Indian Stadium Renovation

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
As big as the building is, seems like it would have lockers for JV/Freshman that could be used. So if the old gym is history, will they send them over to the new one? With the new wing being built, it will be a long hike over there.

badndn

500+ Posts
squaw said:
IndianFan said:
Wonder if visitors will use a locker room in the field house this season. They're tearing down the old gym right?

Have never seen the inside of the 'new' PNG field house. Does it have a locker room that could be used by visiting teams?
No, visiting teams were sent to the old boy's gym (un-airconditioned, at that). I thought that really showed no class at all when you build a new fieldhouse and do not allow for visitors. Its like having guests come to my house and telling them to use the porta-potty out in the yard! lol
Squaw, it's called home field advantage. You don't make the visiting team comfortable. You also don't spend a bunch of extra money on a facility for the visitor that is only used for a few minutes a week!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
squaw said:
IndianFan said:
Wonder if visitors will use a locker room in the field house this season. They're tearing down the old gym right?

Have never seen the inside of the 'new' PNG field house. Does it have a locker room that could be used by visiting teams?
No, visiting teams were sent to the old boy's gym (un-airconditioned, at that). I thought that really showed no class at all when you build a new fieldhouse and do not allow for visitors. Its like having guests come to my house and telling them to use the porta-potty out in the yard! lol
Squaw, it's called home field advantage. You don't make the visiting team comfortable. You also don't spend a bunch of extra money on a facility for the visitor that is only used for a few minutes a week!
Understood, but I think the Indians are classier than others. Locker rooms don't win games.

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
squaw said:
badndn said:
squaw said:
IndianFan said:

Understood, but I think the Indians are classier than others. Locker rooms don't win games.

It's a psychology thing, there is one school, I think it was at college level, that has painted its visitor's locker room pink.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
squaw said:
IndianFan said:

Squaw, if I ever come to visit you, I will make sure to go to the bathroom before I get there.... :cheesy:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Since they are gutting and rebuilding the old gym, I guess it won't be such a bad place to use. Wonder if that will be completed by football season?

bandkid

Staff member
The school and the stadium are both going to look very nice when this is all said and done with. We just have to deal with the traffic problems and the construction noises (You can hear them all over the school. Sometimes, in certain areas, the rooms start shaking.) for another year and a half.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Another aerial shot...

http://beaumontenterprise.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=20532654&event=600950&CategoryID=45572

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Comparison of old and new stadium...

texasbob_png.jpg

oldstadium1.jpg

squaw

1,000+ Posts
EX79NDN said:
squaw said:
IndianFan said:

Squaw, if I ever come to visit you, I will make sure to go to the bathroom before I get there.... :cheesy:
lol....you are welcome anytime!

NDNband69

500+ Posts
A shot on this gray Monday.

DSCF4555.jpg

Painting is going on inside of the press box today.
I also heard from another contact that the elevator crew might arrive tomorrow.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
PNGIndianFan06 said:
squaw said:
badndn said:
squaw said:
IndianFan said:

It's a psychology thing, there is one school, I think it was at college level, that has painted its visitor's locker room pink.

Its Iowa hawkeys i believe.But the new field house isnt like the one before it.The old one use to have a seperate locker room for varisty,the new one the varisty and jv are only divided by a half wall.and the freshmen are just right behind the varisty locker you would only have to walk a couple of feet to get to it.So anything you said or did could be seen or heard by the visting team

pnggrad05

The reason they stopped letting the visitors use the freshman locker room in the field house for games was because there became a problem with theft. Many of the players on the freshman team where getting their lockers broken into and stuff stolen.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
NDNband69 said:
A shot on this gray Monday.

DSCF4555.jpg

Painting is going on inside of the press box today.
I also heard from another contact that the elevator crew might arrive tomorrow.

That looks like a collegiate press box!!!

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
..and to think that the beneficiaries of those diggs will be the writers from the Port Arthur Snooze and the Beaumont Surprise :)

squaw

1,000+ Posts
modmouse78 said:
Press box is looking good. I can't wait for next season.
Don't you think the purple letters don't show well against the dark gray? Seems like gray should be lighter. How many days left until football season? I'm waiting, too.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores