New year for the Booster Club

OldEagle

500+ Posts
How does a PNGABC member get an account on pngabc.com? Or is there really any need to have an account? What can you do with an account that you can't do if you don't have an account?

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Does anyone know if there will be a meeting tonight? I know that the teams will be practicing today, but I don't know if the meeting will be held due to the Labor Day holiday.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
For those of you on the fence about joining the booster club, Faircloth will host a future meeting in the field house and will provide a tour including the new locker room. That alone is worth the price of joining.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Does anyone know the status of the Indoor Practice Facility? What is the total expenditure for the site and who is responsible for project design, gathering bids and the oversite of the construction? Will the Booster Club have any liability and ongoing insurance ?

If not maybe a Booster Club Board member may read this site and answer for all of us to know.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Who would oversee the bidding process, award of contracts, construction oversite and the ongoing cost for upkeep, electricity, maintenance and insurance cost?

Thanks for the reply, sounds like you have good information or the access to the correct answers.

Thanks again for the info.

Hopfully we can make it work. All athletics/band etc.. would benefit. Has the Board given their okay to proceed with construction, if funding is secured?

Again, thanks for the response!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
*Disclaimer: I may be wrong about this*

It's my understanding that, since it's in such early stages, primarily, what is needed is money commitments. I was told that the 1st gift of $3,000 has been given and we just need to build from there. I think it is to be built with donations alone. Until we know where the money is going to come from, there's no construction for anyone to oversee.

If the money isn't raised, no building. Pure and simple.

I suggested that we sell bricks, say for $100 (Like Cowboys Stadium did), so those that want to, can have ownership in the building...........forever!

ndndad

PNG Proud said:
*Disclaimer: I may be wrong about this*

It's my understanding that, since it's in such early stages, primarily, what is needed is money commitments. I was told that the 1st gift of $3,000 has been given and we just need to build from there. I think it is to be built with donations alone. Until we know where the money is going to come from, there's no construction for anyone to oversee.

If the money isn't raised, no building. Pure and simple.

I suggested that we sell bricks, say for $100 (Like Cowboys Stadium did), so those that want to, can have ownership in the building...........forever!

That would be a great idea. I would be in for a couple !

bark

1,000+ Posts
PNG Proud, I agree, at Tugboat Island we bought 2 or 3 bricks - I think $100 or so each, that is a perfect idea, everyone in the Community would be included. Are we certain that the School Board will support after the construction? There has been mention that Balasmo has voted no on most items that cost money, even those that don't i/e/ the Alamodome game that was, as I understand it, no cost.

Let's get behind this thing and insist that the Board support and commit to this venture both financially and in spirit.

See you tonight.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Problem with bricks is I think it's primarily a metal building. Selling something like an opportunity to have your name, or names of loved ones engraved on a nice plaque that would be another idea. A memorial wall so to speak.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Bark, I'll be there! (with my daughter)

IndianFan, True, but I was thinking about METAL BRICKS!
1.gif

carzan

500+ Posts
Great meeting tonight! Once again I'm going to say this, we are truly blessed to have a coach like Brandon Faircloth at the helm of our athletics department. I say this because his love and appreciation of the kids just shows through.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores