NEXT GAME: PN-G (13-1) vs Liberty Hill (10-4)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Takes you to the same place as the link provided by NDNmom91. Still can’t do any testing or adjust any settings on the “player” as far as I can tell.
Quickly putting my detective hat on and taking it off, I discovered that Nate Sterling is a technician for PNGISD. It's likely that he was tasked to create the page and link, and probably created a personal account for a placeholder. PNGISD should create a more official account name on Twitch and use it. Ideally NDN Press or similar. Even better, create that account and place a short clip announcing the upcoming game.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
There is a post on the setx website from ndn press (I think it is from X but cannot view it on X because I don’t have an X account) saying that the “player is already there” (on the pngisd website I presume) “so if you want to figure out how to get it to stream the way you want” you have until Friday to figure it out. When I click on the link above provided by NDNmom91 it takes me to a graphic similar to what you might find on youtube but with no arrow in the middle to push. If I touch that graphic nothing happens. Below it there is some kind of link from natesterling123 but it says that natesterling123 is offline. If you touch that link it takes you to twitch but says that the channel “has no content.” There is nothing I can find on twitch to do any kind of testing of the “player.” if anyone has any additional information about how the game stream might be accessed at game time it would be greatly appreciated. Is it really possible to somehow access the “player” in advance to make sure it works on your device and/or possibly test out various settings? If so, how do you do this? I cannot figure out how to do this starting out from the link provided above. Also, the post on the Setx website says that the game can ONLY be accessed from the link provided in that post (probably copied from X). I cannot access that link because I do not have (or want) an Setx account (or an X account for that matter). Should the link provided above (i.e, on this PNG sports talk forum) still work? Will you have to have a twitch account to access the game? Once again, I would appreciate any information anyone could provide about these things because NDN press will provide the only way I can watch the game and I want to try to avoid anxiously trying to figure this stuff out around game time.
The Twitch channel that is embedded should be live at game time.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
We all know how the Indian D handled Liberty Hill's offense last year.

Any opinions on if Liberty Hill will have greater success running the ball this year?

On defense Cabrera, Hernandez and Fuentes have presented a solid 3 man front for the Indians all season. The linebacker play also looks to be improved since last season. I expect a similar defensive game plan as last season, with LH looking to throw in some surprises to loosen up the Indian D. That will be an opportunity for more interceptions by Droddy, Poole, Richard, Cobb, Sinette, Wuenschel and Johnson.

Could be more difficult to stop the run than last year given that their team is more healthy, but I still feel fairly confident. However, we do need to be prepared for an occasional surprise attempt at a “bomb.” I recall also thinking this might have been a possibility last year but don’t recall them trying it much (if they did it was obviously not successful). I also think they will have great difficulty stopping our offense, especially if our passing game is clicking to keep them more honest. The biggest concern I have is that we may be a bit flat from thinking it will be a cakewalk. It could be, but I hope the team does not count it’s chickens before they hatch. I doubt that they will given this coaching staff. And as usual we need to minimize any major mistakes like turnovers. We need to quickly convince LH that the game is headed the same way as last year.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
From NDN Press:

PN-G vs Liberty Hill
GAME LINK: https://bit.ly/41bFK2s

"The player is already there, so if you’d like to figure out how to get it to stream the way you want it to wherever you want to stream it, you have until Friday to get that figured out.
Though, we already know it works well to your phone. And to a computer."

It's not adequate to present a link and not provide more details. Does that link go to an individuals account that will stream the game on Friday? Is there an NDN Press account or channel on Twitch? Is the expectation to search for the stream on game night? How can viewers avoid clicking on the bogus links that frequently masquerade as the PNG game stream? Please be more specific to avoid confusion.

I responded to you providing the link prematurely (apparently before you edited it), but that was my point. If anyone in Indian Nation has any answers please post it.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I responded to you providing the link prematurely (apparently before you edited it), but that was my point. If anyone in Indian Nation has any answers please post it.
From NDN Press FB page:

If you can click the link and get to the website, you should be able to watch the game.

Starting tomorrow morning, we will have a video playing so everyone can try it out.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I am not one to make predictions but its hard for me to see their defense stopping our running attack with a defense thats so small. I watched a couple of their games they give up a lot of points. 476 points to PNGs 214. We do have a common opponent in Leander Rouse. LH got beat by them. We won over them pretty well. They are giving up 34 points a game. I am not saying PNG will win. These are just stats and sizes.
Most of the available information about both teams suggests that this game will not be much of a problem for us. As they say, we look to have the clear upper hand “on paper,” but the game will not be played “on paper.” The two biggest wildcards in my view are (1) we may be flat based on the team knowing last year’s outcome and (2) there is always a risk when a team meets a very good option team for the first (only) time. I am less concerned about (2) because the coaching staff faced the same problem last year and met the challenge. I am less concerned about (1) because we have done well in previous “trap” games this year. All in all I am fairly confident, but we still need to execute well.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
But apparently can’t test anything in advance as they suggested you could? No need for a twitch account to watch game?
You do not need a Twitch account, just like you do not need a YouTube account to watch a YouTube video.

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
Their undersized NG is one of the most active players on the front
He seems to take a direction independent of the flow of the play
I do think at times when he guesses correctly it can be disruptive to the offensive play
You gotta admire a player like that
He never stops pushing but uses tangent angles to just “keep moving” even if it’s laterally.

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
LH is definitely not putting up the offensive numbers they did last year
But they’re always going to be dangerous and can break a big play at any time
More teams should run the slot T both at the HS level and college IMO but it’s not glamorous
It allows you to utilize non typical body types
Which the 90s brought us the pass heavy offenses but as we’re seeing lately that’s not always the way to win consistently
Pleasant Grove has mysteriously abandoned it (slot T) the year after they won their second state Championship
And have had lots of D1 talent but been thwarted by Carthage lately since they moved down
I propose if they had at least run some slot T they would still be in the hunt
And meet Bellville (who will win it all in that division)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Most of the available information about both teams suggests that this game will not be much of a problem for us. As they say, we look to have the clear upper hand “on paper,” but the game will not be played “on paper.” The two biggest wildcards in my view are (1) we may be flat based on the team knowing last year’s outcome and (2) there is always a risk when a team meets a very good option team for the first (only) time. I am less concerned about (2) because the coaching staff faced the same problem last year and met the challenge. I am less concerned about (1) because we have done well in previous “trap” games this year. All in all I am fairly confident, but we still need to execute well.
I look for LH to have their down lineman attempt to go low on the Indians offensive line to create congestion in the running lanes, blitz on the edges and rely on their linebacker and safeties to make the tackles. Same formula every opponent has tried to use.

indian17

I have 1 adult and 1 student ticket available for PNG side. Bought too many by mistake. Please message me directly.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Could be more difficult to stop the run than last year given that their team is more healthy, but I still feel fairly confident. However, we do need to be prepared for an occasional surprise attempt at a “bomb.” I recall also thinking this might have been a possibility last year but don’t recall them trying it much (if they did it was obviously not successful). I also think they will have great difficulty stopping our offense, especially if our passing game is clicking to keep them more honest. The biggest concern I have is that we may be a bit flat from thinking it will be a cakewalk. It could be, but I hope the team does not count it’s chickens before they hatch. I doubt that they will given this coaching staff. And as usual we need to minimize any major mistakes like turnovers. We need to quickly convince LH that the game is headed the same way as last year.
They tried 3 passes against us last year and if I remember two were picked off

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I look for LH to have their down lineman attempt to go low on the Indians offensive line to create congestion in the running lanes, blitz on the edges and rely on their linebacker and safeties to make the tackles. Same formula every opponent has tried to use.
Its a great thing we have such disciplined LBs with size and speed. I think Cabrerra and Hernandez are freakishly athletic for their size and will be hard to handle by the smaller line. Gap control and good reads will be the name of the game. Penetration should disrupt their plan of attack.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts

I doubt if they will be as effective as either LC of Huntsville at stopping our run game, and it did plenty of damage against those opponents. I do have some concerns about whatever opponents (or we) have been doing in the second half that has made it less effective. However, if we get a quick start offensively like we usually do, and can also limit the damage from their run game, that may be less important.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
LH is definitely not putting up the offensive numbers they did last year
But they’re always going to be dangerous and can break a big play at any time
More teams should run the slot T both at the HS level and college IMO but it’s not glamorous
It allows you to utilize non typical body types
Which the 90s brought us the pass heavy offenses but as we’re seeing lately that’s not always the way to win consistently
Pleasant Grove has mysteriously abandoned it (slot T) the year after they won their second state Championship
And have had lots of D1 talent but been thwarted by Carthage lately since they moved down
I propose if they had at least run some slot T they would still be in the hunt
And meet Bellville (who will win it all in that division)

I still think we should develop a few running plays with Nguyen, Chatagnier, and Adams all in the same backfield. This would be equivalent to our own “triple option” and I don’t see how teams could stop it.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores