Livingston Updates!!!! Game Thread

NDN76

MY DOG
Liv taking a knee to run the clock out.....an NDN was off sides......1st and 5 from the 21.....1:15 and running.....Liv takes another knee.....clock running.....1 more knee and it's over.

I, for 1, am very PROUD we play a clean game......Liv, including the Liv Coaches, need to take a hint from PNG.

L8TR folks. I'm outta here

NDN76

MY DOG
Torino said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
Indian defender just mouthed off. Dang it.
Spoke with my son a few minutes ago--a somewhat recent PNG athlete. He says old school guys like me cannot imagine the verbal abuse and cheap shots our guys are absorbing.

Trust me on this.......it has been happening since Football was invented.....the words have gotten more intense, but it is still there. What matters is HOW the game is played. No elbows or knees, no punching in the pile and so on. Boys will be boys with language, but it is their actions that matter. At least that's my opinion.

Torino

500+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
Nice try, a win would have been an upset.
I don't accept that. Our community expects, and pays for, a program that should be favored, or at least 50-50, to win every game until the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs.
I think we were on target to do so 2 years ago. Don't know what has happened since...

NDN76

MY DOG
Anyhoo......Good game INDIANS. Use this as a rallying point and WIN all the rest.....I gotta go to get up early and get the ol chopper out.............GREAT, Pink Floyd on Cool 92.5........Maybe I'll wait until it's over.

L8TR and stay well all...................

:hookem: :texasflag:

Torino

500+ Posts
NDN76 said:
Torino said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
Indian defender just mouthed off. Dang it.
Spoke with my son a few minutes ago--a somewhat recent PNG athlete. He says old school guys like me cannot imagine the verbal abuse and cheap shots our guys are absorbing.

Trust me on this.......it has been happening since Football was invented.....the words have gotten more intense, but it is still there. What matters is HOW the game is played. No elbows or knees, no punching in the pile and so on. Boys will be boys with language, but it is their actions that matter. At least that's my opinion.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Torino said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
I don't accept that. Our community expects, and pays for, a program that should be favored, or at least 50-50, to win every game until the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs.
I think we were on target to do so 2 years ago. Don't know what has happened since...
And here we go....ridiculous.

bandkid

Staff member
The Indians will be fine. This game was a lot closer than the score indicates. Livingston managed to pull away in the fourth quarter, but the Indians showed an impressive effort throughout the game and went toe-to-toe with a very physical Livingston team that is seriously favored for the district title. Faircloth and his staff will have the Indians more than ready for MCM.

I do have one question. What was the deal with the penalties? My stream wasn't the most reliable and Livingston's fans being so close to the pressbox didn't help, but I thought I heard both teams get penalties on a play sometime around the end of the third quarter and it seemed like Livingston had a penalty on every play in one of the drives during the first half. Then something about a PN-G player mouthing off to a ref and ejection threats? That doesn't sound like the Indians.

bandkid

Staff member
ndnsrock44 said:
bamakid..big game in Tuscaloosca...you going?

Wouldn't miss it for the world. The quad's already covered in tailgating tents, the game is just about sold out and one of my roommates is experimenting with body paint as we speak (no, I won't be wearing any ;D).

Torino

500+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
Torino said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
And here we go....ridiculous.
You are right. We have an inexperienced team that still has a lot of time to improve, and good coaches to make it happen. Grown-ups like me shouldn't get as disappointed.

Ndnpride

Great posts NDN76. Thanks!!! Had to wait till this morning to read the posts. For some reason my browser would not load the message boards last night. Sounds like we had too many turnovers and could not keep their running back in check when they got the ball back. We will be alright and ready for next week. I'll see y'all at the MCM game.

Indian99

500+ Posts
bamakid said:
ndnsrock44 said:
bamakid..big game in Tuscaloosca...you going?

Wouldn't miss it for the world. The quad's already covered in tailgating tents, the game is just about sold out and one of my roommates is experimenting with body paint as we speak (no, I won't be wearing any ;D).

Ahhh, college... ;D

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A loss is never easy, but there are positives to take away from this one. And
Livingston is going to do the same to every team in the district. They have too many weapons.

Just looking at the stats, it seems that the offensive line still needs to improve to help the running game and give Miller more time to pass. Miller is on a pace to surpass Doty's stats from last season. And has a higher completion percentage.

Team Stats
PNG Livingston
Total yards 358 387
First downs 11 15
Rushes/Yds 28/114 52/387
Average rush 4.07 7.44
Comp/Atts 17/28/2 0/1/0
Pass yards 244 0
Comp pct 60.71 0
Punts 2 0
Punting Yards 32 0
Punting Average 16 0
Fumbles/Lost 1/1 2/0
Penalties-yards 10-85 7-82

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Honestly, I think we hurt ourselves last night. Numerous occasions we could have scored, and one time we did, but penaly's hurt us. Getting down close and we have the yellow flag on the ground. Yeah pass protection and run blocking needs some work, but they did do a very dang good job against the speed of Livingstons D. I say take what happened and make it better and grow from it. I'm not disappointed in the game, Yes I do wish we would have one this one and probably could have, but we played a team with a hell of alot of weapons. I have a feeling no one else will match up to them any better than PNG in district. Mental mistakes and penalty's cost us. I'm proud of this team for their hard work and never giving up.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
I think there was an advantage of playing such a tough team right out of the gate.

There are many things the NDN's can take away fro this game. I have every expectation that Coach Faircloth will have these boys ready for the Mid County Madness as well as the district. Our boys always play tough and I only think it's a matter of time before we see the advantage of having the kind of coaching staff we have. Everyone needs to support the boys and realize that we lost to a very good and explosive Livingston squad last night. I think it's gonna be tough this year in district(as usual) but I do see 20 4-A making a statement in this years playoffs.

Keep believing in our boys!!!! Let's go NDN's. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
Honestly, I think we hurt ourselves last night. Numerous occasions we could have scored, and one time we did, but penaly's hurt us. Getting down close and we have the yellow flag on the ground. Yeah pass protection and run blocking needs some work, but they did do a very dang good job against the speed of Livingstons D. I say take what happened and make it better and grow from it. I'm not disappointed in the game, Yes I do wish we would have one this one and probably could have, but we played a team with a hell of alot of weapons. I have a feeling no one else will match up to them any better than PNG in district. Mental mistakes and penalty's cost us. I'm proud of this team for their hard work and never giving up.

Stupid personal fouls the past 2 yrs have killed us!!!!! The one on defense cost us any chance of winning that game lastnight. If our defense don't start containing the corners its going to be a long year.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
I HAVE to reply although I wanted to maintain a positive attitude. The officials were almost as bad as the ones in Texas City last year. They couldn't even count off 15 yards and placing the ball after the plays gave them extra yardage. Houston refs-----'nuff said.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Yeah Squaw I heard the announcers on the radio talking about the officiating and the yardage mark offs. Seems like alot of flags were thrown for no reason and alot were not thrown at all for very blatant calls that should have been. I thought their big running back was rejected and then all the sudden wasn't, I got confused by the radio about it. I know there were a heck of alot of personal fouls called. Oh well, in the past and we can't change it. I really want and hope the team and coaches can see what needs to be worked on and changed to make immediate impacts for future games. I know our strengths and weakness' were exposed. Something to take and either build on or change. There is alot of talent on the sidelines I think the coaches will begin to use. Should be fun to watch from here on out !

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores