New look district next year?

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
Sub TJ for Silsbee and LCM for Jasper and that’s what I remember.

Remember when the district was:
PNG
Nederland
WOS
Silsbee
Jasper
Vidor
Lincoln
Bridge City

This was when two teams went to the playoffs, not four. Also, there was a requirement to have a secondary that could run fast. The best receivers and running backs on some of the other schools were constantly going to the State Track Meet to Compete.

Indian99

500+ Posts
Remember when the district was:
PNG
Nederland
WOS
Silsbee
Jasper
Vidor
Lincoln
Bridge City

This was when two teams went to the playoffs, not four. Also, there was a requirement to have a secondary that could run fast. The best receivers and running backs on some of the other schools were constantly going to the State Track Meet to Compete.

True that! They took 3 teams to the playoffs my years. I think it was the first or second year they started doing that.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
Being in a far corner of the state has some disadvantages. Too bad that Beaumont and Port Arthur chose to combine all their high schools. There would probably be a couple of 5A-D2 schools from PA and a few in Beaumont if they hadn't. And more kids would have been able to play sports.
More likely 1 high-end 4A D2, 1 high-end 3A D1 and a low-end 2A. (we had 3 High Schools which were declining in enrollment before consolidation)

Davidp43

100+ Posts
What y’all think harder or weaker district? Replace Crosby, Barbers Hill, and Kingwood Park with Galena Park, FB Willowridge, and FB Marshall. I think just got weaker overall. Matter fact I think 5a2 as a whole is wide open with not that many powerhouses.

Davidp43

100+ Posts
At least we get Austin area schools in the region, unlike PAM, BH, Crosby getting Dallas area teams for bidistrict since they got put in region 2

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Davidp43, is our district composed of:

PN-G
Nederland
Dayton
Texas City
Santa Fe
Galena Park
FB Marshall
FB Willowridge

Without a HC/AD who will select our non-district games? Hope the Indians match-up with PAM, WOS, and Crosby. If not those three, ask BH, Silsbee, and Beaumont United. Thanks for posting the realignment.

Davidp43

100+ Posts
PAM, United, WOS, FB Marshall, Texas City, FB Willowridge, Dayton, Santa Fe, Nederland, Galena Park is the schedule in that order

Davidp43

100+ Posts
PAM, United, WOS, FB Marshall, Texas City, FB Willowridge, Dayton, Santa Fe, Nederland, Galena Park is the schedule in that order
Montgomery, lake creek ,Brenham, Lamar consolidated, Richmond Randle, Huntsville, Bryan Rudder as bidistrict. Pflugerville,Leander area and Austin ISD to finish out region

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
What y’all think harder or weaker district? Replace Crosby, Barbers Hill, and Kingwood Park with Galena Park, FB Willowridge, and FB Marshall. I think just got weaker overall. Matter fact I think 5a2 as a whole is wide open with not that many powerhouses.
I agree slightly weaker. However, likely a tougher bi-district match up unless we secure top seed.

bandkid

Staff member
Excellent schedule. Tip of the cap to the person or persons who put that together. Go Indians!

Dr. Ryan, the high school principal, is responsible for that.

Personally, I’m very pleased to see WO-S and Memorial back on the schedule. We need to renew those old rivalries, and I think playing more SETX teams does a lot to gin up fan attendance.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores