Looks like this board might get read a little.........

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
curiousfan...What I find curious is that BOTH of your posts, that's right, all two of them, have been to defend Balsamo. Very curious. Lets not get distracted about leaflets. The point of this is that Brad Burnett turned against the Brown family after the many years of support he received from them. That fact is not in question. Once again, you sure know a lot about Balsamo.....hmmmmmm.....curious.

2weeter

Is there any interest, or should I say, willingness to drop our "chat names" and come out. Possibly meet for a civil exchange to get these rumors addressed and stop attacking each other. I've seen a great group of Indian fans divided on what seems to be rumors and half truths. I'm not a regular poster, but I do "enjoy" reading the post. Looks like we've twisted what we think we know and it would really benefit all of PNG fans to - at least know the truth. This thread has attacked just about every board member, and some former members, in one way or another. Until you've stepped in their shoes (board members) I can only say that we do not know all of the facts and directives. Just my 2 cents - Russell Hawkins PNGISD board member 2003-2006

C

curiousfan

I am also not a regular poster but I do read the post. Notice I did not say enjoy reading the post. There is so much bashing of people on here I doubt people would want to expose themselves. I feel sorry for the people that are named as well as their families. I know I can look myself in the mirror and know that I have not deliberately posted anything that names people or their families. I would be devestated if I knew that something I posted in some way or another was hurtful. Yes, I only have two previous post and this is my third and last.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
2weeter said:
Is there any interest, or should I say, willingness to drop our "chat names" and come out. Possibly meet for a civil exchange to get these rumors addressed and stop attacking each other. I've seen a great group of Indian fans divided on what seems to be rumors and half truths. I'm not a regular poster, but I do "enjoy" reading the post. Looks like we've twisted what we think we know and it would really benefit all of PNG fans to - at least know the truth. This thread has attacked just about every board member, and some former members, in one way or another. Until you've stepped in their shoes (board members) I can only say that we do not know all of the facts and directives. Just my 2 cents - Russell Hawkins PNGISD board member 2003-2006

I have no issues with people being anonymous. What bothers me is some elected officials get on here and try to bash there way to gain a vote. They make up several different user names and TRY to pretend to be someone else but we all know who they are.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
curiousfan said:
I know for a fact that Balsamo did not have any leaflets printed to be handed out at the polls. If in fact Burnett was handing something out he must have had them printed himself. I don't doubt that he supported Balsamo but the leaflet issue has me curious. Ridgewood? I wonder why there since both elections that Balsamo was involved in the voting was done at City Hall in Port Neches and the Curriculum Center in Groves. I am not calling anyone a liar, I am just a bit confused. :huh:

mdog...I agree with you 100%. Great post.
I just reported what Brad and others said. Brad did NOT pass out leaflets for Balsamo. Good post, mdog. Great to see saner heads around PN.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
2weeter said:

The concerns about keeping Coach Faircloth here are not rumors.

akifan94

500+ Posts
squaw said:
curiousfan said:
I know for a fact that Balsamo did not have any leaflets printed to be handed out at the polls. If in fact Burnett was handing something out he must have had them printed himself. I don't doubt that he supported Balsamo but the leaflet issue has me curious. Ridgewood? I wonder why there since both elections that Balsamo was involved in the voting was done at City Hall in Port Neches and the Curriculum Center in Groves. I am not calling anyone a liar, I am just a bit confused. :huh:

mdog...I agree with you 100%. Great post.
I just reported what Brad and others said. Brad did NOT pass out leaflets for Balsamo. Good post, mdog. Great to see saner heads around PN.

Or they voting again or not on the coach? Why is it that anyone that does not buy into your beliefs is not sane? I have nothing personal against you but you or no one else has given one statement of fact to show that any of this is bogus. I thank you for your dedication to the Indians, but that means absolutely nothing when it comes to what is and is not happening on our school board. Do you really think any of them will come out and say they are being pulled by politics? Get real. They don't have to when it shows in their voting and overall ignorance. Claiming fiscal responsibility and blaming a budget is only going to get them so far.

The thing that really gets me is when Balsamo votes down the SA football game he is hailed as a freaking hero but I can promise you if our board as a whole would have shot that game down there would have been a 500 page thread on this board full of pissed off people. Some of you falling for the see no evil hear no evil practices would have been the ring leaders.

VegasNDN

Seems as though the good old world of politics has rooted itself in the PNG community. Although I'm not quite sure what to think of this thread, I do have some interesting info from Vegas.

My dad (PNG grad, all-district football & baseball, 30yr season ticket holder) was just in Vegas for a visit and we discussed this message board and the hot topics. He rolled his eyes as it pertained to MB and made no bones about the fact that Faircloth will in fact leave PNG very soon. It's not for the lack of support or the many assumptions on this message board. It's for the simple fact that he has a deep desire to coach at a much higher level than high school. So let's stop the bickering, embrace this man and his staff for as long as they are here, and root like crazy for a really good man. Pray that God leads this man in the direction that's best suited for his family and where he can make the biggest impact on the lives of young men.

Oh...and where did my dad get this information? From the family that watches BF's special needs son. Which if you were in that circle (I'm not for the record ;), nothing I just wrote would come as a surprise.

So how many days until two-a-days start...

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I have no issues with him having a goal of wanting to coach at a higher level. No matter what he does he has made us better and our program can built on that regardless of whose coaching. He is building PNG a winning foundation.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
Great post Vegas NDN. Coach Faircloth has brought exctiement back to PNG and we should relish this time. We can't blame him for wanting to move up the ranks in coaching. Let's just be happy that he is here now and enjoy the time instead of all the fighting.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
It takes time to jump from HS to college and beyond. It took Art Briles (Stephenville), Todd Dodge (SLC), Alan Weddell (LaMarque), and Chad Morris (Bay City, Stephenville, and Lake Travis) approx. a decade to make the jump ... and all of those men won multiple state championships and cultivated dynasties at the HS level. Even some of the most successful HS coaches never make the jump - see Tom Kimbrough (Plano). Never be afraid to lose a coach due to success. If that happens then there must have been one heck of a ride. Coach Faircloth is well paid ... we had some success in 2009 ... we are positioned for more success. The man can coach, scheme, and develop QBs. In TX HS football it is critical to have a good QB ... schools that develop QBs win and win a lot. Support the coaches, support the kids in all the athletic/academic/school programs, give money to the PN-G Booster Club so we can give resources to as many programs as possible, and enjoy the ride. Who knows, Coach Faircloth may like it enough to stay and carve out a niche ala Briles, Dodge, and Weddell. Ethridge stayed for 10 years ... then change happens. Hang on to Coach Faircloth ... get the school board, administration, and community behind him and some great things can happen. If Odessa Permian, Austin Westlake, Highland Park, or another long established money program comes along and steals him away, then go find the next Coach Faircloth, Art Briles, Todd Dodge, etc. Never be afraid of success. Embrace it; enjoy it.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Justafan said:
I have no issues with him having a goal of wanting to coach at a higher level. No matter what he does he has me us better and our program can built on that regardless of whose coaching. He is building PNG a winning foundation.
I totally agree. I'm hoping that once his kids get in school here and they realize that this is an exceptionally fine community and school district that he and the other coaches will want to stay. Coach Faircloth is young enough to stay ten or more years and get his children an excellent academic education and then move on to higher ground.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
I would be tickled to death to have him here for ten years. No one who has posted their concerns are worried about him moving up when the time comes in his career for him to do so. We just don't want him to leave prematurely. hopefully we will have him for a long time and he will put us back in statewide prominence. Then we will have big time candidates lining up for the job.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
I would be tickled to death to have him here for ten years. No one who has posted their concerns are worried about him moving up when the time comes in his career for him to do so. We just don't want him to leave prematurely. hopefully we will have him for a long time and he will put us back in statewide prominence. Then we will have big time candidates lining up for the job.
OMG, we agree on something! Maybe if you really knew me personally you would see that we probably agree more than disagree. I'm all about athletics, particulary football.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
VegasNDN said:
Seems as though the good old world of politics has rooted itself in the PNG community. Although I'm not quite sure what to think of this thread, I do have some interesting info from Vegas.

My dad (PNG grad, all-district football & baseball, 30yr season ticket holder) was just in Vegas for a visit and we discussed this message board and the hot topics. He rolled his eyes as it pertained to MB and made no bones about the fact that Faircloth will in fact leave PNG very soon. It's not for the lack of support or the many assumptions on this message board. It's for the simple fact that he has a deep desire to coach at a much higher level than high school. So let's stop the bickering, embrace this man and his staff for as long as they are here, and root like crazy for a really good man. Pray that God leads this man in the direction that's best suited for his family and where he can make the biggest impact on the lives of young men.

Oh...and where did my dad get this information? From the family that watches BF's special needs son. Which if you were in that circle (I'm not for the record ;), nothing I just wrote would come as a surprise.

I know that one of BF's asst coaches has a "special needs son" but I don't think BF has.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
OldEagle said:
VegasNDN said:

I know that one of BF's asst coaches has a "special needs son" but I don't think BF has.
You are correct oldeagle. It is one of his assistants, not Coach Faircloth's son.

Torino

500+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
OldEagle said:
VegasNDN said:

You are correct oldeagle. It is one of his assistants, not Coach Faircloth's son.
OK, I’ll agree that VegasNDN is not in the circle. I’ll go further and say his father is not a member of the circle, either, since he got the parentage of the child confused. I’m just wary when anyone says “let’s stop the bickering,” “let’s move on,” “let’s put this behind us,” etc. because I fear the motivation is to give a free pass to the Burnett family, their cheerleader Squaw, and the School Board members who are obstructing the progress in the Athletic Department (and the progress has gone beyond football) for their own purposes. If protecting the problem-causers isn’t the motive for “moving on” in this case it certainly will be the result.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores