Indian Stadium Renovation

squaw

1,000+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
I noticed far fewer kids at the very top last Friday.
Yeah, no wonder--ya'll chased them away the previous week so they descended on us older senior citizens! lol (just kidding) By the time they would reach our seats on the 5th row, they'd be running about 30 mph. I want the kids to come so they parents can come and get a "night off". I only want a separate seating area called the "student section" and then everyone will be happy again. I think it benefits the entire community doing it that way. I feel quite sure mom and dad don't want their kids in the laps, either. :laugh:

squaw

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
I was under the impression that section G was the Student Section. That's where they all sit!
Someone on the school board said "there is NO student section anymore". I am in section F and there were a lot of kids that spent the entire game running up and down the stairs next to our seats. (on the stairs between D and F). Some may sit, but quite a few never sat! G section is general admission, not the student section.

setxsports

Wow it is coming along really great on the stadium it might be finished by the start of next football season I hope and pray for the stadium.

NDN X

100+ Posts
looks like they are still bricking the press box, just not a whole lot of obvious progress. Guess we will see more tomorrow.

NDN X

100+ Posts
has anyone heard anything about when the pressbox will be complete? By Christmas? I guess as long as it is working by the first home game in '09. :thud:

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I know I am stating the obvious, but that is a huge pressbox, and to think they cut down one level from the original design. They should put an apartment in there, like Hofheinz did with the Astrodome :)

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
I know I am stating the obvious, but that is a huge pressbox, and to think they cut down one level from the original design. They should put an apartment in there, like Hofheinz did with the Astrodome :)
Wow...I agree. That thing is big enough to sell box seats. :helmet: :popcorn: I would buy them. Than I would have the privilege to ride the elevator. :clap:

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Actually you mention the box seats in jest (I think). But I would think that such seating could be auctioned or raffled off for the 5 home games each season to raise money (or sell them for elevated prices) To go along with the seating you get a pre-game catered meal brought in and also a complimentary (delivered) order from the concesssion stand below at halftime.

Better stop the creative thinking, we might come up with a good idea. :)

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
Actually you mention the box seats in jest (I think). But I would think that such seating could be auctioned or raffled off for the 5 home games each season to raise money (or sell them for elevated prices) To go along with the seating you get a pre-game catered meal brought in and also a complimentary (delivered) order from the concesssion stand below at halftime.

Better stop the creative thinking, we might come up with a good idea. :)
I was mentioning it in jest to begin with but the more I think about it the better it sounds. Heck I would even pay extra to have top row seats but have use of the elevator. Say an elevator pass. ;D As time goes on I see the upper seats getting hard to sell due to the climb. Lot of the older people (and people like me that are out of shape) love the tops seats for view but the climb kills us. :eek:ld: If PNG athletic department would use their head (yea right ??? ) they could raise extra money by charging for these extra benefits. :thumbsup:

NDN X

100+ Posts
EX79NDN said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
Wow...I agree. That thing is big enough to sell box seats. :helmet: :popcorn: I would buy them. Than I would have the privilege to ride the elevator. :clap:

yes, box seats.....that would be great! OR have some type of raffle or something where it is special each year that some one different wins the seats! Something for someone to think about, but probably will never happen. :(

N

NDNPARENT

would have to sell the box seat at an elevated price to first come first serve. the UIL does not allow raffles it is a form of gambling.

one thing that would be nice since they are planning on using replays on the jumbo board , have a tv monitor in the restroom and in front of the concession stands. so you do not miss a big play .

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
Has anyone been to the Ennis high school stadium. It is unbelievable and they do have club boxes in the press box. The boxes are completely enclosed by glass from top to bottom with the most comfortable looking chairs. Wow, what a way to watch a great football game.

It is a great money maker because sponsors(businesses) buy the boxes for the season and then they can give the tickets out as vendor rewards or enjoy it themselves.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores