Injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
90NDN said:
pngmom4 said:
yes, and we have Mr.Comer. Enough said!!!! She also always has homework in her Pre-Ap Physics class.

Not to get off topic, but is (I call him coach) teaching anything above Algebra 2 now?

Also, what happened to Peveto? He's been big lately.

When I was there, Comer was also teaching Pre-Cal.

Ok, back to injuries...Our guys will step in and not miss a beat.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
I am not sure what all he teaches. this will be his last year to teach, he is retiring. He gives so much homework every class. But, my daughter does like him; she actually likes all of her teachers this year, thank goodness.

Bandkid, you can probably help with this question: aren't those failing eligible duing the holiday break? During softball season, in the past our team from across the tracks has allowed those failing to participate during spring break.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Agreed, several post needs to be removed and I don't have the power to do so. Please never call out a kid on here for grades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:stop: :stop: :stop:

90NDN

500+ Posts
I don't think he was calling him out due to "Grades" in a negative way...but regardless, that's too bad for whatever the reason he might be out.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
not making excuses for the students, but some teachers will work with you and some not. One, particular, will not budge at all.

png tribe

100+ Posts
They shouldn't have to work with them. It's the student's responsibility to take care of his grade's. These day's their grade's are pretty much updated daily and they know their grade's on a day to day basis. If they need help then they need to get it. I know the coaches stated at the beginning of the season that if someone was struggling then they would make sure that they were getting extra help. I don't think it is their responsibility either.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
why are we giving an injury report on the INDIANS on a web site that can be viewed by anyone ? let opposing teams wonder or figure it out for themselves ...............

pngmom4

500+ Posts
png tribe said:
They shouldn't have to work with them. It's the student's responsibility to take care of his grade's. These day's their grade's are pretty much updated daily and they know their grade's on a day to day basis. If they need help then they need to get it. I know the coaches stated at the beginning of the season that if someone was struggling then they would make sure that they were getting extra help. I don't think it is their responsibility either.

I don't know you, so I would assume that you do not have a child in high school yet.

Those teachers are there to teach our kids. I did not say give them anything, I do not believe that is the way to go. However, sometimes some students just don't get what the teacher is trying to teach. Does that make the teacher bad or the student lazy, no. But if that student is havign trouble and he or she is in tutorials on a regular basis, then I think the teacher should take into consideration that the student is putting in extra time and effort.

For example, in my daughter's class just the other week, a test was given. 2 students passed and the rest failed (pretty miserably). The teacher realized that maybe she lost them along the way, so she decided to come to school at 6 am 2 days in a row for tutorials. No way was she required to do this, and I really commend her for giving her own time. IMO. that teacher is just not at the school to recieve her paycheck.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Justafan said:
Agreed, several post needs to be removed and I don't have the power to do so. Please never call out a kid on here for grades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:stop: :stop: :stop:

Removed one. Are there more?

bandkid

Staff member
pngmom4 said:
I am not sure what all he teaches. this will be his last year to teach, he is retiring. He gives so much homework every class. But, my daughter does like him; she actually likes all of her teachers this year, thank goodness.

Bandkid, you can probably help with this question: aren't those failing eligible duing the holiday break? During softball season, in the past our team from across the tracks has allowed those failing to participate during spring break.

I don't really know what happened here but to answer your question, I was always told that ineligibility takes effect at 3:30 on the day that report cards are released (which is almost always a Friday). Students can regain eligibility if they are passing all of their classes when progress reports are released. I'm not sure how holidays factor into that and I'm not sure about what is mandated by the state and what is our school district's policy (or if there's even any difference). That may explain why Nederland does things differently.

And trust me, there are kids in college that are grateful for having Mr. Comer and the other PN-G math teachers. It'll work out.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
yes, and we have Mr.Comer. Enough said!!!! She also always has homework in her Pre-Ap Physics class.

I have a kid in both of those classes. The amount of time it takes to do 10 problems in Comer's class is crazy. She did homework one night from 5:45 until midnight and only stopped to eat and go to the restroom. Totally crazy I tell you.

Indian03

100+ Posts
Because we have a week-long holiday, all students are eligible for activities this week through next weekend. (Holiday weeks do not count against you, i.e. Christmas break, etc.)

pngmom4

500+ Posts
NDNNAtion, I would be nice to have only 10 problems. I sometimes look at the homework sheet and see atleast 40 problems. Bandkid you are right, they will be better for having had Mr. Comer. With math, the more you do, the more you learn.

So Indian03, does that make any of our non-passing eligible? I hope so.

PNG Tribe, ask your child about the how some teachers give extra points in class for different things. ie, points for bringing papers towels, points for the best point spread of the football game. As I said, I don't believe in giving grades, but some of the teachers try to help those kids to get that extra half point that they may need. It not only helps those failing, it also helps those who may have an 89.3 and they really want that 90 when grades go in.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
NDNNAtion, I would be nice to have only 10 problems. I sometimes look at the homework sheet and see atleast 40 problems. Bandkid you are right, they will be better for having had Mr. Comer. With math, the more you do, the more you learn.

So Indian03, does that make any of our non-passing eligible? I hope so.

PNG Tribe, ask your child about the how some teachers give extra points in class for different things. ie, points for bringing papers towels, points for the best point spread of the football game. As I said, I don't believe in giving grades, but some of the teachers try to help those kids to get that extra half point that they may need. It not only helps those failing, it also helps those who may have an 89.3 and they really want that 90 when grades go in.

Oh no there were more that is just how long it took her to do 10 of the problems she had. The rest she did in class.

Yes, we have sent paper towels before and mine have both gotten the extra points for the closest score of the game.

Indian03

100+ Posts
pngmom4--yes, any student who does not pass the second six weeks will keep their eligibility status until after the holiday break and they return to school. Translation: Anyone who failed will get to participate this week and next week (if we win Saturday!) since both of those games would be during the holiday. They lose their status when they return to school on Monday the 29th.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
great news Indian03. I wish we did not have this problem, but we will deal with it. Who knows, maybe the one who gets playing time will really surprise us. I know I was amazed when Hugo got some playing time during the Central game. I wondered where the heck he had been. He was really good

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores