MCM Tickets

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
So, I know MANY people didn’t get tickets at all but for those who did, does anyone else think the new system used this year was absolutely TERRIBLE? I mean, since ticket sales have gone online it’s been a pain with glitches and stuff whenever the game is “over there” but I think this was the WORST experience yet! First there were issues with the code then once that was resolved I still couldn’t get in and had to call our Athletic secretary. Come to find out there was a case sensitivity issue with how they had my last name in the system so I was able to get tickets once that got straightened out but less than 50 tickets were left, ALL reserved and NONE together…there’s NO general admission section this year…UGH! That’s gonna be a ton of fun trying to work out cause I don’t mind sitting by myself if necessary but my daughter has 3 small kids so that’s not an option for her.
Anyway, trying not to complain cause at least I got tickets but I’m just not understanding why ALL seats are reserved in the first place…wouldn’t GA, first come first served be easier??

bandkid

Staff member
Are we sure the reservations are a PN-GISD decision? As I understood it when the controversy erupted this morning, PN-G had to call over to Nederland ISD to resolve the issues.

If I'm correct, I'm not sure there's anything we can do about whether Nederland includes a general admission section.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like buggy software. The system shouldn’t be checking case when applying a filter or search. Or at the very least provide an option to turn that on and off. Very simple code change to mitigate that. Problems also often exist with special characters such as a name that includes an apostrophe.

They can probably charge more for reserved seats. And it eliminates fighting over seats.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Are we sure the reservations are a PN-GISD decision? As I understood it when the controversy erupted this morning, PN-G had to call over to Nederland ISD to resolve the issues.

If I'm correct, I'm not sure there's anything we can do about whether Nederland includes a general admission section.
Yeah, all issues with the password had to be handled through NISD. The email that went out to season ticket holders said the PASSWORD was case sensitive and name when purchasing tickets had to match the name on your PNG season ticket account and I verified that FIRST…it was correct on PayK12 but apparently they had a lower case letter in the system that should’ve been upper case…I got one of those little “c” big “C” last names…lol! Prior to this year, NISD always had a certain # of reserved seats on visitor side and once those were sold, the rest were in GA section but not the case this year…ALL are reserved seats.

Davidp43

100+ Posts
The other issue was alot people had like 100 tickets in there basket too and was able to check out like that. Alot of seats might end up empty with the early forecast of rain. I like having home field but need to truly look at Lamar just like the UT & OU game in Dallas. The schools wouldn't miss out on a whole lot of loss revenue due to increased ticket sales probably by 20k

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Back in the late 80’s there was literally acid in the air around LU stadium. You could even taste it. It was also eating away the bleachers. Has that improved any? :)

Indian99

500+ Posts
The other issue was alot people had like 100 tickets in there basket too and was able to check out like that. Alot of seats might end up empty with the early forecast of rain. I like having home field but need to truly look at Lamar just like the UT & OU game in Dallas. The schools wouldn't miss out on a whole lot of loss revenue due to increased ticket sales probably by 20k
You could only buy the amount of season tickets you hold at PNG games. I was luckily able to get my 4, but it was stressful. They used to let you purchase Ned tickets at the same time you bought season tickets and everything was general admission. Hope something changes after this season. In my opinion, both Ned and PNG need to get away from payk12 for tickets, there are much better options out there.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I was able to get my allotment fairly easily
I got my allotment too and I’m thankful for that but it was NOT easy….lol! It went smoothly for most after they fixed the password problem but there were A LOT of other errors in our system with spelling and case sensitivity of people’s names on their season ticket holder account. Mine was correct in PayK12 but just glad I called Athletic secretary and figured out the problem or I would’ve be SOL.

Torino

500+ Posts
I have advocated using LU stadium for years.

indians87

Playing the game anywhere but the schools stadiums would not be the same. The atmosphere would not be the same. Plus it would cost the schools money and they would have to abide by that stadiums rules. This game is a big money maker for the school and the clubs that run the concession stands. There is just a certain vibe in the air when they play at their own stadiums then if they played at a neutral sight. Yes Nederland visitors side sucks but that is just part of the nostalgia of the whole rivalry.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
As frustrating as the ticket situation is, especially for those who have kids participating and couldn’t get tickets but going back to the days of having to camp out to the current technology issues…it’s just all part of the reason we call it Mid County MADNESS!! Yes, moving it to a bigger stadium would solve that but it just wouldn’t be the same.
However, the new ticketing system was TERRIBLE and I think NISD decision not to have a general admission section is gonna create a HUGE Mid County MadMESS because there’s a TON of people and families with small children who MUST sit together that got stuck with reserved seats scattered all over! I just hope people will be accommodating and keep it civil because it’s not anyone’s fault their system was JACKED UP but I can see it getting UGLY…ugh!

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Texas High vs Arkansas High
Was terrible
So bad that they’ve been playing it for I believe over 100 years
And it got so bad they don’t play it anymore and say they won’t start it up anytime soon.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Of course when I say terrible
It was also fun

Looked it up they’ve played since 1910
It was also the thanksgiving day game

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores