MidCounty Madness Tickets

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
Ok....I'm gonna see if I can clear this up a little. I got season tickets for the first time 2 yrs ago and MCM was in Ned. When I got my tickets I was told all reserved was gone and all they had was gen admit. The reason for this because we have more season ticket holders than the amt of reserved seats at ned stadium so to try and ensure our season ticket holders get a ticket Ned had to give us Gen Admit tickets too...so when all the reserved are gone they have to overflow into Gen Admit. Now, I think this yr tons of people got season tickets and we simply sold all the MCM tickets they gave us. I really think there will be more released for gen public. There were NO advanced sales to gen public...ONLY season ticket holders! The reason this hasn't happened until recently is because our new stadium is bigger with more season ticket holders. I hope this made sense and clears up some of the confusion.

I am sure you are exactly right.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I'm thinking they may have held back a thousand or so tickets to sell the week of the game and then possibly some at the gates. I thought Nederlands visitor side held something around 4 thousand ? could be wrong but thats my guess. The visitors side is fairly big if I'm not mistaken.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
91, again, it's my understanding that all of the tickets are gone. That the GA tickets went to the PNG season ticket holders who didn't get reserved for the Ned game. And, as you correctly stated, the remainder of the GA tickets were all sold. My sources tell me there will be no more. And again, as I posted above, the sad part is that there are probably season ticket holders that got no tickets at all.

91, you are also correct, in that there was no general public sales on those left over seats, because there were none.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Indian fans ... the week that PN-G beats Nederland, check this message board. Season ticket holders come on this message board and post that they have tickets to sell or give away because they are unable to attend the game for one reason or another (i.e., work, family issues, illness). Check this board and wait for people to offer up some tickets. If that does not work, then go purchase some GA tickets on the Nederland side. It would be great to look across the field and see purple and white dressing up the Nederland side. The purple and white on Nederland's side would be a pleasant change versus seeing all of that God-awful black and gold. If GA tickets on the Nederland side are not possible, then go buy tickets the day of the game at the gate. Surely, Nederland will sell SRO tickets. They would not turn down extra revenue, would they? Sell 1,000 to 2,000 SRO tickets around the end zones and track lines. If that does not work, offer a few season ticket holders a scalper's fee (i.e., face value + profit) for their tickets. If that does not work, then go lean on the fences at Nederland's stadium and push that sucker over and watch the game. Get creative and find a way to be there. Invade Nederland's home side and take the place over. Indian fans pushed open the gates at the Astrodome with 30,000+ fans. You can do the same at Nederland. Our team will take over the field, so why shouldn't our fans take over the stadium?

Go Indians. Peace.

png73

The ticket office did nothing different this year than it has done in years past regarding the sale of tickets to this game. You need to realize that when you state the available seating on the visitors side, you have to consider the number of seats that the band, drill team and students sections take from that number. That is what is available for sale. You can't sale the whole visitors side. You also have the issue of what the fire marshall will consider as a safe number of people in the stadium. That is why alot of stadiums do not allow SRO. The facts are that there are no adult tickets left for this game and that will leave some people out of the game. As stated else where on this board, this was a record number for season ticket sales. We should all be excited and proud of that.

bandkid

Staff member
akifan94 said:
I plan on hopping the fence. Or I might hang out by the field house and just walk in with the team.

You realize that if Nederland's administrators find out things like this were posted on this site (and let's face it: they probably will), they'll put someone there to stop it, right?

pngmom4

500+ Posts
Surely the game will be video'd. Maybe they could set up big screen tvs in the parking lot to air the game live.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
Although I started this topic, don't presently have a ticket and am not assured of getting one, I have to say that I think it is sooooo awesome that two of the greatest neighboring teams in the State of Texas have a cross town rivalry of this magnitude. Whether or not I get to go to the game remains to be seen, but I have to say that I am extremely proud to be a part of the tradition of this rivalry, even if it turns out to be in spirit only with regard to this game. The movie "Friday Night Lights" doesn't hold a candle to the magic and tradition of MIDCOUNTY MADNESS.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
Although I started this topic, don't presently have a ticket and am not assured of getting one, I have to say that I think it is sooooo awesome that two of the greatest neighboring teams in the State of Texas have a cross town rivalry of this magnitude. Whether or not I get to go to the game remains to be seen, but I have to say that I am extremely proud to be a part of the tradition of this rivalry, even if it turns out to be in spirit only with regard to this game. The movie "Friday Night Lights" doesn't hold a candle to the magic and tradition of MIDCOUNTY MADNESS.

:thumbsup:

akifan94

500+ Posts
bandkid said:
akifan94 said:
I plan on hopping the fence. Or I might hang out by the field house and just walk in with the team.

You realize that if Nederland's administrators find out things like this were posted on this site (and let's face it: they probably will), they'll put someone there to stop it, right?

Bandkid,

I was not being serious. Plus, I am 34 and out of shape. I would have a hard time jumping any fence. ;D...Think you can hook me up with a band suit? ;)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If you can't be at the game you can watch it online. Check the main football page for the links. (right side under Next Opponent)

Also, according to Jim Barton the PNG-Ned game will be on cable TV. Not sure if that's live but I would guess it might be a delayed broadcast. I'll check with him.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
If you can't be at the game you can watch it online. Check the main football page for the links. (right side under Next Opponent)

Also, according to Jim Barton the PNG-Ned game will be on cable TV. Not sure if that's live but I would guess it might be a delayed broadcast. I'll check with him.

I think it's delayed...somewhere I recall reading that per UIL rules, Friday games cannot be broadcast in real time...

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
yankeedawg said:
I think it's delayed...somewhere I recall reading that per UIL rules, Friday games cannot be broadcast in real time...

That is correct, the UIL will not permit live telecasts of Friday Night football games if there are other games going on within the viewing area at that time. They reason even if one game was sold out that people would go to the others. I personally do not think there are enough pure HS football fans to support this philosophy - i.e. most fans tend to only support their team, at least during the regular season. I think it would be great to allow live telecast or webcast on a PPV basis a letting the competing schools share in the take.

NDN79

500+ Posts
The U.I.L needs to wake-up in the here and now. Televising, or at the least streaming live online will not diminish the size of the crowds. This would be helpful to the people that are shut-ins, or maybe they have to work the night-shift. I for one hope they change this rule in the future.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores