New Stadium Upgrades

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
This was for a long time my goose bump get the blood pumping any time I had a big concert with thousands in the audience (I used to be an amateur rock star)
Especially Mark Farner’s energy on stage
(he’s a huge horse guy and to me you can see it in his antics I love it) this would always put me on that next “plane to entertain”.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else remember back in the 70s when the PNG band had a member that played a bass guitar on the sideline?

PurpleReign

One of those great pump-up the crowd songs that have been mentioned could be played, then transition right into Cherokee! That would be awesome!

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
It’s the “rich” part of Texarkana
(Not all areas)
But it’s more rich than either Texas High or Liberty Eylau
When I moved from PN to PG (in first grade)
It was its own school district but only went to 6th grade
(then they fed into Texas High)
Around 76- 77 ish
They built a Jr High brand new and at the time it was state of the art (everything they do is big through history) ( the stadium has a helicopter pad for rich alumni to land for the games)(not kidding)
The superintendent brought my mother in hand picked to start the band at the Jr High (had been in the works for a while)
So she started the jr high band (I’m sure I’ve mentioned before) wrote the words to the school song (same tune as PNG) which they still sing today without the word “junior” haha. (Pleasant Grove Jr High School”)
They are the first small school I remember getting artificial turf can’t remember the year but I was amazed when I heard (I still own some of the extra pieces of it) first graduating class was 86 (I was the class of 87 so I went to Texas High with the last class of PG TO THS graduates. (Class of 85)
They were terrible at football for years but then started winning state championships at golf then baseball (all 4 major HSs have both football and baseball state championships (LE won baseball this year) TXK is actually a baseball town —- my cousins kid was the star pitcher for Alpine HS a few years back
The coach at Texarkana College told him if he couldn’t hit at least 90 Fastball don’t bother trying out (that’s the talent pool they draw from)
But when PG brought Gibson in prior to the 17 championship season (maybe in 14-15)
PG was so hungry for FB success he could now run for mayor (like Joseph ha) no real industry there (the paper mills are too far away in both N&S directions
But that’s where the big houses are
So I think it’s all property taxes
Chapter one Jk haha

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
They started winning golf state championships in their first year of full 4 year existence 86 then won 4-5 including a three-peat late 80s-90s
Baseball they’ve had 3 and two runner up
LE has 3 as of this year (won both FB AND BB one year. (2006?)
THS only has one FB one BB

Torino

500+ Posts
It’s the “rich” part of Texarkana
(Not all areas)
But it’s more rich than either Texas High or Liberty Eylau
When I moved from PN to PG (in first grade)
It was its own school district but only went to 6th grade
(then they fed into Texas High)
Around 76- 77 ish
They built a Jr High brand new and at the time it was state of the art (everything they do is big through history) ( the stadium has a helicopter pad for rich alumni to land for the games)(not kidding)
The superintendent brought my mother in hand picked to start the band at the Jr High (had been in the works for a while)
So she started the jr high band (I’m sure I’ve mentioned before) wrote the words to the school song (same tune as PNG) which they still sing today without the word “junior” haha. (Pleasant Grove Jr High School”)
They are the first small school I remember getting artificial turf can’t remember the year but I was amazed when I heard (I still own some of the extra pieces of it) first graduating class was 86 (I was the class of 87 so I went to Texas High with the last class of PG TO THS graduates. (Class of 85)
They were terrible at football for years but then started winning state championships at golf then baseball (all 4 major HSs have both football and baseball state championships (LE won baseball this year) TXK is actually a baseball town —- my cousins kid was the star pitcher for Alpine HS a few years back
The coach at Texarkana College told him if he couldn’t hit at least 90 Fastball don’t bother trying out (that’s the talent pool they draw from)
But when PG brought Gibson in prior to the 17 championship season (maybe in 14-15)
PG was so hungry for FB success he could now run for mayor (like Joseph ha) no real industry there (the paper mills are too far away in both N&S directions
But that’s where the big houses are
So I think it’s all property taxes
Chapter one Jk haha
I can assure you, even without consulting TEA website, that PN-G ISD has far more taxable value than Pleasant Grove.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I can assure you, even without consulting TEA website, that PN-G ISD has far more taxable value than Pleasant Grove.
Because of industry and size at least for sure
They’ve always done the latest and greatest
That’s how they’ve always been

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If it can’t be done now at PN-G, it seems unlikely that it ever will. Strike while the iron is hot. Keep the future exciting for players and staff.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores