IMPORTANT: June 16th School Board Meeting in Groves

Torino

500+ Posts
Re: May 12th board meeting in Groves

PNGDAD15 said:
What some of you may not know is that Coach Faircloth has been the U-19 USA National Team head coach the last two years and also had Coach Cary as his OL coach with him. The team consisted of all D-1 players from across the country vs either an all international team or the Canadian National team with big wins of 42-10 and 43-7 against both teams using a lot of the same plays we currently run. I believe that if they National team picked him to coach the team out of so many other coaches across the US that he is more than worthy to be head coach at PNG and we should support him and the team as such. I just hope we can keep him here long enough with the great young group of players we have coming through right now to get back to state again. Here is a link to a short video about the 2013 international bowl to give you a understanding of what level Coach Faircloth is coaching at: 2013 International Bowl Documentary | USA Football
But, you see, his success works against him with a board member didn't want him hired in the first place, a board member who only follows the lead of the first board member, and other board members who are anti-athletics.

akifan94

500+ Posts

Some of our board members need a stiff kick in the @@@ and some our parents in this community need to wake up. We have a problem from dang near the top down and it is only getting worse. We have principals bullying PTA members. Teachers going way too far with what our kids hear in class only to be protected if they are in the clique. I heard this weekend that one senior party was cancelled after the parents found out what had happened at the prom and Aqua Ball then decided they did not want to take responsibility of having a bunch of drunks on their property. This past week has been mind blowing with stories of politics on the school board, antics at our schools, out of control kids with no accountability from their parents, and now a rash of burglaries from an increasing criminal minded element moving closer and closer. I know my post is off subject but it all ties back in to our community and school system slowly eroding from what it once was.

Fairlane

100+ Posts

akifan94 said:
Some of our board members need a stiff kick in the @@@ and some our parents in this community need to wake up. We have a problem from dang near the top down and it is only getting worse. We have principals bullying PTA members. Teachers going way too far with what our kids hear in class only to be protected if they are in the clique. I heard this weekend that one senior party was cancelled after the parents found out what had happened at the prom and decided they did not want to take responsibility of having a bunch of drunks on their property. This past week has been mind blowing with stories of politics on the school board, antics at our schools, out of control kids with no accountability from their parents, and now a rash of burglaries from an increasing criminal minded element moving closer and closer. I know my post is off subject but it all ties back in to our community and school system slowly eroding from what it once was.
+1 on burglaries. My car was burglarized in my driveway. :(

bark

1,000+ Posts

to muzzle the faction who would say the 2009 team was "Burnetts kids" what's the record for 2010 - 2013 combined?

I can't find it.

akifan94

500+ Posts

bark said:
to muzzle the faction who would say the 2009 team was "Burnetts kids" what's the record for 2010 - 2013 combined?

I can't find it.

24-21 according to pngindians.com

2013 7-4-0 Brandon Faircloth Bi-District Appearance
2012 2-8-0 Brandon Faircloth
2011 7-4-0 Brandon Faircloth District Runnerup, Bi-District Appearance
2010 8-5-0 Brandon Faircloth District Runnerup, Bi-District and Area Champions

TexasTech84

Yup, Ive heard of all this wild parties, One question WHERE THE HECK ARE THE PARENTS of this kiddos.

Torino

500+ Posts

akifan94 said:
bark said:

I can't find it.

24-21 according to pngindians.com

2013 7-4-0 Brandon Faircloth Bi-District Appearance
2012 2-8-0 Brandon Faircloth
2011 7-4-0 Brandon Faircloth District Runnerup, Bi-District Appearance
2010 8-5-0 Brandon Faircloth District Runnerup, Bi-District and Area Champions
Don't believe you can say Faircloth inherited a team The 2008 squad, with a 3-year starter at QB who signed with LU, an OT who signed with LU, and a highly-touted RB who also signed a college scholarship, went 3-6 for the season and 1-6 in district.

2008 Port Neches-Groves Indians Schedule
Record: 3-6
Port Neches-Groves 19 @Barbers Hill 14
Port Neches-Groves 28 @Crosby 27
Port Neches-Groves @Texas City (cancelled)
Port Neches-Groves 34 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 7
@Nederland 41 Port Neches-Groves 21
Livingston 34 @Port Neches-Groves 14
@Vidor 23 Port Neches-Groves 14
Lumberton 17 @Port Neches-Groves 10
@Beaumont Ozen 37 Port Neches-Groves 26
Beaumont Central 16 @Port Neches-Groves 0

bark

1,000+ Posts

I thought Doty and that group were there before Fairclothe when Burnett was there?

Am I wrong?

Those are the athletes I was referring to.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

Give Coach BF the same 15 years as his predecessor and let's compare Ws and Ls. How is any one group of kids a particular coach's group? Did he recruit them? PN-G went from 3-7 (2008) to 11-1 (2009). If people will allow Coach BF to do his thing, we are about to go on a 2 or 3 year run of good times.

Bark - are you a fan of the old regime? You mad at Coach BF for bringing in his own staff and dismissing some of the coaches from the prior staff? Willing to give Coach BF the same 15 years that Coach Burnett had? Then we can compare apples to apples. Wins and losses, record vs. Nederland, playoff wins, etc. I wonder how many times Coach Burnett had his athletic budget cut during the first 5 years of his program? Can we compare that fact? And, during Coach Faircloth's 15 year run, if you are willing to give him that many years, let him play the same cards as the prior staff, i.e., call up a friend who is an OC and have him and son -- a DI QB -- move to Groves so we can have a three year run. You do know that Dustin Long was not at PN-G K-12, right? He moved here. Let's give Coach Faircloth the same 15 years and the same cards to play. Then we can sit down and compare numbers, stats, etc. If you and prior regime win, I'll say so.

I just want Coach Faircloth to be treated fairly and honestly.

Go Indians. Peace.

akifan94

500+ Posts

Just for the record I was only answering bark's question and not trying to make a comparison.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts

1989NDN said:
Give Coach BF the same 15 years as his predecessor and let's compare Ws and Ls.

Let`s give BF a chance. I think he is off to a great start. I would rather not dwell in the past. BF is moving PN-G forward and we should allow him to do so. I can only hope that he will stay for 15 yrs. The next 3-4 yrs. he has a LOAD of talent coming through and it would be a disappointment to see him leave prematurely.

Torino

500+ Posts

bark said:
I thought Doty and that group were there before Fairclothe when Burnett was there?

Am I wrong?

Harrison Tatum was the QB Matt's last year (2008) and received a scholarship to LU. OT Ryan McLin was a senior in the 2008 season and signed with LU. Josh Wright was a highly touted senior RB in 2008 and received a scholarship to a small university in Oklahoma.
Doty was a sophomore in 2008; I think he was on the JV. Caleb Harmon was an underutilized junior RB. Dre Dunbar was a junior.
There's no doubt that BF inherited some talent, but he won with the talent.

bark

1,000+ Posts

Torino said:
bark said:

Am I wrong?

Harrison Tatum was the QB Matt's last year (2008). Josh Wright was a highly touted sr. RB in 2008.
Doty was a sophomore in 2008; I think he was on the JV. Caleb Harmon was an underutilized junior RB. Dre Dunbar was a junior.
totally agree.

Just a point of observation.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts

Torino said:
bark said:

Am I wrong?

Harrison Tatum was the QB Matt's last year (2008). Josh Wright was a highly touted sr. RB in 2008.

Once again Torino you are correct. BF has taken what talent he has had and most definitely utilized to maximum potential. This is a great time for INDIAN athletics, not just football, and our AD has had a large hand in this success.

png94

100+ Posts

I will tell you guys this. Not sure on all the parties and such, but mine is on the team and the group of sophomores and juniors that he is associated with are watched very closely on what they do on the weekends. As a parent, you have to stay involved knowing every move because with social media and letting them run wild will ruin an athletes dreams and future. I continously have this discussion and the importance of doing the right thing with my kids. When you play a sport for your school, your not only an athlete, but your a role model for those young kids coming up along with representing your school and family. The next 2 yrs are going to be a special bunch. They have their head on right and want to win. IMO, in the next 2 years we are going to witness the best Teams BF will have had here. I'm not knocking the 2009 team because they were a very good group, but I think we will go farther with the next 2 teams. These young men have been in his program since the 7th grade and know it very well. We have got to show this man our support because he truely does care about these young men and works very hard to do it. Enough with the petty BS that some board members are giving him. I hope he realizes how much we appreciate what he's doing. It all starts with shooting him an email, or giving him a call at the office, or even stopping him when you see him and letting him know how much he is appreciated. Sometimes that goes along ways...

bark

1,000+ Posts

I agree with Tribe, lets give all our support to BF! he is the only one that can get us a State Champ. ( been 40 years almost '75) since we had one.

don't think a single SB member is capable of taking us there. If they're not on the boat -vote them out!!!!

Torino

500+ Posts

TRIBE said:
I will tell you guys this. Not sure on all the parties and such, but mine is on the team and the group of sophomores and juniors that he is associated with are watched very closely on what they do on the weekends. As a parent, you have to stay involved knowing every move because with social media and letting them run wild will ruin an athletes dreams and future. I continously have this discussion and the importance of doing the right thing with my kids. When you play a sport for your school, your not only an athlete, but your a role model for those young kids coming up along with representing your school and family. The next 2 yrs are going to be a special bunch. They have their head on right and want to win. IMO, in the next 2 years we are going to witness the best Teams BF will have had here. I'm not knocking the 2009 team because they were a very good group, but I think we will go farther with the next 2 teams. These young men have been in his program since the 7th grade and know it very well. We have got to show this man our support because he truely does care about these young men and works very hard to do it. Enough with the petty BS that some board members are giving him. I hope he realizes how much we appreciate what he's doing. It all starts with shooting him an email, or giving him a call at the office, or even stopping him when you see him and letting him know how much he is appreciated. Sometimes that goes along ways...
Not sure he and his coaches think its petty when some board members are making motions to reduce salaries in the middle of the year, and the board agrees to "review the appropriateness" of coaching stipends this summer (after it is too late for the coaches to find jobs elsewhere). My guess is they think its pretty serious. :-[

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts

TRIBE said:
I will tell you guys this. Not sure on all the parties and such, but mine is on the team and the group of sophomores and juniors that he is associated with are watched very closely on what they do on the weekends. As a parent, you have to stay involved knowing every move because with social media and letting them run wild will ruin an athletes dreams and future. I continuously have this discussion and the importance of doing the right thing with my kids. When you play a sport for your school, your not only an athlete, but your a role model for those young kids coming up along with representing your school and family. The next 2 yrs are going to be a special bunch. They have their head on right and want to win. IMO, in the next 2 years we are going to witness the best Teams BF will have had here. I'm not knocking the 2009 team because they were a very good group, but I think we will go farther with the next 2 teams. These young men have been in his program since the 7th grade and know it very well. We have got to show this man our support because he truly does care about these young men and works very hard to do it. Enough with the petty BS that some board members are giving him. I hope he realizes how much we appreciate what he's doing. It all starts with shooting him an email, or giving him a call at the office, or even stopping him when you see him and letting him know how much he is appreciated. Sometimes that goes along ways...

The next few years will definitely be banner years for BF and the INDIAN program. Last year showed that we have some under classmen who are very capable. That soph. QB (Morse) was phenomenal and he only played sparingly. The INDIANS are on the verge of reclaiming glory from years past and re-establishing the PURPLE PRIDE to what it once was in Region III and beyond. I am extremely excited to be able to witness this happening. To experience it first hand. To be a part of it. Scalp`em INDIANS !

bark

1,000+ Posts

gotta admit I would be jumpy if I was a PNG coach/AD and all this bs was going on.

I would hope they stay, I am sure many other programs would love to have them and I agree with Torino, if BF leaves that means starting over again and possibly loosing the confidence of the current players.

if a system change comes ( new AD) these kids will really be screwed - most new coaches want to start over with "their" guy - esp. at the skilled positions.

How can the district sign their contracts with no $ amount on it? OR are you telling me these coaches in question have not signed?

let us know.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores