Injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

png tribe

100+ Posts
Does anyone know what player's were hurt and will not be playing this week? I know our center went out hurt and I seen Jorgenson in and out of the game with a shoulder injury. They moved a freshman db up today and told him that they had lost a db to an injury. I don't remember seeing any db's hurt Friday.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I wish they would move up all the underclassmen (FR - JR) from the sub-varsity teams ... let those kids practice with the Varsity, get them some Friday/Saturday-night exposure to the speed and intensity of the game as they watch it from the sidelines (and see what the coaches and starters must do during in-game situations), and then use whatever depth we need due to injuries, grades, or whatever else causes a 1st or 2nd stringer to go down. Stack them 4 and 5 deep on the sidelines the way Katy and Austin Westlake do dressing out 120+. (1) it could be intimidating for a smaller school to see 120+ Indian warm bodies in purple and white; (2) it is a reward for the underclassmen who busted it all year long; (3) it is an incentive for the underclassmen to bust it during the offseason for a shot at Varsity next year; and, (4) you never know who you might need on any given Friday/Saturday. Let's send 10+ buses full of players ... this is valuable experience and practice time. We need to create as many scout teams as possible that go 100 mph so our Varsity will be ready to execute. Move'em up and tell them to be and Indian, you need to practice like one. Get after it. Then, next Aug., we'll have 300+ kids ready to suit up 9-12 ... everyone wants to be part of a winner.

Go Indians. Peace.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I don't see them moving a freshman up to varsity for a DB. There are several Sophomores and Juniors that are lights out on the D from the JV. IF there was a Freshman D back that good he would have been on the JV or already on the Varsity. I agree with bringing the entire JV up to the varsity level. Right now they only brought up the Juniors. Those boys that were sitting outside during half time were the Juniors they brought up off of the JV team.

carzan

500+ Posts
png tribe said:
Anyone know why the guy's that got moved up had to sit outside during halftime?
I have heard that the guys moved up do not enter the locker room at anytime. Before the game or at halftime.

bark

1,000+ Posts
I saw the guys outside the lockerroom too. I think it sucks, if your nice enough to invite me don't make me sit outside.

I know some will shoot me down on this - but it is my opinion - no one is right or wrong, it is just that, an opinion.

I get a lot of heat for comparing to the past BUT here goes! in a previous regime they made a point that all felt a part of the team. Having to sit outside is not that feeling.

It is Faircloth's team and his decision - I respect it, but don't agree

Lets look forward to another win!!!

lu cards

100+ Posts
same situation as last year.all jrs are given the option of being moved up.they arent allowed to participate in everything but they get a great seat to watch the game.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
In my humble opinion......THAT SUCKS. Why move them up if they are not even allowed in the locker room. Sorry but that isn't team building in my opinion and that is all this is MY opinion.

dayton1

NDN NATION said:
In my humble opinion......THAT SUCKS. Why move them up if they are not even allowed in the locker room. Sorry but that isn't team building in my opinion and that is all this is MY opinion.

Dayton does the same thing at some playoff venues. Could be the size of the locker rooms... 'Cause they didn't do it at the butch but did a couple of years ago at Galena Park

lu cards

100+ Posts
1989NDN said:
I wish they would move up all the underclassmen (FR - JR) from the sub-varsity teams ... let those kids practice with the Varsity, get them some Friday/Saturday-night exposure to the speed and intensity of the game as they watch it from the sidelines (and see what the coaches and starters must do during in-game situations), and then use whatever depth we need due to injuries, grades, or whatever else causes a 1st or 2nd stringer to go down. Stack them 4 and 5 deep on the sidelines the way Katy and Austin Westlake do dressing out 120+. (1) it could be intimidating for a smaller school to see 120+ Indian warm bodies in purple and white; (2) it is a reward for the underclassmen who busted it all year long; (3) it is an incentive for the underclassmen to bust it during the offseason for a shot at Varsity next year; and, (4) you never know who you might need on any given Friday/Saturday. Let's send 10+ buses full of players ... this is valuable experience and practice time. We need to create as many scout teams as possible that go 100 mph so our Varsity will be ready to execute. Move'em up and tell them to be and Indian, you need to practice like one. Get after it. Then, next Aug., we'll have 300+ kids ready to suit up 9-12 ... everyone wants to be part of a winner.

Go Indians. Peace.
the entire jv is practicing with varsity.freshmen are still practicing also.i think it boils down to $$$.times are tough and we could use the money in other areas.im all for bringing up more kids but until the economy picks up it may be the right call.

lu cards

100+ Posts
NDN NATION said:
my understanding is there given the option of dressing out.practice is not optional but all jrs can travel with team if they choose to.not taking a side one way or the other but rather making sure everyone knows its optional.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Ever heard of logistics? There is a lot going on inside a locker room during a halftime. Probably not enough room for everyone. However I also agree it doesn't seem right to treat the "new" guys differently because they are part of the team. Wish I had a solution. Maybe they could go to the bus so everyone wouldn't see them being treating as 2nd class people. Any other ideas?

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
lu cards said:
NDN NATION said:
my understanding is there given the option of dressing out.practice is not optional but all jrs can travel with team if they choose to.not taking a side one way or the other but rather making sure everyone knows its optional.

I see as I have said I have no dog in this.

phetonb

lu cards said:
NDN NATION said:

I know that all these young men are proud to be there. In my opinion, having ALL of them in the locker room "could" be a problem. Why upset the season long locker room atmosphere to add in extra players that WILL NOT PLAY?? Extra bodies makes for extra noise, and less room for the PLAYERS that will play. Perhaps Coach Faircloth knows this and has his rules this way for a reason.

If I were a Jr. on JV and given the option to go and suit out, even though I would not play or be in the locker room, I would do it. The excitement of being on the sideline must be special for those JV Players that go.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I encourage everyone to join the Booster Club and if you're a member already please come to the meetings. It's a great chance to ask questions about decisions like this. Coach is more than willing to answer questions and explain how decisions were made.

pnprntkal

As much as it hurts our hearts to see the boys sitting outside, I know 99% are just proud as heck to be there and be any part of the experience! This was a bit of an issue last year as well (with some parents...not kids). You have to keep it in perspective...it's an opportunity to be a part of something great and hopefully give these kids a glimpse of next year and an incentive to continue working hard. Let's don't cry about what we DON'T get and just be happy for what we DO get!

dayton1

you guys have a huge team #'s wise. Adding 20+ to the locker room would be really crowded. Like someone else said. I wouldn't change the atmosphere/chemistry in the locker room of a team with a 6 game winning streak for anything.

pnprntkal

NDN NATION said:
I didn't even think about the atmosphere already in place in the locker room. So I rescind my humble opinion.
Exactly why I qualified my statement. As a mother, you automatically feel bad for them and it's hard to keep it in perspective! ;)

indian17

I have to add my two cents again and I believe last year this same thread was going on. I played during the Malone era in 89 we went to the playoffs we were not allowed to go in the locker room with the varsity and we didn't care because we got to go on the field and be on the sideline during the games. It was great and we did not complain one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores