IMPORTANT: June 16th School Board Meeting in Groves

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
REMINDER: Please make plans to attend the school board meeting on June 16, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. It is imperative that supporters of PN-G athletics show up in numbers -- fill the room -- and voice support for Coach Faircloth. Watch and listen to the motions made by school board members, who seconds the motions, who wants to go behind closed doors, and what actions are taken with regard to stipends contractually given to Coach Faircloth. Bring a notepad and take notes for yourself. Arrive early enough to sign up and speak for 2 or 3 minutes in support of Coach Faircloth and his program.

E-mail and telephone school board members and Superintendent Cavness. Ask questions and voice your support for Coach Faircloth and PN-G athletics.

Go Indians. Peace.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan said:
1989NDN said:
Friendly Reminder: Please go to the PN-GISD school board meeting on June 16, 2014, at 7:00 p.m., at the West Groves Education Center.

Residents and taxpayers of Port Neches and Groves, alumni of PN-G, and friends of PN-GISD, plan to attend on June 16. Even if you do not live in the area anymore, go attend the meeting and support the students, teachers and coaches. I had someone tell me that I have no concern...I am an out of town alum...and since I no longer live there or pay taxes to PN-GISD, I should not have a concern. The residents of Port Neches and Groves elected the board. As an alum, I do have a concern. I still care about PN-G. I want what is best for PN-GISD, its students, and the residents of Port Neches and Groves. Show up at the school board meeting on June 16. Let all of the board members know that you support what is best for the district. We have a good coach and we support him and his program. Whatever stipend is set forth in his contract, it should be honored.

Go Indians. Peace.

Following that line of logic, ask this individual if the alumni living out of town, which probably exceeds the number living in PN and G, if they approve of any of us attending games, contributing to the booster clubs, or anything else that supports our former high school.

That's one backwards thinking and shortsighted person. :crazy:

I agree. Backwards. Strange but true...ever since I put the incident on the message boards of www.pngindians.com, the person who called me at work has not called me again. If he does, I hope he does not block his number and I hope he leave me his name instead of calling me names and telling me not to stick my out-of-town nose in local matters.

I will be at the school board meeting on June 16, 2014...supporting the school board members that support our students, teachers, coaches, PN-GISD employees, taxpayers, stakeholders.... Those that don't or those that have a personal agenda, let's call them out and post facts in an open and public forum like www.pngindians.com.

Go Indians. Peace.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicAgenda.aspx?ak=123908&mk=50119344

Attached Board Agenda for meeting for June 16th. Read the minutes from the May 12th meeting and you can see who voted for and against Faircloth.

NDN411

Thanks for posting the minutes, Justafan. Now there is no hiding who is for an against Coach and his assistants. I wonder how things will transpire on Monday night.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, let's see...

Community and alumni 100% supportive of the football program and coach.
Football program is a core source of pride for students and community.
Football program brings in a lot of $$.
Football coaching staff is understaffed.
Football assistant head coaches and coordinators carrying more of a load to make up for that.
Questionable school board members choose to not recognize any of the above...

What does that add up to?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan said:
Hmm, let's see...

Football assistant head coaches and coordinators carrying more of a load to make up for that.

It adds up to the need for a large turnout by the community to attend the school board meeting on June 16, 2014. We need more than the 7 or 8 individuals who showed up last month. We need a room full of PN-G residents, taxpayers, parents, alumni, students, fans and friends. We need to voice support for Coach Faircloth and we need to see firsthand which school board members are doing what is best for PN-GISD vs. pursuing a personal agenda. Stand up and ask why a select few are so determined to spend time and resources to try and run Coach Faircloth out of town. Is it because Coach Faircloth did not retain their friends on the coaching staff after changes were made in 2009? Show up on Monday, June 16, 2014. I will be there.

Go Indians. Peace.

Fairlane

100+ Posts
1989NDN said:
IndianFan said:
Hmm, let's see...

It adds up to the need for a large turnout by the community to attend the school board meeting on June 16, 2014. We need more than the 7 or 8 individuals who showed up last month. We need a room full of PN-G residents, taxpayers, parents, alumni, students, fans and friends. We need to voice support for Coach Faircloth and we need to see firsthand which school board members are doing what is best for PN-GISD vs. pursuing a personal agenda. Stand up and ask why a select few are so determined to spend time and resources to try and run Coach Faircloth out of town. Is it because Coach Faircloth did not retain their friends on the coaching staff after changes were made in 2009? Show up on Monday, June 16, 2014. I will be there.

Go Indians. Peace.
The board members in question, with the exception of 1 trustee who was friends with a coach who was reassigned but not fired in 2009, don't care about the former coaching staff.

biaplayer

I hope there is a strong showing for him. I would go but I am hot tempered and things roll out my mouth that probably would get me thrown in jail. I strongly support our coach, he has done nothing but good things for this school district and our student. The man Is not perfect by no means but the doings of these two or three on the board who are against him. When are the next elections for the school board, I hope someone runs against them so we can vote these IDIOTS out. PNG football brings in a lot of school revenue not to mention the other sports that the kids are participating in. I have been a season ticket holder for a long time, I love Friday night football and I just cant believe these fools are trying to run him out. Doesn't make any sense to me. I cant wait to hear how this meeting goes.

Purple Dove

:whiteflag: Everyone please make a special effort to attend the Board Meeting tonight. They need to listen to the community and go with what they want. After all it is the tax payers dollars! SCALP EM :clap: :clap: :clap:

81alum

Please everyone show up and support our coach. I can't make it working my last night and couldn't find a trade but will be there in spirit.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
1989NDN said:
IndianFan said:
Hmm, let's see...

Go Indians. Peace.

BINGO!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Hey Indian Fans! Tonight is a very important school board meeting that needs your support! Coach Faircloth and his coaching staff is under fire by some of the board members, who are trying to take away some money that is their contract. We need to be there in mass, to show support for our coaches, before a few bad apples runs the best thing we've had in years, right out of town!!!!!
And, if that happens, what decent coach would consider coming to PNG, with a school board like ours??? Coach needs our support tonight!!!

Please plan on attending, and witness how our school board members vote, so YOU will know how to vote next election!

NDN411

The meeting is at the West Groves Education Center on Jefferson St. It's across the street from St. Paul's Church.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores