Indian Stadium Renovation

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
You know..... the brick alongside of the "Port Neches-Groves ISD" sign would be a beautiful place to honor the state champion teams in the past (and the ones to come ;)). It would also be a great place to list the district championship, area championships, region championship years etc..... Just a thought.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
So the rumors of the elevator being cut are false.

After everything is completed, it would be really cool if the district allowed tours of the press box. Or at least publish detailed pictures.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
Looking at the pictures, the color does not look that bad. Maybe pictures do it justice. I do not know how it looks in person. True, it would have really looked good if it had been all brick. Hey maybe they should have sold bricks (like they did for the patio/cafeteria area) to finish the rest of the project. I also agree that posting (in the shape of Texas) all our past football accomplishments on both sides of the emblem would be nice. :clap:

I am also glad to hear that not installing the elevator was a rumor. :woot: I can not wait to tell my (cough) "brothers wife" that her information source is uninformed and false. She always thinks she knows it all since she works in a department for the district.

NONS81

I saw the big Indian Head on the pressbox today - it looks nice!!! But really and truely, the big tall pressbox looks top heavy to me, like it could just fall forward or something. It is just way to big, in my opinion. Not trying to be negative, just an observation....

NONS81

IndianFan said:
It's a big, spacious, awesome press box that will serve the district for many years to come.

Oh, it is spacious alright!!! Still looks top heavy to me, though. However, I am sure that it was built sturdy enough to sustain any storm that may direct itself our way!!!

tribesman

100+ Posts
That first pic with the side view looks dark grey. But the next pics from the back look more brownish to me...Does anyone else notice this, or am I color blind. If the true color is more like the last few pics, then I don't think that it looks that bad...

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Ok.....let's play.....where's Waldo. Do you see it?
The sign. Port Neches-Groves Indians.

DSCF4521.jpg

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Wonder if visitors will use a locker room in the field house this season. They're tearing down the old gym right?

Have never seen the inside of the 'new' PNG field house. Does it have a locker room that could be used by visiting teams?

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
I wonder if we could get some pictures of them tearing down the old boys gym. :'( :'( Other than the football field, that would be the second place on the Reservation that has some fond memories. A lot of Pep Rallies in that gym. Expecially the Pep Rallies of the 70's. I remember when the TV stations would come to our Pep Rallies. :clap: :clap:

NONS81

EX79NDN said:
I wonder if we could get some pictures of them tearing down the old boys gym. :'( :'( Other than the football field, that would be the second place on the Reservation that has some fond memories. A lot of Pep Rallies in that gym. Expecially the Pep Rallies of the 70's. I remember when the TV stations would come to our Pep Rallies. :clap: :clap:

I remember going to a Pep Rally - Must have been a playoff pep rally it was at night in the gym. The Indian Spirit was in the lobby and I was so scared of him!! I backed up as I walked by and he saw I was scared and walked over to me and shook my hand - talk about a thrill. I was about 11 or 12 but still that was a scary thing and a thrill at the same time. I think it was Dan (can't think of his last name) in like 1974 or 1975.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Wonder if visitors will use a locker room in the field house this season. They're tearing down the old gym right?

Have never seen the inside of the 'new' PNG field house. Does it have a locker room that could be used by visiting teams?
No, visiting teams were sent to the old boy's gym (un-airconditioned, at that). I thought that really showed no class at all when you build a new fieldhouse and do not allow for visitors. Its like having guests come to my house and telling them to use the porta-potty out in the yard! lol

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores