is not how their coworkers look at.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts

I do believe that anyone would be hard pressed to find a former HC/AD @ PNG that has been scrutinized as hard and long as Coach Faircloth given his current level of success. And again, we are talking about a TOTAL of $12,000 dollars divided by three coaches. At a loss...................................

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

Well if you want to make a difference, one of the two mentioned above is the new owner of Pizza Inn and has a stake in the new restaurant at the river. Hit them in their on greedy pocket books. Just my opinion.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

And I stated several years ago these 2 have their on personal agendas and they were both still re-elected. Trust me, it will be a miracle if Faircloth is back after next season or even sooner. You can take that to the bank, he is tiring with all the crap that goes on behind closed doors.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

I am sorry for venting, but I get tired of people getting on here talking like PNG football is the greatest thing in the in the world. But when it comes down to it, they never show up to give their support to the program. The indoor training facility is a prime example. Stop getting on here running your mouths and get out and do something. The ABC is not where it should be with all the sworn PNG faithful. The ABC should've raised millions by now. With all the people that get on message boards and talk smack at the large crowds we bring and we cannot raise money for the students of PNG??? Freaking Embarrassing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It Faircloth leaves we can blame ourselves, not the school board. We've had our chances to make a difference and we haven't. He would be stupid if he didn't leave and go to a program were the community didn't mind investing the money to have a successful program.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

Unfortunately there is much truth in that. Yes there is a lot of local pride in the school and team, as there should be. But if you back up and take an objective view, PNG is not such a great situation that a good coach will put up with anything just to be there. Faircloth is a top notch, young coach with a great future ahead of him. PNG needs a coach and AD like that. Support the man. Be heard and squash the petty local politics!

charles carrier

I have also donated to ABC toward the training facility...a good project to improve several aspects of student life.
Many of us would like to know the plans and progress on the project. More participation and involvement in every part of OUR school district is important.

Coach Faircloth and his staff deserve support and commendation for their work with all levels of athletes and all sports. Remember, it takes a STRONG program to SUPPORT the important athletic programs which have FEWER participants.

All extra-curricular activities benefit from a STRONG athletic program....all academic efforts benefit from a STRONG teaching staff with adequate resources and motivated students. Success is based on pride and motivation.

Let your board members know where your allegiance is...they were elected to LISTEN first..

pngmom4

500+ Posts

Pizza Inn was NOT bought out by a school board member. At the 11th hour in the buying process, he changed his mind. Something to the effect that he did not realize how much work involved with running a pizza place. Mr. Broussard is still owner and VERY loyal and great supporter to PNG. He spends his Friday night during football season helping in the concession stand.

Just wanted to clarify.

As far as the indoor facility goes, Coach was working on huge donation from Credit Union, but CU board had too many stipulations. I know Coach is still actively working on something regarding the facility. The PNGABC is still growing the facility fund. Some of the funds generated from the concession sells has gone to the project. The PNGABC thanks all that have given thus far and those who support the concession stand. Because of you, the indoor facility WILL one day be the envy of all the area

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

Thanks for clarifying pngmom about the Pizza Inn. I had read in PA News it was a done deal. The funds should've already been raised for the Indoor Facility.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

I'll just say this... things are possibly worse than most might expect. Coach needs our total support NOW and we need to let our voice be heard to ALL school board members. There is a real possibility of losing a great coach that cares for our kids. All over some petty BS. Maybe our SB needs to glance to the north a bit and pay attention to how Bmt's fiasco is destroying their school system and economy. If there are some that think they are bigger than the people that elected them, then they will be replaced. Period. That is NOT why they were elected. They represent US, and right now, there appears to be 2 that think they can do what they want, regardless of the constituent's wishes. This is not how it works.

If this coach leaves, because of this SB, there will be some MAJOR turnovers come election time.

We need to get behind our coaching staff and let our voices be heard.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

+1 Proud. There is a great possibility we may lose our coach. Like I stated in my previous post I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

No school district is perfect. A high profile position, i.e. coach, will have issues wherever he goes. That comes with the job. But we don't need to make things worse than they are.

It would be a shame to lose a top-notch coach, over $12,000..... that is in his coaches contract!!!!!!!!

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts

I saw yesterday evening in a text message that was being sent around that Coach Faircloth has been asked to interview for a HC/AD position at another school district. Has anyone else heard this? This situation is definitely headed south & fast. WOW!

Fairlane

100+ Posts

A Dallas-area HS.

Regrettably, for his sake and the sake of his family, he should take the job in North Texas. He'll make more money. Life is too short to put up with the petty BS of 4 people who want to give him grief to satisfy a particular family and live up to some promises made to a few teachers when they ran for the board.

:(

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

NDNbyChoice said:
A Dallas-area HS.

Regrettably, for his sake and the sake of his family, he should take the job in North Texas. He'll make more money. Life is too short to put up with the petty BS of 4 people who want to give him grief to satisfy a particular family and live up to some promises made to a few teachers when they ran for the board.

:(

What school?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores