MidCounty Madness Tickets

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
In the past they always had some for sale the week of the game. I'd like to know too cause I have some friends who got season tickets this year and couldn't get any MCM tickets.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
In the past they always had some for sale the week of the game. I'd like to know too cause I have some friends who got season tickets this year and couldn't get any MCM tickets.

They weren't offering the MC tickets when they bought their season tickets? That is odd surely they didn't sell out before then, but they could have.

phetonb

Got mine with my Season Tickets, but the reserved were sold out, so I had to get General Admission. I don't know if all of those sold out or not.

I took my check and order for MCM tickets about 8:15 am the morning after I got my season ticket renewal letter. I was about the 10th one to turn in an order so hopefully I got good seats but one can never tell. I always do that when we are playing Nederland there and at least I do have seats. I heard that season ticket holders purchased all the seats we were sent but don't know that for a fact. Good luck in getting anybody to turn loose of some. When we have had to evacuate, I always take my tickets with me, right along with all those important papers they tell you to take. You know most of the important papers could be replaced easier than MCM tickets in Nederland. Leave mine in the safety deposit box until game day just in case the house burns down. I just don't want to take any chances...they are like gold.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Got mine when I got my season tickets. I could only get general adm.. All reserved seats had been sold out. I'm sure they will still have some left for the students. To bad this game isn't at the REZ again this year. Atleast there would be enough seating !

Torino

500+ Posts
NDN NATION said:
NDNmom91 said:

They weren't offering the MC tickets when they bought their season tickets? That is odd surely they didn't sell out before then, but they could have.
Nederland only allocated around 2,300 tickets to PN-G.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Torino said:
NDN NATION said:
NDNmom91 said:

Nederland only allocated around 2,300 tickets to PN-G.

Those are more likely than not for the reserved sections at Bulldog Stadium. They typically sale general admission tickets for the game during the week of the game.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
I called the Administration Bldg. today to inquire about General Admission tickets. It seems that the General Administration tickets for MidCounty Madness were sold the day after Season Ticket holders were given an opportunity to buy reserved seats for the game. That being said, I was told that the game is sold out for both reserved seats and General Administration. I am not a season ticket holder, but I did not read or hear of the General Administration tickets being sold in the summer for this game. Since when do we sell General Administration tickets 3 months in advance of a game? I may be wrong (and if I am, I apologize), but sounds like another case of the folks in the ticket office doing what ever they want, when ever they want.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Since there are way more that 2300 reserve seats on the home side of Indian Stadium, it makes sense that the ticket office would give existing season ticket holders the option to buy GA tickets to MCM once the 2300 MCM reserve seats sold out. Obviously, those 2300 tickets are coveted by the season ticket holders every time MCM is played in Nederland, as means that they don't have to arrive several hours before the game to stand in line to get a good seat.

From what I can recall, season ticket holders have always been given the option to buy GA tickets for away games that do not offer reserve seating on the vistor's side, which I believe is every away game with the exception of MCM. What is left over, or any additional allocation from the host school, goes on sale the week of the game.

nissanindian

100+ Posts
I pray to god this is a mistake I don't say ..much on here but this is stupid and it needs to be resolved now come hell or high water ill be at that game I am pissed :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
nissanindian said:
I pray to god this is a mistake I don't say ..much on here but this is stupid and it needs to be resolved now come hell or high water ill be at that game I am pissed :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:
Just stating what I was told today when I called the ticket office at 11:30 a.m. You may want to verify by calling the ticket office.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Why only 2300 tickets for PNG fans? That stadium isn't near the size on Indian Stadium but it probably has around 4800-5000 seats on the visitors side. Are you saying that they sold some of those seats to Nederland fans?

NDNband69

500+ Posts
This is why we have fans camping out for tickets. Season ticket holders can buy away game tickets at the same time they get the season tickets. They can only buy up to the amount of season tickets they have for each away game. Those long lines are to insure they get good reserved tickets for MCM. The demand is so high that the reserved seats go pretty quickly, then the remaining general admission seats are sold. This is how it has been done for as long as I can remember.

This is the flyer that was sent to season ticket holders.

http://pngisd.org/modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/446867/File/Announcements/2010%20Season%20Ticket%20Letter.pdf?sessionid=581f6c2d52167b2904042c7af322e81f

NDN79

500+ Posts
You might try calling the NISD ticket office and you may get a better response. Our ticket office seems to not have enough time or interest to answer questions.I got my tickets with my season tickets.

NDN06

100+ Posts
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
I called the Administration Bldg. today to inquire about General Admission tickets. It seems that the General Administration tickets for MidCounty Madness were sold the day after Season Ticket holders were given an opportunity to buy reserved seats for the game. That being said, I was told that the game is sold out for both reserved seats and General Administration. I am not a season ticket holder, but I did not read or hear of the General Administration tickets being sold in the summer for this game. Since when do we sell General Administration tickets 3 months in advance of a game? I may be wrong (and if I am, I apologize), but sounds like another case of the folks in the ticket office doing what ever they want, when ever they want.

Perhaps what happened is that the previous season ticket holders bought all of the reserved seating for the Nederland game, and some on the general admission tickets as well. When the general public had the option to purchse season tickets, they likely purchased the rest of the general admission tickets to the Nederland game. I think I read somewhere that we had sold over 4,000 season tickets (I could be wrong), so it it very likely that all the season ticket holders also bought out all the tickets for the Nederland game as well.

If I were you, I'd watch this site as the game day gets closer... there will likely be people that won't be able to make the game and are looking to get rid of their tickets. GOOD LUCK!

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Why only 2300 tickets for PNG fans? That stadium isn't near the size on Indian Stadium but it probably has around 4800-5000 seats on the visitors side. Are you saying that they sold some of those seats to Nederland fans?
I asked if there would be any general admission tickets for the game. The lady (not very professional or personable) said the game was sold out. I asked when the general administration tickets were sold. The lady said they were sold the day after the season tickets were sold. Someone previously posted that we were given 2300 reserved seat tickets. I don't know, but I would guess that all the tickets on the visitors side were to PNG fans. That being said, I would also guess that the general admission tickets, how ever many there may have been, were bought by season ticket holders since we have more than 2300 season ticket holders.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores