Indian Stadium Renovation

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Electrical inspection is being done. They should be able to start the sheet rock work next week. With some rain expected next week, they are moving the sheet rock up now.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
A change will have to be made about water getting to the press box. Not enough water pressure. They will probably have to add a water tank and pump.
Those design changes are already being worked out.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
FACT OR FICTION??? WHO KNOWS???

I spoke to my sister-in-law Christmas Eve at our family get together. She works for the school district and told me that they are going to have to do some more budget cuts on the stadium. She said that the elevator is not going to be installed. That is something that they are cutting. I told her that the elevator shaft had already been built and she said that they were going to install stairs in the elevator shaft area. Something like a fire escape, but the stairs would be in place of the elevator. I guess time will tell if this is true or not.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Well, since the only people that would benefit from the elevator would be those that are in the pressbox, it's no big loss.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I thought the elevator was mandatory to meet the ADA Standards for Accessible Design. Sec.36.401 does provided for exemptions. http://www.ada.gov/reg3a.html#Anchor-83522

If it is true maybe they should reconsider.
http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buffaloerie/story/493178.html

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
I thought the elevator was mandatory to meet the ADA Standards for Accessible Design. Sec.36.401 does provided for exemptions. http://www.ada.gov/reg3a.html#Anchor-83522

If it is true maybe they should reconsider.
http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buffaloerie/story/493178.html
If it is mandatory, than how many handicap people are in the press box? How many handicap people where going to be able to use the elevator? Do not take me wrong. I am not trying to argue with you. I am putting questions on the table, so to speak. I myself have a handicap. I sometimes have to walk with a cane due to an injury. When my sister purchased our season tickets this last past year, she though it would be nice to be up high away from all the traffic. So she got our tickets second row from the top, and forgot about my walking/climbing problem until after the fact. I was only able to make it to the top for the first game at home. After that we sat in general admission because of me and my knee. This next year she is going to have to go to trade days to exchange our tickets to lower seats. If I knew I could use the "elevator" (because of my handicap) than I would keep our seats, ride the elevator to the top, than walk two rows down to our seats. That would be great, but we were told the elevator was for the "press box only use". If that is true, than that does not sound to ADA Standards for Accessible Design to me.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Removing the lower level of the press box to reduce costs made it more of an issue to use the elevator to reach general seating. With the original 3 level design, the bottom level had easy elevator access to the general seating and probably some handicapped seating. With only 2 levels it would be necessary to walk through the press box to the side doors in order to reach the stadium seating. I doubt they want a lot of extra traffic doing that. Not to mention the security risk.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
It's up ! ! ! !

DSCF4503.jpg

DSCF4495.jpg

DSCF4498.jpg

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores