NEXT GAME: PN-G (13-1) vs Liberty Hill (10-4)

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I don’t really post a lot on this form but I sure do read a lot of the post and I don’t know how many of you live through the 70s like I did as a kid. This is exactly like it was back then. Guys relish it. Go Indians
+1...similar vibes. The crowds were much larger in 1976-1977, but now, 46 or 47 years later, people have more entertainment options and you can watch the games on TV or online. But, to your point, very similar vibes. Excitement in the community, excitement in the alumni base, anxious for Friday/Saturday night games, vocal crowds at the games, Cherokee (and now the War Chant) amping up the roar of the crowds, coverage on TV, newspapers, and now online. More kids will come out for football, band, Indianettes, and other student groups. Winning creates momentum for more kids to get involved and the excitement at school carries over to the communities. Very similar vibes to 1974-1977.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
If Bally is buying the rights to air our game they need to pay and the game needs to be moved to NRG stadium. If Bally is airing it NDN Press will not be able to is what I have heard.

They are not buying the rights, they have a contract with the UIL exclusive right to broadcast any football games at any point during the season. If they decide ti broadcast a game, everyone else (including Texanlive or NDN press) are banned from broadcasting it.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Xfinity lists the PN-G game on the guide I’m looking at this morning.

Bally has a system that’s so complicated it’s almost incomprehensible. They first have regions (North, Southwest, etc.). Texas is in the Southwest region (as well as other states). However, the Southwest region is further divided into 4 subregions, and none of those subregions get exactly the same programming. Therefore, just because you get Bally Southwest, does not mean that you will have access to a given sports event that is broadcast on Bally Southwest. In the case of high school games this means that a given game may be available in Houston but not San Antonio, Dallas, or Austin. Or it might be available only in the subregion where San Antonio is located but not the subregion where Houston is located, ect. Moreover, some of the games that might be otherwise available in a given subregion may be blacked out, with the blackouts not bearing any resemblance to anything logical. For example, a game being played in Dallas may be blacked out in San Antonio. In the case of high school games, a game that would otherwise he shown in a given time slot can also be preempted by professional games in a given subregion. If a given high school game is preempted and your cable or satellite provider has an alternate version (channel) of Bally Southwest, the game could be shown on the other channel. If not you could be sol for the live broadcast but they may show a replay later (sometimes as late as two or three weeks later). If not, once again you are sol. The bottom line is that your ability to get this particular game, even if you get Bally Sports, is completely determined by exactly where you are located. Moreover, as far as I can tell you can not get around this by subscribing to the streaming version of Bally because the events you get with the streaming service are also determined by your location (i.e., you will get exactly what you would get in a given location if you got Bally from a cable company etc. in your city). Therefore, although all texas residents will NOT have access to the PNG game on Bally, the ban on alternate broadcasts (e.g., NDN press) still applies, preventing those residents from getting it through any other provider. To add insult to injury, it is almost impossible to go online and determine the broadcast schedules for Bally in a particular city. If a schedule is listed online it does you no good unless you know which region and subregion it pertains to, which it rarely does. Thus, the only way to know if the PNG game will be broadcast in your city is if you already have a subscription to Bally or know someone in your city who does.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Using a VPN service, NordVPN for example, to connect from a server in a different city might allow streaming the game regardless of your physical location.

Being subjected to the whim of various content service providers is a pain and getting worse. DirectTV has removed both FOX and CBS channels as they deal with contract negotiations. As a result, a lot of people can’t even watch NFL games now.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
A student led broadcast should trump any other broadcast. So glad they were approved!

I love all the War Chant we're getting at the games, but what happened to Geronimo's Fury?? When my kids were in band, they use to play it at least once during a game.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts

Great news and quite unexpected. Makes all the Bally stuff moot. Only explanation I can think of is that they made an exception because it was a nonprofit organization with an educational component. In any case I am elated as I cannot attend in person and have watched every other game this season on NDN press. I wonder what is the significance of the fact that it will not be broadcast on the youtube channel (would only be allowed if it was ONLY associated with the school?), as well as how being dissociated from youtube will affect the broadcast itself (hopefully still video and not just audio, same quality?, etc.).

Last edited:

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
+1...similar vibes. The crowds were much larger in 1976-1977, but now, 46 or 47 years later, people have more entertainment options and you can watch the games on TV or online. But, to your point, very similar vibes. Excitement in the community, excitement in the alumni base, anxious for Friday/Saturday night games, vocal crowds at the games, Cherokee (and now the War Chant) amping up the roar of the crowds, coverage on TV, newspapers, and now online. More kids will come out for football, band, Indianettes, and other student groups. Winning creates momentum for more kids to get involved and the excitement at school carries over to the communities. Very similar vibes to 1974-1977.

That’s what I meant by my previous post regarding the Huntsville game “PNG repeating the glory days of the 70’s. Hopefully even better this time. Lets go!!!.” We went to the semifinals or above four straight years, with two finals appearances and one state championship. We also lost very few games during those four years. Having experienced that the “vibe” indeed feels very similar in spite of the fact that the crowds will not be as big. Until recently I had begun to doubt I would ever experience anything like that again, although 1999 was certainly close. Now I think there is a good chance we could repeat that level of sustained success and maybe even exceed it!

bandkid

Staff member
Folks, PN-G's already sold out the visitor's side of Cy-Fair's stadium and it's only Tuesday. That's the fastest I've ever seen PN-G sell out its ticket allotment. I don't even think we sold Livingston's tiny visitor's side out that quickly back in the day.

We might just fill up the home side, too.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Great news and quite unexpected. Makes all the Bally stuff moot. Only explanation I can think of is that they made an exception because it was a nonprofit organization with an educational component. In any case I am elated as I cannot attend in person and have watched every other game this season on NDN press. I wonder what is the significance of the fact that it will not be broadcast on the youtube channel (would only be allowed if it was ONLY associated with the school?), as well as how being dissociated from youtube will affect the broadcast itself (hopefully still video and not just audio, same quality?, etc.).
From what I can tell it appears as though they will using Twitch.tv to stream the game and NDN Press will embed the video on that pngisd page.

My guess is that by not allowing it YouTube it makes it more difficult to find unless you have the link to the pngisd page or know the Twitch channel.

From what I know about Twitch, the video quality should be fine.

Last edited:

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Even though it’s n

From what I can tell it appears as though they will using Twitch.tv to stream the game and NDN Press will embed the video on that pngisd page.

My guess is that by not allowing it YouTube it makes it more difficult to find unless you have the link to the pngisd page or know the Twitch channel.

From what I know about Twitch, the video quality should be fine.

There is a post on the setx website from ndn press (I think it is from X but cannot view it on X because I don’t have an X account) saying that the “player is already there” (on the pngisd website I presume) “so if you want to figure out how to get it to stream the way you want” you have until Friday to figure it out. When I click on the link above provided by NDNmom91 it takes me to a graphic similar to what you might find on youtube but with no arrow in the middle to push. If I touch that graphic nothing happens. Below it there is some kind of link from natesterling123 but it says that natesterling123 is offline. If you touch that link it takes you to twitch but says that the channel “has no content.” There is nothing I can find on twitch to do any kind of testing of the “player.” if anyone has any additional information about how the game stream might be accessed at game time it would be greatly appreciated. Is it really possible to somehow access the “player” in advance to make sure it works on your device and/or possibly test out various settings? If so, how do you do this? I cannot figure out how to do this starting out from the link provided above. Also, the post on the Setx website says that the game can ONLY be accessed from the link provided in that post (probably copied from X). I cannot access that link because I do not have (or want) an Setx account (or an X account for that matter). Should the link provided above (i.e, on this PNG sports talk forum) still work? Will you have to have a twitch account to access the game? Once again, I would appreciate any information anyone could provide about these things because NDN press will provide the only way I can watch the game and I want to try to avoid anxiously trying to figure this stuff out around game time.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
We all know how the Indian D handled Liberty Hill's offense last year.

Any opinions on if Liberty Hill will have greater success running the ball this year?

On defense Cabrera, Hernandez and Fuentes have presented a solid 3 man front for the Indians all season. The linebacker play also looks to be improved since last season. I expect a similar defensive game plan as last season, with LH looking to throw in some surprises to loosen up the Indian D. That will be an opportunity for more interceptions by Droddy, Poole, Richard, Cobb, Sinette, Wuenschel and Johnson.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
There is a post on the setx website from ndn press (I think it is from X but cannot view it on X because I don’t have an X account) saying that the “player is already there” (on the pngisd website I presume) “so if you want to figure out how to get it to stream the way you want” you have until Friday to figure it out. When I click on the link above provided by NDNmom91 it takes me to a graphic similar to what you might find on youtube but with no arrow in the middle to push. If I touch that graphic nothing happens. Below it there is some kind of link from natesterling123 but it says that natesterling123 is offline. If you touch that link it takes you to twitch but says that the channel “has no content.” There is nothing I can find on twitch to do any kind of testing of the “player.” if anyone has any additional information about how the game stream might be accessed at game time it would be greatly appreciated. Is it really possible to somehow access the “player” in advance to make sure it works on your device and/or possibly test out various settings? If so, how do you do this? I cannot figure out how to do this starting out from the link provided above. Also, the post on the Setx website says that the game can ONLY be accessed from the link provided in that post (probably copied from X). I cannot access that link because I do not have (or want) an Setx account (or an X account for that matter). Should the link provided above (i.e, on this PNG sports talk forum) still work? Will you have to have a twitch account to access the game? Once again, I would appreciate any information anyone could provide about these things because NDN press will provide the only way I can watch the game and I want to try to avoid anxiously trying to figure this stuff out around game time.
From NDN Press:

PN-G vs Liberty Hill
GAME LINK: https://bit.ly/41bFK2s

"The player is already there, so if you’d like to figure out how to get it to stream the way you want it to wherever you want to stream it, you have until Friday to get that figured out.
Though, we already know it works well to your phone. And to a computer."

It's not adequate to present a link and not provide more details. Does that link go to an individuals account that will stream the game on Friday? Is there an NDN Press account or channel on Twitch? Is the expectation to search for the stream on game night? How can viewers avoid clicking on the bogus links that frequently masquerade as the PNG game stream? Please be more specific to avoid confusion.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
We all know how the Indian D handled Liberty Hill's offense last year.

Any opinions on if Liberty Hill will have greater success running the ball this year?

On defense Cabrera, Hernandez and Fuentes have presented a solid 3 man front for the Indians all season. The linebacker play also looks to be improved since last season. I expect a similar defensive game plan as last season, with LH looking to throw in some surprises to loosen up the Indian D. That will be an opportunity for more interceptions by Droddy, Poole, Richard, Cobb, Sinette, Wuenschel and Johnson.
I spoke with a Liberty Hill fan today. He said their nose tackle is 165 lbs. and the largest player on their defense is 245 lbs. They have the RB that missed the game last season Noah Long playing this week, but he has a deep thigh bruise and some other type of playable leg injury. They put off a vibe of they are a huge underdog and that they dont expect to win.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I am not one to make predictions but its hard for me to see their defense stopping our running attack with a defense thats so small. I watched a couple of their games they give up a lot of points. 476 points to PNGs 214. We do have a common opponent in Leander Rouse. LH got beat by them. We won over them pretty well. They are giving up 34 points a game. I am not saying PNG will win. These are just stats and sizes.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores