Indian Stadium Renovation

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
Man, you think of great shots to take!

I'm already gearing up for that 46 row hike to the top tomorrow night. Guess I'll get there at least an hour early again and enjoy the atmosphere.
I know how you feel. We are only 2 rows above you. The view is beautiful, but the hike sucks.... :thud: Especially the older you get! :eek:ld:

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
EX79NDN said:
pngfan93 said:

I'm already gearing up for that 46 row hike to the top tomorrow night. Guess I'll get there at least an hour early again and enjoy the atmosphere.
I know how you feel. We are only 2 rows above you. The view is beautiful, but the hike sucks.... :thud: Especially the older you get! :eek:ld:

It would really be nice if they a mini concession stand up top...... ;D and maybe a restroom or two.

NDN X

100+ Posts
Cheermom4 said:
EX79NDN said:
pngfan93 said:

It would really be nice if they a mini concession stand up top...... ;D and maybe a restroom or two.

You know, with the bottle drinks, someone really could walk around with at least just drinks. That would be nice. Just wishing....

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
NDN X said:
Cheermom4 said:
EX79NDN said:
pngfan93 said:

You know, with the bottle drinks, someone really could walk around with at least just drinks. That would be nice. Just wishing....

That would be heaven since my seats are on row 44. But heck I could use the exercise to walk up and down the stairs.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
I do not think we will see the video board this season. H.B.Neild was ready to set up the equipment for temporary use but the video contractor said a temporary setup would void the warranty.

Well folks.......let's just get ready for the game. Lets make some noise for our Indians ! ! ! !

NDN X

100+ Posts
also heard no video board til next year. Oh well, lets just go out and beat the Raiders!!! We don't need a video board to do that!!

pngbax20

100+ Posts
no but it was nice to walk in and hear guns and roses,ac/dc,and some of the other stuff tonight.Not really sure why they played "shout" but whatever you take what u can get.

TheBoysMom

PNGBax20 said:
no but it was nice to walk in and hear guns and roses,ac/dc,and some of the other stuff tonight.Not really sure why they played "shout" but whatever you take what u can get.

Really? I stayed home sick tonight and caught the game on the radio, and hadn't heard about the updated music selections. That's progress, anyway!

N

NDNPARENT

i think the music was an improvment , but there is one compalint i have, .. where i sit in section F you can not hear our band, and the ppl in that section do not get noisey! wtf?? what happened to all the indians fans that used to be loud? The other side is louder than us!! and the last 2 home game i am sick and tired of hearing the dang vistors air horns!! time for us to make some noise! use the scoreboard to play CHEORKEE LOUD!! THE WARPATH LOUD!! WHAT WRONG WITH WHOEVER IS CONTROLING THE SCOREBOARD !!!!!!!!!!!! WE PAID 600K PLUS FOR THE STATE OF THE ART SCOREBOARD WITH SCREEN AND SOUND AND WE NOT USE IT TO MAKE SOME NOISE!!

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
NDNPARENT said:
i think the music was an improvment , but there is one compalint i have, .. where i sit in section F you can not hear our band, and the ppl in that section do not get noisey! wtf?? what happened to all the indians fans that used to be loud? The other side is louder than us!! and the last 2 home game i am sick and tired of hearing the dang vistors air horns!! time for us to make some noise! use the scoreboard to play CHEORKEE LOUD!! THE WARPATH LOUD!! WHAT WRONG WITH WHOEVER IS CONTROLING THE SCOREBOARD !!!!!!!!!!!! WE PAID 600K PLUS FOR THE STATE OF THE ART SCOREBOARD WITH SCREEN AND SOUND AND WE NOT USE IT TO MAKE SOME NOISE!!

I'm with you on this one...I thought air horns were supposed to be banned from games, period. Whoever had that train horn from Lumberton was lucky there was no sniper on the roof of the pressbox!!!!! Not to shoot the person, but to seriously damage the horn!!!!

The new scoreboard is not completed that is why everything does not work yet.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
It is against UIL rules for anyone to use mechanical noisemakers in the stands, yet Nederland and Lumberton get away with it. What's up?? Also, the new stands are so much more roomy and comfortable, so I only have one major complaint--the kids. A parent even told me "I just give him some money and let him run up and down with the other kids." OMG, it is awful if your seat is on the end of the row. Kids don't walk they bounce and run and scream up and down the stairs. Don't parents teach their children to be considerate of others anymore? We would like to enjoy the game, also. I seriously doubt that a lot of these kids have tickets for seats in this area. This is now the new student playground. Maybe someone from administration needs to check tickets of everyone using the steps.

N

NDNPARENT

well it is a romper room under the stands too!! my wife is down there selling spirit sales and the kids are runnning loose!

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
NDNPARENT said:
well it is a romper room under the stands too!! my wife is down there selling spirit sales and the kids are runnning loose!

Mine were sitting in the GA section - I know, because I went and checked on them. I did buy a ticket for them to sit with me but they prefer to sit with their friends. I agree that they need to be sitting with their parents at a certain age or in the Gen Admin section if they are older, but in Middle School they don't come to watch the game, they come to the game to socialize - maybe they should have some sort of building where these kids can go and listen to music or something like that during the game because they surely are not there for the game...mine included.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
It's a "night out" for these kids....and a night without kids for the parents, most of whom I'd guess aren't even at the game...at least that's the way I see it at the Dog Pound. We have a number of NPD officers patrolling the areas where these little darlings hang out so there's usually not any major problems...

badndn

500+ Posts
Folks, it's a game. The kids are there to have fun too. Let them hang out in their section (student section) and socialize. As long as they are not fighting or throwing things, let 'em have fun. My kids don't want to come to the game and sit with me and I sure don't want to make them sit with me. They sit in the Student section and they are HS and MS age. If you restrain them from socializing then you will be putting a strangle hold on the next generation of PNG faithfull like you and me. Is that what we want. I think the fan base has deminished some over the years because of the restraints placed on the students. If the game can't be fun for them then what is going to keep them coming after they graduate.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
Folks, it's a game. The kids are there to have fun too. Let them hang out in their section (student section) and socialize. As long as they are not fighting or throwing things, let 'em have fun. My kids don't want to come to the game and sit with me and I sure don't want to make them sit with me. They sit in the Student section and they are HS and MS age. If you restrain them from socializing then you will be putting a strangle hold on the next generation of PNG faithfull like you and me. Is that what we want. I think the fan base has deminished some over the years because of the restraints placed on the students. If the game can't be fun for them then what is going to keep them coming after they graduate.
Duh???? The point being made is that there is NO STUDENT SECTION! I think they should bring back that section of bleachers and call it student section so they won't disrupt everyone else! Either that or sit with their parents. They currently are running the stands, yelling, spitting over the side on their friends below, etc. That's not socializing; its terrorizing the rest of us who paid for our seats.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
MightyNDNS said:
NDNPARENT said:

I'm with you on this one...I thought air horns were supposed to be banned from games, period. Whoever had that train horn from Lumberton was lucky there was no sniper on the roof of the pressbox!!!!! Not to shoot the person, but to seriously damage the horn!!!!

The new scoreboard is not completed that is why everything does not work yet.

I used to bring small canned air horns to the Bulldogs' games until about 3 years ago . We usually sit on the far side of the stadium next to the band as both my kids play(ed). The horns were quite loud and I realized it bothered alot of older folks that sat in that section. So as an alternative, I found these small, pocket versions of air-horns that you blow into. They make the same sound as the air-can ones but not nearly as loud. They had them at the gas station next to CHurch's chicken on Nederland Av. for $3. I got to make my noise...the older folks din't get po'd. WIN/WIN!! :woohoo:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores