Nederland Bulldogs @ Port Neches-Groves Indians MCM Time!!!!!!

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I believe this is the 99th edition of MCM. Wade Phillips will be on hand to watch the game and present the trophy.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
This will be a close game. A lot closer than people think. Hopefully the players don’t get distracted with all the hype.

90NDN

500+ Posts
Call me crazy...I know this is mcm, but this is not a close game unless we suddenly forget how to play football. This is a team who allowed 4x pts to Santa Fe and got shutout by Dayton at home

100+ Posts
This will be my first Friday night MCM game to attend in probably 20+ years. Based on what I've seen so far this season, if the PNG HC allows it, this could be a repeat of the 1947 game, which PNG won 71-0. No one knows what will happen, that's why they play the games, but the way I see it, I expect a game similar to last Friday's game.

Last edited:

snowbird

Santa Fe looked like a JV team, how in the world did they beat Nederland? Are we that good? Crippen really seemed to settle in the pocket and actually took off a couple times. great time for him to get hot. Not sure who took the place off Ware but he is a big boy!! Great to see kids get a chance to see the field. They put in as much work as the starters during the week and deserve a chance to shine. (Would not have seen that with Faircloth). Kuddos to coach Joseph!! Might be a little wet Friday night. (surely hope not) Joseph takes it easy on Dogs 49-14

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
#79 is Dillan Romero. He was on the varsity last year as a sophomore and has seen a good bit of action over the past couple of years. He may not be as agile and quick as Ware but he’s got the size and power.

When Crippen is on like that game, he is an all-state level QB. It’s a joy to see him play to his potential and have success. Crippen is a 4.6 40 guy and he can probably have good success running the ball. He ran well as the JV QB a couple seasons back.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Santa Fe looked like a JV team, how in the world did they beat Nederland? Are we that good? Crippen really seemed to settle in the pocket and actually took off a couple times. great time for him to get hot. Not sure who took the place off Ware but he is a big boy!! Great to see kids get a chance to see the field. They put in as much work as the starters during the week and deserve a chance to shine. (Would not have seen that with Faircloth). Kuddos to coach Joseph!! Might be a little wet Friday night. (surely hope not) Joseph takes it easy on Dogs 49-14
By substituting so much, Coach Joseph is keeping his players fresh and building his team for next season. And they are playing with confidence and fire. There is no substitute for game experience.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
That good? Yes.

This defense is on another level compared to the past. Watching the two young middle linebackers, #26 and #43 attack and make good decisions was pure joy. #3 Droddy is one of the best outside linebackers I’ve seen in years. Every position has improved and poor tackling is not even an afterthought.

On offense the line is continuing to shape up, the receivers are great, Crippen is as good as it gets when he’s on, and they even have a BIG power back now when needed with #32 Hebert looking good running the ball.

Good times.

snowbird

#32 could have a big night if Joseph pounds the ball, I to love to see him with the rock, control the clock and he gets avg. 4-5 yards a pop. this will come in handy for the playoffs.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yes. SF looked big
And once we shut down #2 they were done
They are a school to watch out for in the future I think
The tax base is huge it has changed just in the last 20 years

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
But they were bigger at the skill positions per capita than the OL
Their front 7 was pretty darn good but we out coached them and our WRs were no match for their DBs
I bet they win their games with their front 7 D

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores