Nederland at PN-G Mid County Madness (Bum Phillips Bowl)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Ashly Elam‏ @AshlyVYPE Nov 5

[/color]
More

Interesting fact heading into Mid-County Madness. Thanks to their performances over the last two weeks, PNG's defense now ranks third in the district. 1. Nederland (295.4 ypg) 2. Vidor (334.6 ypg) 3. Port Neches-Groves (346.7 ypg)
#VYPESETX#txhsfb@pnghsndns@Nederland_FB

Indian03

100+ Posts
Just my thoughts...

We played this game for 80-something years WITHOUT a trophy and I can guarantee you the winning teams were just as celebratory after their victories. As adults we have to set the example and teach our kids what winning really means. Because if we teach our kids to expect a "trophy presentation" for every life accomplishment, we're not doing our jobs.

HONOR, PRIDE, TRADITION!

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
I just read an article in which Nederland said "In our hearts, we know we're the better team"

TIME TO SCALP'EM INDIANS! Kick some butt!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Their ‘hearts’ are just as likely to be disappointed as PNG players.

We will see if PNG is well prepared for this game. If they are, the odds of winning are just as high as Nederland.

twrpng

100+ Posts
Yea and the 2017 team for png was a better team too and look wat happen. The 2017 team just come off a win against Port Arthur imo the 2nd best team in our district going into the nedrland game. Like i said before dont change wat got you there just make minor ajustements and go win the damn game

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Biggest challenge for PNG in my opinion... owning the line of scrimmage. Do that and the offensive skill players will pick up great yardage and score often.

Every drive, every play, every down, every opportunity, every second is hyper critical in this game. It’s like that every year with the rare exception of the teams not being equally talented.

Both teams need to score on every opportunity or risk big “Mo” from getting away from them.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
To be fair to the o-line, we do need to recognize that two freshman are starting, and at least two juniors. Considering that, this line has had to learn while battling hard.

Bigdog

The Dog
IndianFan said:
DC Texas Football still has PN-G ranked above Nederland. Another indication of the talent that over confident Nederland fans like to overlook.

Per
[/size]@dctf[/size]’s computer rankings, the biggest Week 11 games in each class: 6A — No. 13 Cedar Hill at No. 12 DeSoto 5A DI — No. 24 Birdville at No. 1 Denton Ryan 5A DII — No. 14 Nederland at No. 12 [/color]Port[/size][/color]Neches-Groves[/size] 4A DI — No. 3 Argyle at No. 23 Celina

No ones overlooking PNG, don’t kid yourself

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Nederland (9-0, 6-0) at Port Neches-Groves (6-3, 5-1):
It’s Mid-County Madness and if it wasn’t already a huge game in the Golden Triangle, let’s add in the fact that it’s for the 12-5A Division II district title as well. Bottom line is, this game is must-see television year in and year out and it’s likely to deliver once again. Unbeaten Nederland rolled past Crosby 45-22 as QB Blaysin Fernandez threw for four touchdowns and ran for another touchdown all in the first half as he sat out the second half with the Bulldogs holding a comfortable lead.

Port Neches-Groves didn’t show any ill-effects from losing a game off the field with a forfeit as the Indians knocked off Barbers Hill 31-14 as QB Roschon Johnson accounted for 443 total yards and four total touchdowns in the win. The real key for PNG in this one was the Indians' defense, which played maybe their best game of the season. If that unit continues to play well, there’s no doubt Port Neches-Groves can play with just about anyone in Region III. A year ago, unbeaten PNG went into Nederland as a favorite and left with a heartbreaking last-second loss. The roles are a bit reversed this year as unbeaten Nederland looks to be a slight favorite and the game is in Port Neches. Could history repeat itself this year? My pick is yes, this time PNG gets a bit of revenge and knocks off Nederland to earn the district crown.
Stepp’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves by 3

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2018/11/08/week-11-preview-breaking-down-the-biggest-games-in-texas-high-school-football?ref=related_title

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Bigdog said:
IndianFan said:
the word was overconfident, not overlook.
They aren’t either one.

As it should be. The usual team support on both sides, and some level of confidence, but with mutual respect. Anything can happen on any given night.

Torino

500+ Posts
Bigdog said:
IndianFan said:
DC Texas Football still has PN-G ranked above Nederland. Another indication of the talent that over confident Nederland fans like to overlook.

Per
[/size]@dctf[/size]’s computer rankings, the biggest Week 11 games in each class: 6A — No. 13 Cedar Hill at No. 12 DeSoto 5A DI — No. 24 Birdville at No. 1 Denton Ryan 5A DII — No. 14 Nederland at No. 12 [/color]Port[/size][/color]Neches-Groves[/size] 4A DI — No. 3 Argyle at No. 23 Celina

No ones overlooking PNG, don’t kid yourself

Don't know about the computer rankings, but Texas Football has Nederland ranked in the top 10, 5A-D2

Class 5A Division II

Last Week

1. Aledo Bearcats
9 - 0
W: Joshua, 58-14

2. Marshall Buffalos
9 - 0
W: Houston Northside, 65-7

3. Manvel Mavericks
7 - 2
W: FB Willowridge, 51-7

4. Reedy Lions
9 - 0
Idle

5. Huntsville Hornets
8 - 1
W: Montgomery Lake Creek, 70-7

6. Abilene Cooper Pirates
9 - 0
W: Abilene Wylie, 31-12

7. South Oak Cliff Golden Bears
9 - 0
W: Dallas Kimball, 56-7

8. A&M Consolidated Tigers
8 - 1
W: Bryan Rudder, 75-21

9. Nederland Bulldogs
9 - 0
W: Crosby, 45-22

10. Calallen Wildcats
8 - 1
W: Alice, 49-16

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
No score predictions from me. But I do feel that the last two much improved weeks of defense are no fluke. And that the Indian offense has plenty of firepower, and not just the QB despite all the silly comments around that.

I believe in these Indians. The pride part of the equation stands no matter what. Win or lose.

Good luck to both teams and fan bases. Have a safe game and travel.

GO INDIANS!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores